and which one have the best conditions

None, only debet cards.

nista
07-11-2011, 13:55
I'm sure there is some, and citibank is one of them! but I want other options

SV1973a
07-11-2011, 13:57

Are you sure you are talking about a CREDIT card ?
All banks can give you a debet card, as a foreigner, but credit ? I don`t think so, not even at Citibank.

DavidB
07-11-2011, 14:19
HSBC also offered credit to foreigners while they were still operating a retail branch in Russia. However, I'm not sure if it was written in from the Russian entity or from somewhere else - maybe it was only an option for their international "Premier" clients.

Most banks don't give credit to foreigners full-stop. The only way around it is to co-sign with a citizen or permanent resident. Eg. with UniCredit, they offer car finance without any proof of income if you make a downpayment for 40% of the bank value of the car. But if you don't have permanent residence (ВНЖ), they can't do it. One way around that is to sign together with your Russian girlfriend/wife/mistress/etc. :D

soprty
07-11-2011, 15:31
Raiffeisen does have credit cards which I had but I think you can only get them if your company (Russian entity) applies for it and co-signs.

Good luck

malta
10-11-2011, 00:57
by a brief serach on the internet I found that Citi offers credit cards for foreigners. There is a special questionnaire where you choose between being a resident and a non-resident and subsequent questions depend on that.
http://www.citibank.ru/russia/html/rus/cr_cards_docs.htm

On Alfa's site at least there is a page on services for non-residents, you can ask directly in the bank if they issue credit cards.
http://www.alfabank.ru/retail/non-residents/

If at least one bank (being a Russian legal entity) does it, there is no reason why the others cannot do it, so you should visit / call them and ask...

Parco
10-11-2011, 14:20
More to the point ...would anyone actually want a CitiBank card? I never thought I'd write these words, but Sberbank is better - a lot better!

Suvannavira
11-11-2011, 20:18
None, only debet cards.

Raiffaisen told me today they only issue credit cards to residents, as opposed to debit cards for anyone.

BTW Does anyone know a bank where you don't need a notarised translation of your passport into Russian?

SV1973a
11-11-2011, 22:09
Raiffaisen told me today they only issue credit cards to residents, as opposed to debit cards for anyone.

Holy Grail - Killer Bunny - YouTube

At 1:16

BTW Does anyone know a bank where you don't need a notarised translation of your passport into Russian?

All banks require a notarised translation !
If you so badly need a credit card, why don`t you get one from your bank in your home country? You can use that card here as well.

Rhubard Geoff
11-11-2011, 22:43
Is it such a big deal to get a notarised translation of your passport? You'll need it in lots of situations here and it costs about 500rur a time.

MPhilip
12-11-2011, 20:21
Yeah , getting Credit in Moscow is a Uphill Struggle . Its Impossible unless You get it on a Russian Friend .

BrandonL
12-11-2011, 21:06
Are you sure you are talking about a CREDIT card ?
All banks can give you a debet card, as a foreigner, but credit ? I don`t think so, not even at Citibank.

No, I have a credit card in Russia, from a bank in Russia, and I'm on a work visa.

Yeah , getting Credit in Moscow is a Uphill Struggle . Its Impossible unless You get it on a Russian Friend .

Actually, it was quite easy, and took me only an hour or two.

BrandonL
12-11-2011, 21:07
All banks require a notarised translation !

Also, not true, my bank did not, actually, neither of my banks did.

martpark
12-11-2011, 21:24
Is it such a big deal to get a notarised translation of your passport? You'll need it in lots of situations here and it costs about 500rur a time.

My bank took mine, so it might mean 500rub every time one is needed.

SV1973a
12-11-2011, 21:49
No, I have a credit card in Russia, from a bank in Russia, and I'm on a work visa.

Actually, it was quite easy, and took me only an hour or two.

Interesting, what bank is that then? And how much credit did you get? What did you have to present as collateral?

BrandonL
13-11-2011, 08:02
Interesting, what bank is that then? And how much credit did you get? What did you have to present as collateral?

Credit Europe, it;s for 300,000, Zero collateral.

Benedikt
21-11-2011, 11:42

NO CREDIT CARD for foreigners, from NO Bank in Russia. So I asked her, if i had a credit card back home, closed my account there and transferred everything to Moscow, still no credit card, only debit cards.If i have a million $ :rolleyes:on my account, still NO credit card. Because I am a foreigner,no go, credit cards are being issued only to Russian Citizens..:yikes:

BrandonL
21-11-2011, 12:37
NO CREDIT CARD for foreigners, from NO Bank in Russia. So I asked her, if i had a credit card back home, closed my account there and transferred everything to Moscow, still no credit card, only debit cards.If i have a million $ :rolleyes:on my account, still NO credit card. Because I am a foreigner,no go, credit cards are being issued only to Russian Citizens..:yikes:

Credit Europe gives credit cards

inorcist
21-11-2011, 12:57
To my knowledge, but I might be mistaken here, it's the same in Russia as in many other countries. Whether you get a credit card depends on your collateral and/or income. So, you either need cash or a statement by your employer confirming your salary.

When I opened my account with my bank here I was asked if I wanted a credit card. I said no, because back then I was only meant to be in Russia for a few months and didn't want to have additional hassle.

Then at a later stage when my account balance grew above a certain amount I received a nice letter in English(!) asking if I had changed my mind and now wanted a credit card.

I was recently thinking of getting one actually and went to my local branch to ask about the conditions. The fact that I was a foreigner didn't seem to matter. What prevented me from doing it was more the fact that the direct billing option was implemented in a really stupid way.

And, btw, this was posted in Russian before, here it's also in English:
https://www.citibank.ru/russia/html/eng/cr_cards_docs.htm

IGIT
21-11-2011, 17:39
I don't know of any bank that issue credit cards to foreigners. NONE is my guess.

Most banks will even ask for a notarized copy of your passport just to open an account.

Citibank DOES NOT issue credit cards to foreigners. That I know for sure.

BrandonL
21-11-2011, 17:45
I don't know of any bank that issue credit cards to foreigners. NONE is my guess.

Most banks will even ask for a notarized copy of your passport just to open an account.

Citibank DOES NOT issue credit cards to foreigners. That I know for sure.

I don't know how many times I have to say it

I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND I HAVE A RUSSIAN CREDIT CARD

IGIT
21-11-2011, 17:49
^^^ Could you please make the font bigger cos its hard to read. :gay::applause:

well, good for you. Can you share with us, what your limit is? did you have to provide some kind of collateral? are you on a work visa or do you like here permanently?

BrandonL
21-11-2011, 17:51
^^^ Could you please make the font bigger cos its hard to read. :gay::applause:

well, good for you. Can you share with us, what your limit is? did you have to provide some kind of collateral? are you on a work visa or do you like here permanently?

You know, if you READ the thread, you know, all of the posts, not just the OP, you'd have this information already.

FatAndy
21-11-2011, 19:49
I don't know how many times I have to say it

I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND I HAVE A RUSSIAN CREDIT CARD
...have you reached it by bribe? :D

moscowmail
21-11-2011, 19:56
I was recently offered a platinum debit card from Raiffeisen and they offered me up to 2 million rur credit on my account or a debit card with this facility, I declined, I hate using credit of any kind, never a lender nor a borrower be my grand pappee used to say

I have been with them for about 10 years so they have a good history to go on, but still, stay away from credit kids... it bites you back

However, 'Uncle Lens Cash Den' is prepared to offer favourable rates for personal loans of 10% per week, come and get it guys

moscowmail
21-11-2011, 21:16
BrandonL-
can a foreigner get a credit card in Russia?

I don't think Brando knows....

BrandonL
21-11-2011, 21:22
BrandonL-
can a foreigner get a credit card in Russia?

DIE!

ezik
21-11-2011, 23:13
I don't think Brando knows....

Yeah, well, OK. So let's help Brandon out and try to fix him a credit card. :D

ezik
21-11-2011, 23:15
In all seriousness, I got a Visa credit card at Sberbank without any trouble.
Maybe it is technically a debet card, I don't know. Didn't explore the limits of my account yet.

All it took was showing my passport, at the time TRP and registration.

nista
03-12-2011, 23:09
thank you all!!! I've been in Raiffaisen bank and they do give credit card to foreigners with a residence and work visa and they didn't ask me for a notarized translation of my passport (so far).