PDA

View Full Version : MENRAD frames for prescription glasses

Benedikt
09-09-2011, 17:21
anyone knows a shop/optician who stocks the frames.
lensmaster will not order them, several shops that i contacted also not interested. lenses are still good, just happened the frame gave up.
new glasses are not a good option the lenses were not cheap and i just need a new frame.
contacted also MENRAD on internet, but maybe someone HERE knows something in the meantime. bough the frames in Lipetsk, so going back there is no option...

FatAndy
09-09-2011, 20:22
Genossa,
http://www.lensday.ru/e-store/frame/section.php?SECTION_ID=479

Benedikt
10-09-2011, 07:54
tx andy for the quick reply. i also got an answer from the company itself the same day, actually after an hour, they are on top of it indeed. and i was told, that even the same frame, the lenses would not fit. sounds strange to me. like, you need new tires on your car but have to buy a new car because the tires will not fit.
so i would need a MOSCOW shop that stocks the frames and go there to have a look. it is actually that situation. the part that holds the lenses as such is not broken. the part that sits over ears (-BŁgel-), the plastic is cracked and broken. sounds like cheap and shoddy workman's ship. maybe i can buy somewhere these two pieces and get on with live...

FatAndy
10-09-2011, 09:21
Maybe you can go to nearest "metalloremont' and ask them if they can glue or fix that Buegel? Sometimes they do not only metals...
Or, having superglue (or dichloroethane, or tetrahydrofuran) you can try to do it yourself?
Here is optics shops network in Moscow, called Ochkarik, nearest shops to Strogino are at m. Mitino and m. Molodezhnaya, maybe you can contact them and they have reparation facilities? Or can offer you to make glasses with another frame using your lenses (some plastic frames can be thermoformed to accept existing lenses)?

http://www.ochkarik.ru/ochkarik/smi/read/1/48 - repair offices mentioned on their site, found via afisha.ru

Benedikt
10-09-2011, 10:46
the metal parts of the frame, that fits over the ears, are covered with plastic to give it a -soft- fit and hold on the ears. and it is this plastic that is coming off, actually it is just crumbling. Chinese must have done an even lousier cheap job.
but i will also follow your second link. my lenses are expensive,still usable and i just see no need to get new glasses just because a part of the frame is worn out.

FatAndy
10-09-2011, 11:02
This second link is from Ochkarik press reviews, and mentions not only them as service, but other independent repair shops. This article is from afisha.ru but I was unable to find it on their site.
So maybe it's better to contact closest Ochkarik or other optics shop and somehow deal about possible Buegel repair or whole frame change while keeping lenses.
http://www.ochkarik.ru/salons/30/ - place mouse pointer over Mitino or Molodezhnaya and get address of the shop to visit, or call to their call center.

http://www.ochkarik.ru/specialoffers/read/1/3/ - maybe this is exactly what you need - they offer restoring of broken or lost glasses on individual service... probably costly - call the number in the text.

Though... if you don'tt take a GREAT care about exterior of that Buegel, then possibly pulling thermo-squeeze plastic tube over the damaged part and heating it with hairdryer can somehow help to fix it. These tubes are available at building materials markets where they sell wires and power cords (maybe in Mitino radiomarket too).
They look like:
http://www.elec.ru/_thumb/800x600/files/2010/12/25/offer/3715-TUT-izpolio0.jpg

Benedikt
12-09-2011, 12:46
as a last resort to my problem, i went to the 'optika' magazine around the corner. the master there heated up the cracked plastic parts of the frames end, pulled them off, slipped a new pair onto the metal frame.
time:2 minutes
cost:100 rubles
price of new glasses, as one shop told me, since NO one will repair my damaged frame, 22.000 rubles (Zeiss chameleon lenses...)

the shop is on the premises of the hospital nr6 in Shchukino, entry from Shchukinskaya street 7 ...might be worthwhile to remember that place.
Tramstop and Busstop, 'childrens polyclinic'
tram 10,15,23,28
bus 277 638 640 137

this is ONE stop from Metro Shchukinskaya towards Strogino.

FatAndy
12-09-2011, 14:13
Congratulations, Chef! :thumbsup:
Professionalism, straight hands and some money... it would be nice to solve all of problems in the world by such way...

Should I close the thread as everything is resolved?

If smbdy's Russian is weak, 'childrens polyclinic' sounds like Detskaya poliklinika.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Benedikt
12-09-2011, 14:19
Congratulations, Chef! :thumbsup:
Professionalism, straight hands and some money... it would be nice to solve all of problems in the world by such way...

Should I close the thread as everything is resolved?

If smbdy's Russian is weak, 'childrens polyclinic' sounds like Detskaya poliklinika.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

problem solved,and as usual, 'shop' around in your are before looking far away....

FatAndy
12-09-2011, 14:20
Closed and moved to Frugal expat.