PDA

View Full Version : want some information on 25th december

sajidakram
24-11-2011, 23:23
hi i want to know that is there any price decrease on electronics products on 25th december. Like in America or England etc they reduces the prices on laptops etc on 25th. Is it same in Moscow? If thats the case where can i buy? I have heard something about a shop 'eldorado' that they reduces the prices does anyone know about it?

martpark
25-11-2011, 00:23
hi i want to know that is there any price decrease on electronics products on 25th december. Like in America or England etc they reduces the prices on laptops etc on 25th. Is it same in Moscow? If thats the case where can i buy? I have heard something about a shop 'eldorado' that they reduces the prices does anyone know about it?

Well, in Russia the big gift giving day is Jan 1st, so you might have to wait until then for the sales. And El Dorado has a dodgy reputation.

FatAndy
25-11-2011, 10:37
Let me tell you one nice anecdote of IT business:
One man comes to electronics shop and sees that sales guy replaces price stickers for e-book reader from 12K rub to 8.5K rub.
- Oh. what has happened, why such huge price drop?
- Nothing happened, just New Year discounts season is finished...
;)

Rhubard Geoff
25-11-2011, 10:41
December is the biggest month of sales for consumer electronics in Russia so there will be no price drop.

I've shopped in MVideo, El D and Teknosila and I can't say they are any worse than any western retailer, though if you wanted that comfort use Media Markt.

Benedikt
25-11-2011, 11:40

before you go to any of these mega stores, shop around and look for places around your home.
It definitely is worth it. and what they maybe cant do with low low prices, they do with on the spot service, free repairs and so forth.
i don't really care if it get a notebook for 100 rubles cheaper, but it conks out 1 day after the guarantee has expired. there is a certain electronics supermarket in town, i will not mention a name here,but the name WAS mentioned by one of the posters.they are WELL KNOWN for their -gray- ware.
another one cheated me, a big VIDEO shop.. they put in my MAC only a -one year trial program-, when the year was over i had to buy a new one. for a 75 000 ruble computer a rip off.

Media market,or if you have a METRO card, are good, at least they have service, employees that know what they are doing *(Never once have i heard at media markt the phrase - this is not my section, i don't work here, i am here only the first day-).

in Moscow or Russia for all what it is worth, there is no such a thing as -black Friday- or -summer or winter -sales as in the USA or Europe. But here and there, i would be VERY careful about these 70 and 80 and 90 % discounts. shops are here to make money and not to give things away.
and a electronics shop is not a supermarket, you make milk and bread -loss leaders- you share it anyway with the factory, because there are so many other things a shopper will throw into the basket, they make it up easily.

Shooters
25-11-2011, 13:01
All shops are expensive, markets like Savelovski, Gorbushka etc are now expensive too.

The cheapest is online shops, there are hundreds in Moscow.

Best way to do:

Go to M-Video or Mediamarkt to decide what you will buy, talk with the sellers and say "Thanks, I will think".

Go back home, open www.price.ru, type the reference of what you decided to buy, find the cheapest, check the delivery conditions, and order.

The only situation when market is better is when you want build your computer yourself and chose cards, disks, etc. For all other situations, for computers, phones, audio, video, kitchen material etc etc. you will save about 25% from M-video shops, and 15% from mediamarkt.

FatAndy
25-11-2011, 14:49
and 15% from mediamarkt.
To take generally, yes. But MM is famous with its pricekillers (I mean 3-5 models where they have REALLY VERY good price, they work like steam engine, pulling other sales.
For a notebook having a very good price you'll need mouse, bag, spare power supply for dacha, USB flash etc. Of course you won't buy it in anoter place most probably, and be sure, they will squeeze margin here immediately, covering notebook discount, with a good gap ;)

sajidakram
25-11-2011, 21:07
so at the end it is concluded that i should go the Mvideo or media mart to get a good laptop. Actually before coming to russia some one told me to buy from eldorado on 1 jan but seeing the conditions at the shops i was a little bit confused. You can't buy laptop everday so i have to buy a perfect one. Worst thing is that i am a new student here and i don't have a metro card the university didn't give us because being in the language course :(. But i will go to the media mart as soon as i have time and most of all where it is located :question:

Shooters
26-11-2011, 23:40
> so at the end it is concluded that i should go the Mvideo or media mart to get a good laptop.

I think you did not understand, but good luck ;)

sajidakram
27-11-2011, 01:02
i understand you completly but the thing is that i am not very much of a computer techical person so i don't have very vast knowledge about it so thats why i have to buy a ready made laptop but i wilc compare the prices and then buy it:10293: