PDA

View Full Version : Post your best hangover cures

psiems
26-11-2003, 19:15
Keep getting sucked in to late nights with work the next morning. As drinking is inevitable, anyone have suggestions to feel better for the work day that always comes creeping up on me?

DPG
26-11-2003, 19:20
Erm, hey! This post looks a bit familiar...see my one below regarding colds!!!;)

To answer your question, I can offer you the following advice...black coffee or any caffine containing item is the last thing you want. Same sentiment for anything greasy and fried (which brings me to the question of where one can get the best full english breakfast here?).

Basically, the thing to do is: drink at least a couple of litres of water before you go to sleep.

Drink Cranberry juice when you awake (only fruit which is alkaline rather than acidic - flushes the kidneys), eat fructose e.g. jam on toast. Drink more water.

DPG
26-11-2003, 19:22
Has anyone tried any of those 'anti-pokhmeli' tablets??

What do they do and do they work?

psiems
26-11-2003, 19:26
I did take inspiration off the previous post!! I tried the pills, I think they might work. Then again, I really don't know how I would feel if I hadn't taken them so I can't be sure if they work!

Anouk
26-11-2003, 19:38
A litre of water, a cigarette and something from McDonald's :shame:

lochnessmonster
26-11-2003, 20:18
Does anyone actually LIKE that 'TAN' stuff which is labelled as 'pachmeli syndrom' specifically for hangovers, but looks suspiciously like kefir with water and aspirin mixed in?
Cos if anyone wants any, I have about FIVE bottles in my fridge...

earl
27-11-2003, 09:12
Valium works amazingly well. So does marijuana (hypothetically speaking, of course.)

-earl-

Hawk
27-11-2003, 09:45
another few more shots will get you back into the swing of things.......

allice
27-11-2003, 10:08
A painkiller (advil if I have it, analguin if I don't) before I go to bed (unless too drunk to remember to take it). Kefir and water next morning. Don't eat anything until it goes away. :agree:

Loki
27-11-2003, 12:12
A good hard shag usually does the trick.

allice
27-11-2003, 12:16
Originally posted by Loki

BS

If you can get it up, that means you haven't drunk enough to have a hangover the next day. :p

earl
27-11-2003, 12:19
Originally posted by Loki
You must be kidding, right? When I wake up really hung over, it doesn't matter who is in bed with me -- sex is the last thing on my mind.

I normally end up saying the drinker's prayer, said over the toilet:
"Dear Jesus, if you make it go away, I promise I will never ever drink again."

-earl-

Loki
27-11-2003, 12:52
Nope a good hard shag gets the sweat going, releases the toxins from the body, and makes you drink a load of water afterwards to flush out those kidneys. Works for me anyway. Alice, I don't think I've ever had the little fireman go on strike regardless of the amount I've put away the night before.

wwwoland
27-11-2003, 14:19
Loki -- Agree. Allice -- what's the deal? Never woken up the next morning hung AND horny? Seems to me the two often go together, and a shag is what the doctor ordered...:agree:

DPG
27-11-2003, 15:09
Things still hang when you are horny??!!

Doctors can do things for that complaint now you know (at least I've heard they can!!!);)

Braders
27-11-2003, 17:12
There is no cure.

After reading an issue of FHM, i came across an article involving 6 drinkers who were to be used as Guinea Pigs.

They were given Berocca after a heavy night of boozing and all but one said there was a definate improvement after taking one of these Berocca tablets when they woke.

So.... i bought some and after a good booze up i took one the next morning it did bugger all!!, i was HAD ;)

DJ Biscuit
27-11-2003, 18:53
PINT OF COLD MILK AND TWO SAMOSAS

kiki
27-11-2003, 19:21
Guys,

But one question though: Why to get in such condition? What's the point being drunk and feel like sh*t next morning or whenever?

Just to have some vine and enjoy good company (if any) - nothing compare to it!

lochnessmonster
27-11-2003, 19:24
I suppose there is no sensible answer to that. Or if there IS, it makes no sense. What is it that DRIVES US to the extreme? Hey, wine and good company, four bottles of the stuff and you're out for the count. Any good hangover recs?

Edith
27-11-2003, 19:33
Ice cold champagne, boiling hot bath, gentle sex and spicy soup. In that order!

kiki
27-11-2003, 19:46
Originally posted by Edith
Ice cold champagne, boiling hot bath, gentle sex and spicy soup. In that order!

Let me in, please!:cool: :agree:

lochnessmonster
27-11-2003, 20:47
Oh WOW, can i try some of that, too!

Jolly Joker
28-11-2003, 10:31
2 tabs of Aspirine with a liter of cold water and an ice-poultice on a forehead. Close your eyes and dont keep your head vertically for 10-15 mins.

earl
28-11-2003, 11:00
Heh... I guess it depends on what you call "hung over". I wouldn't call myself hung over unless I roll out of bed and start vomiting; otherwise, I just have a bit of a headache, completely unrelated to last night's festivities ;)

-earl-

Wanderer
28-11-2003, 11:13
There's no doubt about it - hangover and hard on seem to be rampant together. A shag takes your mind off the other pain, but sure doesn't cure it (just ask a certain Chinese bird - i still had my head down the bog ages afterwards).

Best bet is to select your choice of drinks well during the evening and try and get a good complimentry mix (eg beer and whisky). Then drink even just a glass of water.

Have fun!

Wanderer
28-11-2003, 11:16
....and eat well during the session. That means eat BEFORE drinky-poos, not t'other way round !

geordie
28-11-2003, 18:18
Marmite, which is yeast extract, contains vitamin B12 which is the stuff that beer takes out of your system. Vitamin B12 helps your nerves. Also smokers get much worse hangovers than non-smokers

DPG
28-11-2003, 19:34
Originally posted by earl
Heh... I guess it depends on what you call "hung over". I wouldn't call myself hung over unless I roll out of bed and start vomiting

You must have never had a REAL hangover then - I'm talking about the kind of killers when you are so dehydrated that there is no fluid in your body to vomit!!! It took until the third year of university to reach the dizzy heights of such pain!!!

Billie Bob
28-11-2003, 19:43
BEFORE GOING OUT

have some bread and butter (coats the stomach and soaks the first wave of HO)

drink down 2 aspirin (anacin, tylenol, advil)

(before you leave your place, place two tablets and a glass of water by your bedside)

go out and have a ball

once your done, get undressed, and take those two aspirins down, drink plenty of fluid, water is fine.

once you wake up, if you still get the feeling you are out of it, take another two aspirin, and drink down plenty of water, non stop.

the water flushed your system, the aspirin thins out your blood.

does the trick.

:agree:

Sun_rise
28-11-2003, 23:56
I've got a suggestion here....quit drinking

lochnessmonster
29-11-2003, 10:44
BB, that is pretty impressive that you are so organised. I particularly like placing the aspirins and glass of water by the bed.

I used to go to a place called 'The Limit' which is the only place I've known where you can get CARRIED IN as well as CARRIED OUT!

My friend used to phone himself before we started drinking and leave a message like this: "Happy now? when will you realise that you need to stop drinking. find your limit and stick to it. I suppose you'd better go and have some water, aspirin's in the bathroom cabinet. Next time pace yourself..."

how's that for organisation!

pafckinzhalosta
01-12-2003, 13:00
vallium

enough to knock you out for another 8 hours

geordie
02-12-2003, 11:53
Freezing cold Iron Bru, that always works for me. I find it depends whether you have been drinking beer, wine or spirits. Each hangover should be treat individually.
A lot you can cure with food if you catch it early. If you leave it for too long food can then send you on a whitey. Touch and go. If you still feel slightly pissed from the the night before have a rum and port. Sounds nasty I know but this is the Alcoholics way of settling the stomach and getting back on the wagon seamlessly.
A lad in the office swears by Cocodamol. Dissolve two tablets into a pint of water before you go to bed and neck it. It should do its magic through the night.
If you cannot get your hands on that, believe it or not a Max strength Lemsip should do the trick. Stops shivers aches and shit like that. Flu is not too dissimilar to a paralysing hangover. Hope I have been of some assistance

Loki
04-12-2003, 17:10
I've been told that a bloody mary with a raw egg in it will do the trick, but you have to be a brave man to try that one.

geordie
04-12-2003, 18:12
That would just make me spew my ring. I hate tomato juice and a raw egg?? Urggggggggghhhhhh for gods sake man. Rotten.

dacha_culture
08-12-2003, 10:00
Originally posted by Sun_rise
I've got a suggestion here....quit drinking

Close, but the answer is: Don't stop drinking

geordie
08-12-2003, 12:35
There's nothing like necking a freezing cold can of lager 5 minutes after waking up...very refreshing.
The person who comes up with the hangover cure will be rich I tell you, and the people to sell the idea to would be a brewery. Imagine you went and bought a crate of Carling and you were given the option of buying a Carling hangover kit to go with it for a couple of extra quid. I am telling you big bucks....