PDA

View Full Version : Eko Pubs.. Coming soon 2013

Judge
18-11-2011, 12:32
New beers laws in 2013,no more beer sold from kiosk :mooooh: word is new bars to open called Eko Pubs.
Makes sense, will stop people drinking on the streets, and move them inside.. If the price is right(and good food) I can see these Eko pubs being a winner...

“It will be the kind of pubs where you will be able to drink beer for a reasonable price – not those that we see in cafes – 150 rubles and higher – but for 40-50 rubles,” Kamal Lebedev, a representative for Zolotoi Standart, the largest distributor of Baltika beers, told RBK.

http://www.themoscownews.com/business/20111110/189193128.html

xSnoofovich
18-11-2011, 13:02
I bring you the dreams of tomorrow - today.

Lalalalalalaalalal introducing your "Eko" Pubs.........

http://www.kruzhka.ru/

http://www.kruzhka.ru/gallery/photos/1.jpg

Tony P
18-11-2011, 13:06
Makes sense, will stop people drinking on the streets, and move them inside..

It will keep the streets, parks etc freer of bottles, cans and cigarette packets.

Less cleaning = less cleaners = less immigrant workers, a common complaint of the very people dropping stuff everywhere except in a bin!

Judge
18-11-2011, 13:08
Cheap Kruzhka beer with Картофель жареныйс мясом... :respect:
Eko pub could challenge Kruzhka, I feel a price war coming soon.

xSnoofovich
18-11-2011, 13:11
Less cleaning = less cleaners = less immigrant workers, a common complaint of the very people dropping stuff everywhere except in a bin!

Logically, it makes sense !

But, it seems that most of the people that make these kinds of comments just want to complain about something.

Just the other day, one person was complaining that a new person was Chechen, and how they couldn't possibly work with that person, and what should they do? I was like, whatever, who cares? Person responds ........ alsdkjfa;lkfdja;sfdj............ ( usual bla bla bla ). I was like, and how do you know they are Chechan? Person responds, dark skin + red beard. I was like, ok, but none of that has anything to do with the job, and besides, did you see their passport? Person responds -no. I asked, did you ask this person? Person responds, no. A few days later, the person says - hey ! that new person is great, and guess what? they are not Chechan, they are Russian !

xSnoofovich
18-11-2011, 13:13
Eko pub could challenge Kruzhka, I feel a price war coming soon.

Why don't you and Ezik do us all a favor and pre-negotiate an expat card holders discount? :)

Then, they will know our loyalty in the coming price war.............

Judge
18-11-2011, 13:16
It will keep the streets, parks etc freer of bottles, cans and cigarette packets.

Not many people drinking beer on the streets nowadays, well in the centre hardly any.. Take Pushkin Sq and opposite where Mcdonalds is, I'm often there and see maybe 4-5 people drinking beer on the benches( bottles in brown bags)..The culture of drinking beer outdoors(centre) is changing here, mind you,in parks it's a different situation..

Less cleaners, can never have enough cleaners, but agree with who are the litter bugs here..

annasophia
18-11-2011, 13:59
Screw Eko. And Kruzhka too.

All the fun is at the Metro stations. No better people watching to be found in the world than at Arbatskaya with an 18 ruble beer and a pakov of cheap Russian cigarettes.

The food is better at the Metro as well.

xSnoofovich
18-11-2011, 14:15
with an 18 ruble beer a

Wow. 18 ruble beer?

That is a blast from the past. Unless you are drinking zhilgovskya, (and even then that is still 3-4 years ago) you are talking about prices from like - 2004-ish.

annasophia
18-11-2011, 14:41
Wow. 18 ruble beer?

That is a blast from the past. Unless you are drinking zhilgovskya, (and even then that is still 3-4 years ago) you are talking about prices from like - 2004-ish.

Gotta love people who pass over main topics to nitpick details. :yellowcard:

18 rubles in 2008. Just hell yes, a warm Stary Melnik from the Metro kiosk and crap Russki smokes for 25 rubles a pack. Stardogs for....65?

Three years ago, assuming Russian inflation at approximately 8% per year X whatever argument you want to insert=cheap Metro fun. People watching is still free I hope?

Kruzhka sucks under every circumstance. Dreadful place[s]. The food is worse than awful, the beer is equally bad, and the service is worse than the beer and the food combined. The Metro rules.

Tony P
18-11-2011, 14:45
Kruzhka sucks under every circumstance. Dreadful place[s]. The food is worse than awful, the beer is equally bad, and the service is worse than the beer and the food combined.

"Apart from that how did you find the play Mrs Lincoln?"

EDIT - actually it sounds like Marvin, the paranoid android.

xSnoofovich
18-11-2011, 15:17
Gotta love people who pass over main topics to nitpick details. :yellowcard:

18 rubles in 2008. Just hell yes, a warm Stary Melnik from the Metro kiosk and crap Russki smokes for 25 rubles a pack. Stardogs for....65?

Nitpick details?

I thought the whole topic was about drinking cheap beer in peace. :/

18 ruble beer in 2008? maybe baby, but, being an ex-heavy beer drinker, and being winner of the kiosk client of the year award for many years running now, I would officially say - maybe baby, maybe.

annasophia
18-11-2011, 15:33
No maybe, baby. I was on a pretty strict budget and any Metro piva over 20 rubles was off my list. Stary Melnik all the way for a quality cheap can of beer.

Expats can be poor, I was one of them. Rich in spirit but poor of pocketbook.

And there was a Kruzhka right next to our building. I drank at the Metro anyway. Made friends there too. I was especially fond of the two ladies who ran the Teremok stand and came to be quite friendly with them (dear god how I love Russian blini).

Street blini, kiosk beer, local dogs--good neighborhood fun. All within my budget.

xSnoofovich
18-11-2011, 15:37
any Metro

what station was that?

robertmf
18-11-2011, 15:46
"Apart from that how did you find the play Mrs Lincoln?"

EDIT - actually it sounds like Marvin, the paranoid android.

:whisper: Marvin was depressed, not paranoid :elf:

Tony P
18-11-2011, 16:16
Marvin was depressed, not paranoid

Agreed - but I used what Zaphod calls him and who am I to go against the former President of the Galaxy.

FatAndy
18-11-2011, 17:17
Will be here such pubs or not, still there is one year or a bit more to make reserves via METRO (not Metro station kiosks, but those big shops/warehouses ;))

robertmf
18-11-2011, 20:32
Agreed - but I used what Zaphod calls him and who am I to go against the former President of the Galaxy.

Marvin had his good points :10518:

:tgif:

Tony P
18-11-2011, 22:12
Marvin had his good points
Longevity.

Useful when waiting until 2013 for a beer.

Judge
18-11-2011, 23:35
No maybe, baby. I was on a pretty strict budget and any Metro piva over 20 rubles was off my list. Stary Melnik all the way for a quality cheap can of beer.

Expats can be poor, I was one of them. Rich in spirit but poor of pocketbook.

And there was a Kruzhka right next to our building. I drank at the Metro anyway. Made friends there too. I was especially fond of the two ladies who ran the Teremok stand and came to be quite friendly with them (dear god how I love Russian blini).

Street blini, kiosk beer, local dogs--good neighborhood fun. All within my budget.

Anna,you're right, the fun is at the metro kiosks. Snoofovich has been there and got more than a t-shirt to prove it. You and him are on the same wavelength, trust me on this one.. I've been Snoofovich's kiosk drinking partner for the last 7 years .I've just finished a light session with the king of the beer kiosk at Pushkin, sad to report, only two beer kiosks left.

Anna,we aren't on a strict budget , far from it, we just enjoy it. I think you know what I mean..
I used to be big fan of Stary Melnik ,but others would question my choice, I even had Russian guys come up to me in disgust, asking how could I drink such shite..I listened and now I only drink Baltika troika.:D

Places like Kruzhka are only OK when the temp drops down to -20/30 any other temp then it's kiosk drinking all the way.
Maybe baby, one day you can join us on a kiosk drinking crawl..The end is coming but we still try and fly the flag high.

FatAndy
19-11-2011, 07:41
I listened and now I only drink Baltika troika. - devyatka is better - triple effect!:D