PDA

View Full Version : Mk II english teacher Question

Clean32
10-09-2007, 18:13
As I didnít get much in the line of answers last time. (thanks to those who did)
What to do or how do you handle inappropriate approaches in and originating from the classroom ??

So far I have
Take there phone number and give it to a mate.
Tell them I am married etc. This doesnít work.
Tell them to F**K off, some times work but then you start getting TXT on how they miss etc

Ideally it would be best to knock it on the head quickly. I know I donít do anything to encourage this.
The women concerned are not dizzy teenagers, but tend to be in there 30s and are successful in there own right.

I have posted this in this folder so the moderators can keep it on track, this time.

Surok
10-09-2007, 18:36
Smack them upside the head

Now can Ghostly Presence and I get on with arranging that drink?

thva
21-09-2007, 11:27
maybe stick to teaching kids?
yeah, sometimes the girls get crushes on me, but since they are only kids, they never go beyond making eyes at me ...

more seriously, I wonder whether part of the problem (aside from maybe your personal magnetism ;-) is that you are in Yaroslavl rather than Moscow, so maybe you get more attention -
Russian girls/women looking for English-native boyfriends/husbands here in Moscow have many more of us to choose from, and there are many more places that they can seek us rather than trying to pick up their English teachers

but since you probably aren't planning to move to a new city, maybe the best I can suggest is just the simplest - tell them that this is not appropriate and that if they have other intentions they will need to leave the class -of course this only works if you have plenty of students to spare -
and while for those whose priority is learning English this might keep them in line, for others of course you run the risk of them saying "okay, I'll leave the cl**** so then you can date me, right?"

I guess your life is pretty tough, huh, if your biggest problem is how to deal with too many girls chasing you :-)

Bels
22-09-2007, 21:21
To be honest with you clean32, I thought your thread was more appropriate in the cafe, and not the teachers folder. I think what you are talking about can happen in any profession.

I was in the Merchant Navy many years back and the most popular destination was New Zealand on a Blue Star ship. Now there is a place where you have lots of women giving you attention. They came in there 100s onto the ship and I must admit with all us single guys I found it most appropriate.

In fact New Zealand is the easiest place in the world to get female attention.

natalia_apple
24-09-2007, 02:32
As I didnít get much in the line of answers last time. (thanks to those who did)
What to do or how do you handle inappropriate approaches in and originating from the classroom ??

So far I have
Take there phone number and give it to a mate.
Tell them I am married etc. This doesnít work.
Tell them to F**K off, some times work but then you start getting TXT on how they miss etc

Ideally it would be best to knock it on the head quickly. I know I donít do anything to encourage this.
The women concerned are not dizzy teenagers, but tend to be in there 30s and are successful in there own right.

I have posted this in this folder so the moderators can keep it on track, this time.

wake up and stop making up stories