PDA

View Full Version : Russian wife needs psychiatric care

moscowlondon
15-09-2007, 09:58
A month or so ago, I read with interest FCO1922's posts regarding his efforts to get his wife medical care and also to look after his child. Many people on this board--particularly "Dick" and "TjRjn" were vitriolic in their attacks on FCO. They condemned him for wanting to run and not staying to help his wife.

I am in a similar situation--my wife is very ill and has been in-and-out of hospital. I have dual British/Irish citizenship as does my only child. My wife is Russian, with Irish and British passports. The difference is I do NOT want to run; I do NOT want to take my child away. But my wife is extremely ill and has attempted to harm herself several times.

I am now told by the doctors that she is a danger to herself and our child. I am told to "remove" our child from the situation. The British Embassy concurs. Unfortunately, the emergency services are so overloaded that they refuse to come. I HAVE CALLED 03 at LEAST 8 TIMES IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS. THEY ALWAYS SAY THEY HAVE NO AMBULANCES. I have also called the British Embassy daily but the can do nothing.

Perhaps "Dick" with his/her connections in the government and the other posters on this board can help me. Help me get my wife medical attention. Help me help my child. It is terrible for my child to see his mother like this.

So, help. Do not tell me to call the Embassy. I have done that. They can do nothing when a Russian national is involved. I cannot take my child home but do not know how to get help. Dick and TjRjn were full of advice...well, I am asking. And if you want full details, PM me. I'll even tell you the days and times I called the Embassy and emergency services, and the names of the doctors who have been looking after my wife.

Clean32
15-09-2007, 11:11
As i understand it, and again i am no expert.

If there is violance then call the cops 02

a doctour can only commit some one if the witness an act??

Ambulances will know all about you and your wife, thay will just not want to be involved unless called apon by the police.

sorry sounds nasty, but thats what i found out when FCO1922 was posting.

as with FCO1922 i think you will need some local help, try PM FCO1922 and ask about the person who helped him maybe, or go get some leagal advice.

MickeyTong
16-09-2007, 13:16
Sorry to hear about your wife's illness. I'm a registered mental health nurse in Scotland, and I don't know the laws regarding compulsory emergency hospital detentions in Russia. If your wife acknowledges that she is ill, would her GP be able to arrange a voluntary hospital admission, rather than you having to wait for crisis episodes and hope that emergency services will help? (which they don't appear to be doing). Perhaps her medication should be reviewed. You could do with some support yourself - it's not easy looking after someone who is ill, and a young child: and I assume you have to go out to work....
Send me a PM if you want to discuss anything.
Regards
Mick

Billie Bob
16-09-2007, 22:49
there are a few EMERGENCY SERVICES in Moscow, unfortunately i dont know how to find all of them, but the few that I did find....

(most of these services are in russian, maybe someone might have english options)

FAST PSYCHOLOGICAL AID:
925-3101

AND ANOTHER ONE;
205-0550

FEMALE ABUSE:
473-6341

MTC MOBILE PHONE, MEDICAL HELP: 0803

AMBULANCE SERVICES:
223-7003
401-5470

PRESIDENT HOSPITAL:
167-2196

FAMILY HELP;
739-5911

NARCOTIC AID, AMBULANCE DISPATCH;
104-5504

HOSPITALIZATION:
937-3003

PSYCHOLOGY HELP; CONSULTANTS ONLINE
452-0356

PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP, 24 HRS;
545-7799

---------------------------------
(THE FOLLOWING SPEAK ENGLISH TOO)
ELENA AND VALENTIN SCHUMANN
HELP24 @ GMAIL. COM
135-1760

KRIS NORDIN (COUNSELOR HELP)
773-0102 ALSO REGISTERED NURSE

TATIANA DRUSINOVA (PSYCHOLOGIST)
782-6577
TDRUSINOVA @ MAIL. RU

-------------------------------------
May God Bless You and your family!
I hope Im not too late with this...

and most of all, call ahead, before things do get worse... know the roots...

if anything, I can have you talk to an american priest at st catherines church, who could also be very helpful at hard times to figure out, what to do...

ISPMAN
18-09-2007, 00:07
I had the same issues with my wife, no kids were around yet. PM me or give me a call I might can give you some advice. I will give you me number ehe nyou PM me