PDA

View Full Version : Putin sends government home

ezik
12-09-2007, 21:24
Putin, in a surprise, dissolves Russian government - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/09/12/russia.parliament.ap/index.html)

So, now Zubkov is in charge. He fights money-laundering, which means he must know about the subject quite a lot.

Some say he is the next President.

Some say he is going to be just a temporary president (at age 65, quite close to retiring) allowing Putin a chance to come back soon, without having to change the consitution.

To me, this move looks like the Kremlin is a bit uncertain.

Judge
13-09-2007, 01:30
I'm pretty sure that the people in the Kremlin know what they are doing,what's going on makes everyone guess,lots of ifs and buts,but Putin knows what he wants.

Korotky Gennady
13-09-2007, 13:42
[url=http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/09/12/russia.parliament.ap/index.html]

To me, this move looks like the Kremlin is a bit uncertain.

ezik, i bet that the next president will be either Sergei Ivanov or Vadim Medvev and already now i am thinking about whom i will be voting for... ;)

Benedikt
13-09-2007, 16:11
and by law has to retire next year or ask the president for excemtion(sp?)
i think he is only here for a stop gap and because they both go back together to St.P. times and KGB.Putin appoints /puts people he knos and trusts into palces now, so he knows there will be 'peace' when the new president is being announced, sorry, after being elected....

TGP
14-09-2007, 19:47
and by law has to retire next year or ask the president for excemtion(sp?)
i think he is only here for a stop gap and because they both go back together to St.P. times and KGB.Putin appoints /puts people he knos and trusts into palces now, so he knows there will be 'peace' when the new president is being announced, sorry, after being elected....

"Peace" is really a very important thing for Russia, taking into account the fact that we have already experienced the property redistribution in the 90-s. I guess no one here wants to go through this again.

Korotky Gennady
14-09-2007, 22:04
we have already experienced the property redistribution in the 90-s. I guess no one here wants to go through this again.

I wanna... I wanna a little bit of property too. I am late on the redistribution when they shared all this. :grind: :grind: :grind:

Hey ! Give me my pinch !

TGP
15-09-2007, 00:02
I wanna... I wanna a little bit of property too. I am late on the redistribution when they shared all this. :grind: :grind: :grind:

Hey ! Give me my pinch !

I wish you good luck in getting your big piece of the pie! :applause:

Benedikt
15-09-2007, 11:41
on Tv to run for president. and even more thaqn that. Putin also said that during Zubkov's term, where ever he was working not a single case of graft/bribe was discovered.
And Putin said it is good if there are 5 people running for president, it will give the voters a choice ( and the world to see, that it was a democratic election...).
But it was already Stalin who said'it is not important who votes / gets the votes but who COUNTS the votes...Not trying to implicate anything.
From the looks and sounds of it of it, Zubkov is Putin's man.

Korotky Gennady
18-09-2007, 14:15
on Tv to run for president. and even more thaqn that. Putin also said that during Zubkov's term, where ever he was working not a single case of graft/bribe was discovered.
And Putin said it is good if there are 5 people running for president, it will give the voters a choice ( and the world to see, that it was a democratic election...).
But it was already Stalin who said'it is not important who votes / gets the votes but who COUNTS the votes...Not trying to implicate anything.
From the looks and sounds of it of it, Zubkov is Putin's man.

Benedikt, maybe... But he is too old. :verycool:

Judge
19-09-2007, 10:29
Benedikt, maybe... But he is too old. :verycool:
Maybe that is the idea,to stick someone old in...then 2 years down the line Zubkov has a health problem and can't complete his term and in steps Mr Putin.