PDA

View Full Version : How to fight SAD?

Krolick
19-10-2011, 17:51
It comes every autumn and falls onto my head as s brick - seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

One of my friends says I need more colors. I bought oranges, apples, funny cap with stripes, honey and new dress. Nothing changed. Still feeling blue.

Any effective measures to survive this depression?
(excluding alcohol, drugs and smoking))

robertmf
19-10-2011, 18:02
It comes every autumn and falls onto my head as s brick - seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

One of my friends says I need more colors. I bought oranges, apples, funny cap with stripes, honey and new dress. Nothing changed. Still feeling blue.

Do the womens' cure - Go Shopping :mml:

Else, try turning on all the lights when you get up in the morning. I'm surprised. Typically, the SAD occurs in the depths of Winter aka "Cabin fever".

Krolick
19-10-2011, 19:37
Do the womens' cure - Go Shopping :mml:

Else, try turning on all the lights when you get up in the morning. I'm surprised. Typically, the SAD occurs in the depths of Winter aka "Cabin fever".

If I turn all the lights in the morning it will be - "ohh what a f88k" and I will be SAD plus angry.
Shopping is an idea but I can't do it every day for an obvious reason.

Krolick
19-10-2011, 19:37
Spend time with your favorite bartender.

Ok, as soon as I choose which donut to bring.

robertmf
19-10-2011, 19:49
If I turn all the lights in the morning it will be - "ohh what a f88k" and I will be SAD plus angry.
Shopping is an idea but I can't do it every day for an obvious reason.

Ask to use your boyfriend's credit cards :mml:

Seasonal affective disorder is a syndrome of annually recurrent depression in late fall and winter. In addition to typical depressive symptoms of dysphoric mood, fatigue, and anxiety, it is marked by atypical symptoms of hypersomnia and increased appetite (especially for carbohydrates) with weight gain. Remissions occur spontaneously in spring and summer, with some patients becoming hypomanic. Population surveys indicate increased prevalence with distance from the equator, and widespread subsyndromal occurrence of the symptoms.

Are you getting chubby | пухлая :question: :jester:

Light therapy for SAD (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2679625)

Seasonal Affective Disorder
A Description of the Syndrome and Preliminary Findings With Light Therapy

Norman E. Rosenthal, MD; David A. Sack, MD; J. Christian Gillin, MD; Alfred J. Lewy, MD, PhD; Frederick K. Goodwin, MD; Yolande Davenport, MSW; Peter S. Mueller, MD; David A. Newsome, MD; Thomas A. Wehr, MD
Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1984;41(1):72-80.

Abstract

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a syndrome characterized by recurrent depressions that occur annually at the same time each year. We describe 29 patients with SAD; most of them had a bipolar affective disorder, especially bipolar II, and their depressions were generally characterized by hypersomnia, overeating, and carbohydrate craving and seemed to respond to changes in climate and latitude. Sleep recordings in nine depressed patients confirmed the presence of hypersomnia and showed increased sleep latency and reduced slow-wave (delta) sleep. Preliminary studies in 11 patients suggest that extending the photoperiod with bright artificial light has an antidepressant effect.

http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/41/1/72

robertmf
19-10-2011, 20:15
Ok, as soon as I choose which donut to bring.

Is there Krispy Kreme in Moscow :question:

Krolick
19-10-2011, 20:21
Ask to use your boyfriend's credit cards

I use only my credit card. That's my principle.

Are you getting chubby | пухлая :question: :jester:

I want chocolate all the time. And I eat it from time to time but no, I am not gaining weight. Yet.

robertmf
19-10-2011, 20:38
I use only my credit card. That's my principle.

Russian peasant proverb says, "без угрызений совести".

I want chocolate all the time. And I eat it from time to time but no, I am not gaining weight. Yet.[/QUOTE]

:fudd: Keeps your eyes open for a Cru Sauvage bar of chocolate :)
http://www.felchlin.com/index_de.php?TPL=25000&x25000_ID=204

NotMe
19-10-2011, 21:09

One of my friends says I need more colors.

It looks like he tries to avoid responsibility. :D Ask him to be more precise ;)
No omissions, dissolving views or empty promises.

Or it was she? :p

Krolick
19-10-2011, 21:25
It looks like he tries to avoid responsibility. :D Ask him to be more precise ;)
No omissions, dissolving views or empty promises.

Or it was she? :p

It was she and she is just my friend)
She said I need to surround myself with different colours.

And the one you meant by "he" said I need to cook more, use creative receipts and my imagination.... Well I always knew he is practical.

Krolick
19-10-2011, 21:29
I wish!!!!!!!!! I have to settle for Dunkin Donuts.
Eh. Better than nothing I guess.

Then the point "Visiting my favourite bartender" is crossed.
The only donuts that I have on my way to Booze is those in Perekrestok. I think for you they are not even donuts.

NotMe
19-10-2011, 21:46

Good girl!:agree:

And the one you meant by "he" said I need to cook more, use creative receipts and my imagination.... Well I always knew he is practical.

He looks very demanding...:suspect:

Hope he has a lot of evident and concealed advantages to compensate his overstated demands. ;)

robertmf
19-10-2011, 22:14

:whisper: He just wants free meal :)

:emote_popcorn: Try this kalaidoscope generator for colours of your own invention !-:)
http://www.zefrank.com/dtoy_vs_byokal/

robertmf
19-10-2011, 22:21
Good girl!:agree:

Hope he has a lot of evident and concealed advantages to compensate his overstated demands. ;)

**rolling eyeballs** ... and just же since when is "woman cooking for man" to be "overstated demands" :verymad:

To be happy, woman needs to be bare foot & pregnant + chained to the stove.

Maybe that is The Krolick's problem .................... :question:

:11629: ХАХАХАХАХХАХАХАХАХАХА ЛОЛ

Rexy
19-10-2011, 23:55

I understand you. But in my case it should be called DAD (daily affective disorder). Here are some things that help me:
-Share your feelings with someone (forum will work :D).
-Entertain yourself (meet with your friends in a pub or a restaurant, go with somebody to some new place e.g. planetarium or just to the cinema, theater, opera, ballet, park.)
-In general spend more time with your beloved person (make a warm drink and share it with your bf while lying under the blanket together and watching some weepy movie))))
-Listen to the inspiring music, start reading a humorous novel, do sports (it really helps).

I hope get rid of your SAD as soon as possible! =)

shurale
20-10-2011, 02:00

Get married quickly and have lots of sex.
Are you of marriageable age?

NotMe
20-10-2011, 08:34
[COLOR="DarkRed"]

That's exactly what some men think.:D

I believe this point of view is different from women's one. ;)

Benedikt
20-10-2011, 09:05
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/quartz+lamp

sorry it is a drawing only but could not find a picture of a real lamp on the quick. use it according to instructions.
take out EVERY 25 watt lightbulb at home and repalce them with strong bright lights.
if you are not allergic to or have other reasons not to do it, put brightly colored,-long living- flowers all over the place.
use light food, green salads, not the fat olivier and shuba, and lots of fresh fruits have bowls of it in the kitchen and dining room, the smell of apples also can add to the well feeling.
no depressing music, something light and chirpy,check out on you tube -ANDREI RIEU- load it down, save it and play it on the computer,while having breakfast.
throw out all that heavy deos and perfums, change to something light and -lemony\lime\ frangipani-
and you will feel better....

Krolick
20-10-2011, 09:24

Yes, he is demanding.
Yesterday I tried to cook beef which is a pure heroism for me. Felt nothing but impatience because it had to be cooked for ages.

Krolick
20-10-2011, 09:27
**rolling eyeballs** ... and just же since when is "woman cooking for man" to be "overstated demands" :verymad:

Maybe that is The Krolick's problem .................... :question:

:11629: ХАХАХАХАХХАХАХАХАХАХА ЛОЛ

Oh, you are a god damned captain obvious!
But no, this is not my problem.
If I was bare foot & pregnant + chained to the stove I would commit suicide.
Though thanks for a try!

Krolick
20-10-2011, 09:30
I understand you. But in my case it should be called DAD (daily affective disorder). Here are some things that help me:
-Share your feelings with someone (forum will work :D).
-Entertain yourself (meet with your friends in a pub or a restaurant, go with somebody to some new place e.g. planetarium or just to the cinema, theater, opera, ballet, park.)
-In general spend more time with your beloved person (make a warm drink and share it with your bf while lying under the blanket together and watching some weepy movie))))
-Listen to the inspiring music, start reading a humorous novel, do sports (it really helps).

I hope get rid of your SAD as soon as possible! =)

Thanks a lot, Rexy!
Actually all these things are on my list. Not every day but still.
Sport helps. Agree but only for a short while.

Krolick
20-10-2011, 09:32
Get married quickly and have lots of sex.
Are you of marriageable age?

I am in relations... with all that follows it)
Sex works only till the morning... and then a grey morning starts...

Krolick
20-10-2011, 09:38
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/quartz+lamp

sorry it is a drawing only but could not find a picture of a real lamp on the quick. use it according to instructions.
take out EVERY 25 watt lightbulb at home and repalce them with strong bright lights.
if you are not allergic to or have other reasons not to do it, put brightly colored,-long living- flowers all over the place.
use light food, green salads, not the fat olivier and shuba, and lots of fresh fruits have bowls of it in the kitchen and dining room, the smell of apples also can add to the well feeling.
no depressing music, something light and chirpy,check out on you tube -ANDREI RIEU- load it down, save it and play it on the computer,while having breakfast.
throw out all that heavy deos and perfums, change to something light and -lemony\lime\ frangipani-
and you will feel better....

Thank you! Much appreciated!
About the quartz lamp... You've got no idea how much I know about it as the company I work for is now promoting it and I am a copywriter so all information support is my duty))

At work I also breathe oxygen once in a while and use massage cover (a chair cover with a massage option). Recommend!

Inola
20-10-2011, 13:30

Then behaving like your nickname prototype should definitely be THE best cure of your SAD :D

On a serious note, listening to musique, singing and dancing helps me a lot. Also go for a walk in woods or a vast park - they are so colorful right now, real pleasure for the eyes:)

Krolick
20-10-2011, 14:01
Then behaving like your nickname prototype should definitely be THE best cure of your SAD :D

On a serious note, listening to musique, singing and dancing helps me a lot. Also go for a walk in woods or a vast park - they are so colorful right now, real pleasure for the eyes:)

Thanks, Inola.
Dancing and music are on the list but singing is not an option for me. When I sing, people start asking each other - who is torturing a kitten)

quincy
20-10-2011, 14:20
Thanks, Inola.
When I sing, people start asking each other - who is torturing a kitten)

you can take lessons - after that better to start singing at karoke clubs

BabyFirefly
20-10-2011, 15:18
I have it too, since it's my first ever autumn (and this winter will be my first too)... I've lived in the Caribbean most of my life. Vitamin D, and going out as much as I can when the weather's nice has really helped. I also play music (not depressing music of course) when I'm doing things around the flat, and have made a point of wearing colorful clothes. I've also bought some cheap art/posters and hung them about my flat (I live in a pretty rundown area, including my flat). I watch a funny TV show or movie every day.

Basically on weeks where I don't go out much or my only going out involves going to uni and then spending an an hour each way on the metro, it gets worse. It was so bad some weeks ago I would come home crying, and be crying for hours, every day.

Krolick
20-10-2011, 15:39
It was so bad some weeks ago I would come home crying, and be crying for hours, every day.

Understand. I also cry very often for no reason or for a reason I would never cry, normally.
Thank you, I'll try posters.

You know I noticed that soft toys also help, especially those that come with good memories, presents etc...
I brought my teddy-bear and soft rabbit to work))

Korotky Gennady
20-10-2011, 18:52
I am in relations... with all that follows it)

Oh... :D

ezik
20-10-2011, 19:57
Laugh. Laughing is healthy. Watch some Smack The Pony videos, for instance. Some playlists here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_playlists&search_query=smack+the+pony&uni=3

Watch while drinking strong tea and eating M&Ms (peanut version of course).

Krolick
20-10-2011, 22:23
Laugh. Laughing is healthy. Watch some Smack The Pony videos, for instance. Some playlists here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_playlists&search_query=smack+the+pony&uni=3

Watch while drinking strong tea and eating M&Ms (peanut version of course).

Smack The Pony rulez. The one about a perfect man is just... perfect)
And in my version black coffee and Fruitella made a contribution.
Thanks, Ezik!

yakspeare
21-10-2011, 00:04
It's a very SAD thread....

NotMe
21-10-2011, 00:24
Krolick, :)

Tomorrow when wake up, look around and be attentive.
Moscow is "a state inside a state" , but even here there are some people who have nothing to eat or no place to live.

People who have to share their accommodation with someone they hate, or torture them on everyday basis.

There are people who are fatally ill, or have serious health problems without having money for treatment.

There are some people who lost their dearest person yesterday or a few days ago and feel themselves dead now.

Something tells me that when you compare your morning with theirs, it will not seem grey to you any more and the tears on your cheeks will be tears of joy and happiness. ;)

Good morning, dear! :)

Krolick
21-10-2011, 09:33
Krolick, :)

Tomorrow when wake up, look around and be attentive.
Moscow is "a state inside a state" , but even here there are some people who have nothing to eat or no place to live.

People who have to share their accommodation with someone they hate, or torture them on everyday basis.

There are people who are fatally ill, or have serious health problems without having money for treatment.

There are some people who lost their dearest person yesterday or a few days ago and feel themselves dead now.

Something tells me that when you compare your morning with theirs, it will not seem grey to you any more and the tears on your cheeks will be tears of joy and happiness. ;)

Good morning, dear! :)

Good morning, NotMe!
You are right. There are always starving children and homeless old men... But thinking about people that have worse lives never inspire me.
But I got your point - value what you have.

NotMe
21-10-2011, 10:26
Good morning, NotMe!
You are right. There are always starving children and homeless old men... But thinking about people that have worse lives never inspire me.

I am also between people who set ambitious goals.;)

But one day God gives each of us a fillip on the nose to show to how happy we were before. :)

Parco
21-10-2011, 11:00

Take a holiday?
If not done already, join a fitness club with a swimming pool and sauna?
Improve/upgrade the lighting in your home?

Korotky Gennady
21-10-2011, 14:49
Take a holiday?
If not done already, join a fitness club with a swimming pool and sauna?
Improve/upgrade the lighting in your home?

- Change the sexual partner ? :question:

mrzuzzo
21-10-2011, 15:32

Yeah, I can give a few tips.

Never mind.... :(

mikegulf
21-10-2011, 16:22
That's exactly what some men think.:D

I believe this point of view is different from women's one. ;)

OK, maybe get rid of the chain, just stay barefoot tho....!!!!! lol

Krolick
21-10-2011, 23:34
Yeah, I can give a few tips.

Never mind.... :(

I really tried to make it without alcohol. Really.

It seems there is no other way ;)

And yes, it made me feel better... for a while.

robertmf
22-10-2011, 03:43

OlgaT tried to "make it" with alcohol ... and ended up going to Montreal :Loco:

U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - YouTube

Korotky Gennady
22-10-2011, 05:29

then drink more... it means that this way is yours.

:))))

Korotky Gennady
22-10-2011, 05:31
It wasn't the alcohol... :cool:

barman knows

Krolick
22-10-2011, 11:28
It wasn't the alcohol... :cool:

I got it, drtnsnw, your modesty button is switched off. By default))

Krolick
22-10-2011, 12:14
then drink more... it means that this way is yours.

:))))

If I drink every day, I will end up homeless, lonely and with a liver cancer.

But I think meeting friends more often is a really my way.

NotMe
22-10-2011, 12:42

Probably a glass of good red wine for everyday dinner will not hurt you?:)

There is no any information that life time of Italian and French people are shorter. ;)

And by the way, each of us can will end up homeless, lonely and with a liver cancer, even whose who don't drink spirits at all. :p

Krolick
23-10-2011, 12:56

I've got Russian deadlines (not Italian) at work :)
But I bought two bottles of wine anyway))

BTW, hand-made also helps. And cakes.

NotMe
23-10-2011, 15:10
I've got Russian deadlines (not Italian) at work :)
But I bought two bottles of wine anyway))

BTW, hand-made also helps. And cakes.

What about dark chocolate? :p

Please, don't even try any one that contains less than 72% cacao. Otherwise depression will follow you everywhere. ;)

As for me- good green tea (Japanese or Chinese), dark chocolate (Belgian or French is preferable) and a glass of red wine works perfectly even in autumn. :thumbsup:

Krolick
23-10-2011, 16:29
What about dark chocolate? :p

Please, don't even try any one that contains less than 72% cacao. Otherwise depression will follow you everywhere. ;)

As for me- good green tea (Japanese or Chinese), dark chocolate (Belgian or French is preferable) and a glass of red wine works perfectly even in autumn. :thumbsup:

The formula you have me matches so ideally with your avatar)))
Small elegant pleasures in a big grey city.

I came to the conclusion that communication, meeting friends more often, a little bit of beer or cider, lots of sweets and fruits, radio Monte Carlo whenever it is available, sport at least once a week, no black clothes, visiting my favourite bartender, making something like bracelets, watching funny videos - this is my formula.
But I am sure I am about to open something new any day)

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2011, 18:38

And by the way, each of us can will end up homeless, lonely and with a liver cancer, even whose who don't drink spirits at all. :p

Of course, no.

I always wonder why are adult men afraid of taking in a little wine ?... Is it what scaries them... is a fear of losing the self-control ?

robertmf
23-10-2011, 18:42
Of course, no.

I always wonder why are adult men afaid to taking in a little wine ?...

One small glass is not enough ... most men will finish the wine bottle and then :fudd: look for the :inlove: водки.

robertmf
23-10-2011, 18:44

Which reminds me to ask if anyone has seen our expat.ru member Willy recently :question:

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2011, 18:47
One small glass is not enough ... most men will finish the wine bottle and then :fudd: look for the :inlove: водки.

I don't think that russian Vodka is good for everyone. Early I drunk it but now its taste seems to feel too strong for me.

You know... a russian never dilutes vodka with water or juce (Coca-Cola).

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2011, 18:52
Which reminds me to ask if anyone has seen our expat.ru member Willy recently :question:

Yeah... Where is our homeless Willy now ?

robertmf
23-10-2011, 19:03
I don't think that russian Vodka is good for everyone. Early I drunk it but now its taste seems to feel too strong for me.

You know... a russian never dilutes vodka with water or juce (Coca-Cola).

Да - никогда не разбавлять водку. Это большой грех.

Try to drink something better than samogon :Loco:

Korotky Gennady
23-10-2011, 19:30
Да - никогда не разбавлять водку. Это большой грех.

Try to drink something better than samogon :Loco:

Hmmm... But the americans often dilute vodka and Whisky.

I grew up in the countrey but I never drunk samagon.

Though... Some people make samagon which is better than vodka.

It sounds maybe strange but it's true.

It's pity that Big Den has left expat.ru... For sure he knows much about that.

robertmf
23-10-2011, 19:58
Hmmm... But the americans often dilute vodka and Whisky.

Правильно - but those Americans are некультурних and do not know any better :(

самогон =~ moonshine
Moonshine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kassandra
23-10-2011, 21:20

I dont know anything better than to fall in love :)

mapko1981
24-10-2011, 01:55
I also suffer from SAD, and I highly recommend full-spectrum light bulbs. They are pricey, but worth it, just make sure to turn the light off at night, Ihave trouble sleeping if I the lamp I have dedicated to the bulb on for more than a few hours a day!

Krolick
24-10-2011, 09:24

Fully agree :)
But in my case it would make things much more complicated)

kassandra
24-10-2011, 11:27
Fully agree :)
But in my case it would make things much more complicated)

In some cases complicated means exciting :)

kassandra
24-10-2011, 11:33

Well, probably am wrong..
My sister just called me in tears. She found out that the guy she started to date is 10 years younger!
Poor old lady is depressed now, she was crying to me: see, darling, there are no men of our age left!! Disaster indeed! :)

FatAndy
24-10-2011, 11:35
She is right somehow... and decent men are being finished much earlier ;)

My sister just called me in tears. She found out that the guy she started to date is 10 years younger!
Poor old lady is depressed now, she was crying to me: see, darling, there are no men of our age left!! Disaster indeed! :)

mrzuzzo
24-10-2011, 12:53

I don't get it... how is that a bad thing?

kassandra
24-10-2011, 12:57
I don't get it... how is that a bad thing?

That s the point :)
She is supposed to be happy about her great young look :)
But she is very disappointed instead :)

NotMe
24-10-2011, 14:35

LOL! :D
If I were your sister, I would be proud of this fact! :p
Of course we keep in mind that the guy should be at least over 18 y.o. ;)

robertmf
24-10-2011, 14:53

:rofl: She is a "cougar" :D

vradunsky
24-10-2011, 16:08
I'm not sure any of the offered advice helps me (I mean def not lights and donoughts) but.....I find that I definitely need to distract myself with projects, events, people etc - or else I sink very far, deep and fast into the Blues, Greys and Bitter Blacks....

This is a yearly battle and I truly feel for you..
If you find the cure - PLEASE do share:)))

vradunsky
24-10-2011, 16:10
Shoot - sorry, Think I posted on the wrong forum window....

Krolick
24-10-2011, 19:18
This is a yearly battle and I truly feel for you..
If you find the cure - PLEASE do share:)))

I am 100% sure that the cure is individual. Someone is happy when the lights are brights, as for me it irritates me... Someone is depressed by sunsets and I LOVE them being inspired... so I think it is better to try everything to find your own receipt.

Krolick
24-10-2011, 20:58
A Russian woman is never truly happy unless she is miserable.

BS.

robertmf
24-10-2011, 21:32
Originally Posted by drtnsnw

BS.

PhD What is the title topic of this thread and who started it :question:

MS =~ More S
PhD =~ (S) Piled higher and Deeper.

:jester:

L'oiseau bleu
24-10-2011, 22:06
MBA - moderate but arrogant:)

Korotky Gennady
25-10-2011, 00:56

You know... The histories of all russian families (except one) whose lifes I knew... ended awfullly.

Krolick
25-10-2011, 09:26
You know... The histories of all russian families (except one) whose lifes I knew... ended awfullly.

You are only one man on the very big planet... You don't know all families)
Families and miserable women is not the topic of this thread...
We are fighting SAD here. Do you ever suffer from it?

kassandra
25-10-2011, 09:34

ALL the families you know ENDED? Wow! You and your friends really look like great bunch of people to me :)

Btw you may count me as another exeption. My marriage to a russian man ended unbelievably absurdly but funny in a way

Melle Faitunblog
25-10-2011, 09:40

Are you SAD? have a bowl of borsch :)

http://theinternationalpotatoe.wordpress.com/2011/10/24/are-you-sad-have-a-bowl-of-borsch/

FatAndy
25-10-2011, 12:22
One important component is missed. 1-2-3 shots of vodka (50-150 ml). ;)

Korotky Gennady
25-10-2011, 12:25
1) ALL the families you know ENDED? Wow! You and your friends really look like great bunch of people to me :)

2) Btw you may count me as another exeption. My marriage to a russian man ended unbelievably absurdly but funny in a way

1) I didn't say "all families except one"... I said "all families whose histories I knew (except one happy). :)))

In fact my grandmother and grandfather had happy strong family as many people of their generation did... but almost all families of my russian schoolmates and university friends broke down.

2) This fact only proves what I said above. :)))) :ok:

As your russian family's life ended "unbelievably absurdly", your marriage goes into my list too...

Most of the marriages of contemporary russians are doomed from the start.

... By the way one shouldn't be a prophet to predict that russian marriage of our Willy will break into pieces too...

Korotky Gennady
25-10-2011, 13:02
We are fighting SAD here. Do you ever suffer from it?

I'm not sure that your question is a serious one.

If you're serious then how can you describe it ? What does this "sad" mean ?

How much is intensiveness of your depression ? Is it slight or hard depression ? Is it depression which expresses itself in the form of thoughts for suicite ?

In the last case you need a fast psychiatric treatment of course.... If not.. then you should visit a good psychologist or psychoanalyst...

I don't trust them but I believe in psychoanalysis.

LondonYvonne
25-10-2011, 13:24

Have you looked into Light Boxes?

http://www.betterlifehealthcare.com/products.php?catID=39&subID=222&gclid=CMnfqYnBg6wCFYob4QodERRlKQ

I heard they are quite effective

Otherwise......emigrate?

kassandra
25-10-2011, 13:53
1) I didn't say "all families except one"... I said "all families whose histories I knew (except one happy). :)))

In fact my grandmother and grandfather had happy strong family as many people of their generation did... but almost all families of my russian schoolmates and university friends broke down.

2) This fact only proves what I said above. :)))) :ok:

As your russian family's life ended "unbelievably absurdly", your marriage goes into my list too...

Most of the marriages of contemporary russians are doomed from the start.

... By the way one shouldn't be a prophet to predict that russian marriage of our Willy will break into pieces too...

Come on! It s not about the marriage it s about relationship. And my exhusband and I are great friends, I see him almost every day and we go out together at least once a month. Definately not awful end :) although we are not a couple any more...

robertmf
25-10-2011, 15:44
... My marriage to a russian man ended unbelievably absurdly but funny in a way

Может быть this is a new thread for you :question: "How my marriage ended" :question:

"Fairy tale time" :question: "All's well that ends well" :question: "A man|woman walks into a marriage ..." :question:

:nut:

BabyFirefly
25-10-2011, 15:55
I forgot to add.... do you like gardening? I grow some plants and it's just very fulfilling to see them grow and so on. Granted I hated gardening back in the US for some reason.

Krolick
25-10-2011, 20:51
I'm not sure that your question is a serious one.

If you're serious then how can you describe it ? What does this "sad" mean ?

How much is intensiveness of your depression ? Is it slight or hard depression ? Is it depression which expresses itself in the form of thoughts for suicite ?

In the last case you need a fast psychiatric treatment of course.... If not.. then you should visit a good psychologist or psychoanalyst...

I don't trust them but I believe in psychoanalysis.

I don't believe in doctors. Anymore.

Krolick
25-10-2011, 20:53
I forgot to add.... do you like gardening? I grow some plants and it's just very fulfilling to see them grow and so on. Granted I hated gardening back in the US for some reason.

I have a plan at home. And yes, it is a pleasure to watch it and see it grow.
But I don't like gardening in general.