PDA

View Full Version : What is the most anyone has ever been paid for an English Lesson in Russia

LondonYvonne
30-10-2011, 02:12
Just wondering, what is the most anyone has ever been paid for an English Lesson in Russia?

(i)1 hour (private lesson)
(ii)1 hour (group lesson, any size)
(iii)one week (eg special course, governess etc)

robertmf
30-10-2011, 02:31
Just wondering, what is the most anyone has ever been paid for an English Lesson in Russia?

(i)1 hour (private lesson)
(ii)1 hour (group lesson, any size)
(iii)one week (eg special course, governess etc)

4 years in American Air Force. :farout:

BrandonL
30-10-2011, 12:08
I make 8000 for an hour and a half in khimki. private student.

LondonYvonne
30-10-2011, 13:50
I make 8000 for an hour and a half in khimki. private student.
What is that in USD or GBP?

And how often do you teach this person?

And how did you find him/her?

cheriedeperth
30-10-2011, 14:20
What is that in USD or GBP?

And how often do you teach this person?

And how did you find him/her?

I'm pretty sure he's talking roubles !!

LondonYvonne
30-10-2011, 14:42
ha ha

what is 8000 roubles in USD or GBP

BrandonL
30-10-2011, 14:55
ha ha

what is 8000 roubles in USD or GBP

Almost 300 Dollars

I teach him twice a week.

He was a former student from my company, when I left the company, he wanted me to keep teaching him...so he left the company too!

bob-b-d
30-10-2011, 17:34
Send him my way LOL

smchilds
31-10-2011, 23:25
8000 rub is WAY up there. You're not going to find such students on the Internet and they are hard to come by. There are some rich people in Moscow but people don't get rich by throwing their money away and most of them know that :P Finding super high-paying students requires networking mainly. Someone might be more willing to pay more if you're willing to commute outside of Moscow to the suburbs/dachas, but doing that really sucks actually and might not be worth it.

The most I've been paid was 2000rub/hour (so like $67). I think that an "upper middle-class" person in Moscow can pay about $90-100/90 minutes. You go around telling prospective students that you charge 8000rub/lesson and they will laugh/never talk to you again.

kazachka
06-12-2011, 12:54
There are students out there like Brandon's. I have some like that too and I now count my blessings that they are in Moscow and not a zillion km beyond MKAD. All of my high end students I have got via references and word of mouth from other students. I had one that needed a 2 month break to finish remont at home and asked me to take her friend in her place for that time (and to hold her slot). It turned into a win/win situation because I now have both students on different days. I will pick up the sister of another of my students in a couple weeks and since we are both here over the holidays, we may hang out and do a few lessons. She has been on my waiting list for ages, and I can finally take her because I'm officially independent. I have had most of my private students 3-4 years too. Some of mine left in 07-08 to work/live abroad and just referred me to their friends, coworkers, or relatives. They are also the kind of students who hate to miss a lesson and if they cancel ask to make it up usually by doing a double lesson next time.
Yes, my students pay me well, but in turn I also take a very individual approach to each one and do my best to provide them with a quality product.