PDA

View Full Version : is it mandatory to have a russian bank account to work in Russia?

kassandra
21-10-2011, 12:50
Can anybody tell me for sure is it mandatory to have a russian bank account to work in Russia?

NLD
21-10-2011, 19:59
Well, most companies open a bank account for you, and then transfer your salary there. You usually don't have to open one yourself.

Benedikt
21-10-2011, 21:06
Can anybody tell me for sure is it mandatory to have a russian bank account to work in Russia?

as long as you get paid in cash.
but if your company prefers not to handle cash money they might open an account for you and you might not have much say which bank it will be.
the only thing that you can then do, have the salary transfered from their bank to your bank.

BUT if you are -not working- and want to apply for temporary/permanent residence you must show that you can support yourself. AND THAT IS ABOUT 12 monthly minimum salaries in the bank. some 90 000 rubles if i am not mistaken. and you get a print out on that.you add it to all your other documents when applying for TRP and further on permanent residence.

ilya25
22-10-2011, 04:46

based on current requirements of local labor and currency control legislation i'd say yes
a) you need to have a local employment contract and be paid in russian rubles
b) all settlements with foreigners should be conducted via bank transfers

yakspeare
22-10-2011, 06:03
You absolutely need a Russian bank account to be legal.

Shooters
22-10-2011, 09:19
I would say NO. A few of our employees, Russians, have no bank account. We pay their salaries in cash, it is legal. Some foreigners I know also have no Russian bank account, they receive their payment in cash, this is legal. One of them working as an individual entrepreneur even has no bank account, he receives payments in cash and gives receipts (sometimes...), then pays taxes on this income and never had any problems.

yakspeare
22-10-2011, 09:27
Doesn't matter what people do...Russian labour law says foreigners are required to be paid into a russian bank account and it must be in roubles.

Rhubard Geoff
22-10-2011, 12:12
Maybe the law has changed but 5 years ago I was working for a UK company and had my salary paid into a UK bank account in .

I've also worked in Ukraine for a German company and had Euros paid to my UK account then converted to

I think it all depends on which company and how it is legally structured.