PDA

View Full Version : translations and notary

Ed Itor
17-09-2011, 08:38
Hi, I understand that I need a notarized translation of some documents to open an account. My question is: who is allowed to do the translation? A work colleague is a qualified translator and could do this for me, or does it have to be a specified translator?
Thanks

ilya25
18-09-2011, 00:06
Hi, I understand that I need a notarized translation of some documents to open an account. My question is: who is allowed to do the translation? A work colleague is a qualified translator and could do this for me, or does it have to be a specified translator?
Thanks

Contact notary office they will advise you the names of translators - translators should be registered with notary

Benedikt
18-09-2011, 09:13
Thanks

or have connection to 'their' translators. that is after all how money is being made. check around the METRO exist, there people with clapboards are advertising services of translators and notaries. and of course basically near every metro you find ads for the above mentioned services.
if you find nothing, just go to the Old/New Arbat. Every 5 meters they try to press a piece of paper with an address into your hand.

martpark
18-09-2011, 10:51
Language Link at M Novoslobodskaya does both.

Or you can do a search on expat and get more options.

Ed Itor
18-09-2011, 12:30
I'll check with a local notary. I have a qualified translator available, just need to know if he is allowed to do the translation or if the notary will only accept translation by a specific individual.