PDA

View Full Version : Looking for friends!

emeline
22-11-2011, 12:21
Hi everyone! My name is Elina, my sister recommended me to join this community :) Some of you may know her, her user name is Miracle, and her real name is Eleonora) She is a great pianist, if it helps ;))
Anyway, I'm Korean and I live in Russia my whole life, and my native language is also Russian. I study English and French (and Korean), and I need communication with native speakers to improve my language skills or, probably, help those who study Russian:) Also, I would really like to find friends here :)

emeline
22-11-2011, 13:12
Can you make good kimchi? If you can, I'll be your friend.

Well, I guess, we are friends now)) Although some people say, my kimchi is way too spicy)) But I'll work on it)))
So, how come you know about kimchi? You have been to Korea?

emeline
22-11-2011, 16:45
Hello my new friend!

Yeah, I spent a little time there.

Too spicy????? Puh-leeeeeeeze!

Tell me about it!)) Do you speak other languages besides English? Russian, probably?

Nav
22-11-2011, 19:13
Welcome,Elina.Nice to hear from you.

robertmf
22-11-2011, 19:28
Hi everyone! My name is Elina, my sister recommended me to join this community :) Some of you may know her, her user name is Miracle, and her real name is Eleonora) She is a great pianist, if it helps ;)) ... :) Also, I would really like to find friends here :)

:wavey: Привет и welcome to expat.ru !! Yes, I remember Miracle7777 from a few years ago. I don't think she has posted here recently.

I've been to Cheju-do just south of Pusan and do not like kimchi (too spicey).

:rasta:

Durbsgirlie
22-11-2011, 21:27
Hi

I am new in Moscow and i am interested in meeting new people as well. I am from South Africa. We could get to know each other if you like.

Durbsgirlie

Mud
22-11-2011, 21:51
Hello emeline and welcome to the Expat.ru forums!

I met your sister in the summer of 2009 during her brief visit. We had a nice group of friends from these forums and she took several photos and sent them around. She really is a lovely young lady! :)

This is a great place to meet people and make acquaintances and friends. You really ought to try to join one of the gatherings you see listed in Local Events:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178

I hope to see you out!

Best regards to Miracle7777 and to you!

All the best!
Mud :)

Mud
22-11-2011, 21:56
Hi Durbsgirlie!

I didn't want to ignore your post here Durbsgirlie! Same advice.

This is a great place to meet people and make acquaintances and friends. You really ought to try to join one of the gatherings you see listed in Local Events:

I hope to see you out!

All the best!

Come have fun! :)
Mud

emeline
22-11-2011, 22:02
Ya uchus

Zdorovo!:)

emeline
22-11-2011, 22:03
Welcome,Elina.Nice to hear from you.

Thank you! Likewise :)))

emeline
22-11-2011, 22:10
:wavey: Привет и welcome to expat.ru !! Yes, I remember Miracle7777 from a few years ago. I don't think she has posted here recently.

I've been to Cheju-do just south of Pusan and do not like kimchi (too spicey).

:rasta:

Thank you! My sister is extremely busy with her studies now, she really doesnt have much of free time, although she is really sad that she had to give up moderating the website. Anyway, she said she remembers everyone, and it is so nice that you also remember her :)))
And, I hope, even though you dont like kimchi, we still can become friends:)))

emeline
22-11-2011, 22:12
Hi

I am new in Moscow and i am interested in meeting new people as well. I am from South Africa. We could get to know each other if you like.

Durbsgirlie

Hi! Surely, I would be very happy to get to know you. What is your impression about Moscow? It's ok, if you don't like it, I'm just really interested in what you think about the city!

emeline
22-11-2011, 22:20
Hello emeline and welcome to the Expat.ru forums!

I met your sister in the summer of 2009 during her brief visit. We had a nice group of friends from these forums and she took several photos and sent them around. She really is a lovely young lady! :)

I hope to see you out!

Best regards to Miracle7777 and to you!

All the best!

Thank you! I'm so excited about joining the forums! And thanks for saying nice words about Eleonora, she really is a lovely young lady ;))) If you saw her, you probably know that she studies abroad now. If everything goes well, she will come here for Christmas vacations, and maybe we could meet all together!
I remember her coming to your gatherings, and I would love to come also, thanks! :)

svenja
23-11-2011, 14:58
Hi i'm in moscow since 2 months so pretty new and i'd like to meet some new people aswell. are you guys all meeting up this week? if so let me know and i would love to join you! :)

bob
23-11-2011, 15:36
Hi & welcome to the forum !

Which part of S Africa are you from ?

mds45
23-11-2011, 16:35

Here's a wild random guess erm! Durbs Girl - could it be Durban?

Durbsgirlie
26-11-2011, 15:53
Hi Durbsgirlie!

I didn't want to ignore your post here Durbsgirlie! Same advice.

Come have fun! :)
Mud

Thanks Mud. Will do...: )

Durbsgirlie
26-11-2011, 15:56
Here's a wild random guess erm! Durbs Girl - could it be Durban?

Hi, lol, how did you guess....

Durbsgirlie
26-11-2011, 15:57

Hi

I am from Durban. Where are you from?

Durbsgirlie
26-11-2011, 16:08
Hi! Surely, I would be very happy to get to know you. What is your impression about Moscow? It's ok, if you don't like it, I'm just really interested in what you think about the city!

Hi emeline

So far so good. I live out of the city so its nice to come out for the day. Just for a change of scenery. I think its beautiful and there is so much to c. How do you like it?

bob
26-11-2011, 17:58
Hi

I am from Durban. Where are you from?

I am from India but have been visiting South Africa since 93 on business. Still have quite a few friends there. Have been living now in Moscow for the past 2 years.

Enjoy your time here, its a lovely place and this forum is quite exciting with lots of friendly people and lots of sound advice.

bcribb
26-11-2011, 18:55
Good evening everyone. My name is Ben and I have just started teaching Economics at the British Intenational School in Moscow. I am loving it and want to stay for many years. I am looking for new friend in Moscow. If you know any informal meetings that I could attend I would like to hear from you.