PDA

View Full Version : Please, help me)))

onsona
11-09-2011, 00:04
Please, help me)))
I am the historian of art and I work in a museum. It is necessary for me to speak in English freely, but I don't have enough money for the professional tutor. May be someone can meet with me one or two once a week and talk about interesting things. I can promise you not only the interesting interlocutor but free tickets to one of the famous museums of Moscow. I'm sorry if my request is naive. But I need to improve my language skills for work on the American project urgently. And it is very hard for me to speak English because I'm not sure of myself.

I will be grateful if somebody respond me.
Olgahttp://www.expat.ru/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

AndreyS
11-09-2011, 13:12
You can come the bar I work in any night and chat with me me for the price of a drink or two
Pete, you could chat with her for free, she looks like a nice and interesting person. A bit shy though.

AndreyS
11-09-2011, 15:14
the "soprty special"
What's that, btw?

Once I was in a bar and saw their bartender grab a microphone from a singer and sing! He really brought the house down!
Let alone chatting with people.

AndreyS
11-09-2011, 15:21
Cola with crushed ice and limes.
Sounds yummy!

Shelle
11-09-2011, 23:22
Hi there!

I'm a professional teacher who started doing English lessons over Skype for some students for a starting rate of $8.50 an hour (first 2 months) If that is something that might interest you please let me know as I would love to help out!
Take Care!

Shelley

AndreyS
11-09-2011, 23:30
Hi there!

I'm a professional teacher who started doing English lessons over Skype for some students for a starting rate of $8.50 an hour (first 2 months) If that is something that might interest you please let me know as I would love to help out!
Take Care!

Shelley
You didnt say how to touch base with you.

Shelle
12-09-2011, 02:22
Oh right right. You can email me at PLEASE USE PM - admin

ezik
12-09-2011, 09:33
That's gonna get edited... :coffee:

Yes. :coffee:

AndreyS
12-09-2011, 23:34
Oh right right. You can email me at PLEASE USE PM - admin
Arent you somehow related to our member smchilds?
(your e-mail address made me think of it)

soprty
13-09-2011, 01:05
Yeah, but it is a bar and it is my job to sell drinks. But she could have tea, juice or even the "soprty special"

And get this...Booze has free all lime!!!!!!:10220:

alouette
13-09-2011, 22:41
She's posted before and apparently had no replies or not satisfactory ones :(.
No help whatsoever? Only mocking?

alouette
13-09-2011, 22:59
I offered to help

'chat with me me for the price of a drink or two'
What a great offer :))

alouette
13-09-2011, 23:02
So very generous

Tamory
22-09-2011, 16:46
I could help you in learning Russian. I live in metro Riverport. But we could meet in a cafe there after work.
I'm a professional Teacher with a great experience and with a BA in Philology with 2 specializations: Russian for Foreigners and Russian Language + Literature.
I've been teaching Russian for four years in Moscow and I use English as an intermediary language.
I give Russian for everyday speaking and Business Russian
I can teach at home or away children, teens and adults.
For each of my students, I develop and employ teaching methods that are geared towards his or her wishes and goals.
I have a flexible schedule, weekend work is possible.
Reasonable price.
Please contact me if interested.
Pls contact via PM

xSnoofovich
22-09-2011, 21:56
I live in metro Riverport.

crazy. i guess u are talking about rechnoi vokszal?

it always sounds funny to me to hear the metro names translated.

justbe
22-09-2011, 22:37
crazy. i guess u are talking about rechnoi vokszal?

it always sounds funny to me to hear the metro names translated.

I would say, it is a bad sign, when the individual names are translated.

AndreyS
22-09-2011, 22:40
I would say, it is a bad sign, when the individual names are translated.
You mean, it brings a sense of foreboding? ;-)

AndreyS
23-09-2011, 13:29
I offered to help
Oh no, Drtsnw. You offered a pot of tea. ;-)

AndreyS
23-09-2011, 18:32
And conversation with me and the English Speaking guests who come here. But obviously, in alouette's mind, it is more glamorous to spend thousands of rubles on a class for one hour than 150 rubles on a pot of tea and stay for up to 6 hours...
Yes, I catch. Buying a pot of tea makes one a client you have to talk to as part of your job, and your bosses won't say a word even if the client is sipping his wretched tea for 6 hours.

alouette
24-09-2011, 16:11
alouette is right. So from now on, all my Russian customers who come in to have a drink and practice their conversational English will only be allowed to speak to the other (Russian) bartender.

Happy now alouette?

WHAAT?
Have you really considered me coming to a bar for practising my English?? :groan:

AndreyS
24-09-2011, 16:50
As mean spirited and bitter as you are, I hope you would not. But there are ALOT of nice Russians who do.
Pete, she can come and buy a huge pot of tea, just out of spite. Better be nice to her. ;-)

mds45
26-09-2011, 20:15
If I come to your bar I would only like to drink English served by an English bartender , anything else just won't do..

mds45
26-09-2011, 20:36
It's true I can't deny I like a big tea ))) but I would I would appreciate a little effort on the accent!

mds45
26-09-2011, 20:49
Don't mind if I do, and thanks for the effort !!

mds45
26-09-2011, 20:56
A little less Mary Poppins please!