PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Home Ed Toshiba?

Lost American
09-09-2007, 20:56
Hey Guys, I need a little help finding a version of XP for Toshiba. I have my own code for official, I just need the disk! Anyone have a disk I can borrow?
:lovepot:Windows XP Home Edition Toshiba:lovepot:

09-09-2007, 21:49
What has XP special for Toshiba? Or do you need rather the Toshiba installation disk that includes XP (For a notebook maybe)?

Lost American
09-09-2007, 22:50
!!

09-09-2007, 23:31
Can you tell me the exact model of notebook?

Lost American
10-09-2007, 22:42
:coffee:

10-09-2007, 23:35
Satellite 15? I think there are more references.

Anyway I had something else, but not for the 15.

You should visit the support center downloads, they have lots of software, maybe you can find the original installation file. If not, for sure they have all the drivers, so you can reinstall your notebook like this. It will take more time, but will work at the end!

Toshiba Support - Model Selector (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp?)

SalTheReturn
11-09-2007, 00:26
contacted myself the toshiba centre in moscow some time ago (i have a satellite too) their prices are ridicolously high so high that it was cheaper to have stuff shipped all the way from italy
good luck

Lost American
11-09-2007, 18:22
I probably went to the same service center! What a rip!!!
Now, read carefully!
I need [SIZE="5"]Windows XP Home Edition Toshiba!
I have serial numbers for this only! The drivers you can download, I have!
Please does anybody have this official disk?

Judge
11-09-2007, 23:18
The Toshiba i got off this site comes with XP Pro,i was given a cd that says XP PRO RUS.
If it's any good , let me know.

TD
12-09-2007, 01:35
The Toshiba i got off this site comes with XP Pro

trust me, that one isn't what he is after... <rant> it pretty much has to be the official Toshiba disk that came with his particular model laptop - wouldn't surprise me if it had to be one of a certain batch of that particular laptop made on a particular day during a particular shift... </rant>

i have MANY times tried to install licensed versions of XP on a multitude of laptops and desktops that HAD valid serial numbers stuck to either the bottom (laptops) or to the side or back (desktops) I have a small collection of official copies of XP - service pack 1, service pack 2, home edition, pro, english, russian, etc.. I have yet to have a single success in making a valid serial number work with an official disc (other than the original one that came with the serial number) - so I understand why you are after that SPECIFIC DISK since chances are that is the only one which will work. this is one of those incredibly frustrating things about Microsoft - in my opinion if I have a valid serial number for XP, it should work with any official installation disk period... why should they force people to go out and spend another $200? in any case, my philosophy is that if you HAVE a license (sticker on the computer) and you install a "trial" or other unlicensed version of the same system and someone ever questions it, the two should cancel each other out :-)

JohnnyLomo
12-09-2007, 12:23
My girlfriend has a couple of Toshiba satellites with original Install disk so I may be able to help.
Would need exact model number though as experience tells me they only read the disk designated for the correct model.
Not at home now, but pretty sure this number can be usually found on the base of the laptop...

Lost American
13-09-2007, 01:49
Is this one of the disks you have?

Torky
15-09-2007, 04:27
i've re-installed for many notebooks using my own setup disk.. its winxp pro sp2... and mostly it works fine.. accepts any valid serial number.. maybe OEM serial numbers are locked onto their installation disks or something. bad idea, microsoft.. anyway

JohnnyLomo
15-09-2007, 10:13
Is this one of the disks you have?

Will check today as have the time now it is weekend.

i've re-installed for many notebooks using my own setup disk.. its winxp pro sp2... and mostly it works fine.. accepts any valid serial number.. maybe OEM serial numbers are locked onto their installation disks or something. bad idea, microsoft.. anyway

It is true you can do this but often you loose some of the the functionality of the notebook.
Toshiba, in fact, often bundle their own software to handle WiFi and Bluetooth amongst other things and using their disk makes handling setup far far easier.

One last question for Lost American, do you speak Russian as both these disks will be the Russian language version of XP

Lost American
16-09-2007, 22:13
No I don't. And you are right about losing functions. This is way I am searching for this particular Disk, in English. :{

Torky
20-09-2007, 16:42
then i guess unles