PDA

View Full Version : Working in Paveletskaya

Peb
01-09-2011, 04:33
Hi all,

I begin life in Moscow this Saturday, working in Paveletskaya. I am planning on finding an apartment close by the office, to avoid having to battle the underground twice daily. My question is... how far away do people recommend looking, so I can stroll in even when winter strikes? 10-15 min? Depends on how tough you are?

I don't really have an idea what it can get like. I spent some time in Canada where it got pretty damn cold but I've never had to make a daily routine of traveling about in sub zero.

Also, would be interested if people generally agreed with this approach - to live close to office and to metro to meet friends/go places etc. Or whether it's better to live someplace that has it all, and metro to work.

Thanks in advance!

AndrewUSA
01-09-2011, 15:18
Hey! I work and live @ Paveletskaya. Will you be working in the riverside towers area?

I, too, am an expat who can probably help you out. Please see my PM in your inbox.

AK

AndrewUSA
01-09-2011, 15:29
I would also like to answer some of your questions here...so that future searches could receive some information:

I begin life in Moscow this Saturday, working in Paveletskaya.

YOU ARE LUCKY TO WORK AND LIVE AROUND HERE! I REALLY LIKE THIS AREA FOR A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT REASONS.

I am planning on finding an apartment close by the office, to avoid having to battle the underground twice daily. My question is... how far away do people recommend looking, so I can stroll in even when winter strikes? 10-15 min? Depends on how tough you are?

YES, ACTUALLY DOES DEPEND. I HAVE A 12 MINUTE - DOOR TO DOOR - COMMUTE. I COULD DEAL WITH 12-17 BUT THATS ABOUT MAX! ALSO, IT DPEENDS ON WHICH SIDE OF THE STREET YOU WALK, HOW OFTEN YOU NEED TO CROSS THE STREET, AND HOW MANY BUMS YOU HAVE TO PASS ON THE WAY :)

I don't really have an idea what it can get like. I spent some time in Canada where it got pretty damn cold but I've never had to make a daily routine of traveling about in sub zero.

YOU WILL BE FINE, BRO. WEAR SOME TIGHTS UNDER YOUR JEANS/SLACKS AND A T SHIRT UNDER YOUR SHIRT. GLOVES AND MAYBE SOMETHING TO COVER YOUR EARS OR NECK...DEPENDS. I DEAL WITH THE COLD WAYYY BETTER THAN THE HEAT...AND IM FROM CALIFORNIA!

Also, would be interested if people generally agreed with this approach - to live close to office and to metro to meet friends/go places etc. Or whether it's better to live someplace that has it all, and metro to work.

I THOUGHT OF THE SAME. WORKING @ PAVELETSKAYA BUT WAS ABLE TO RENT ANYWHERE IN THE CENTER...KITAY GOROD, CHIST. PRUDY, TVERSKAYA, ETC ETC ETC...I DECIDED TO NOT LIVE IN ONE OF THOSE "LAVISH" AREAS BUT TO LIVE CLOSE TO WORK AND AVOID METRO...AND IT WAS A GREAT IDEA! IF I HAD TO TAKE METRO EVERY MORNING AND EVERY EVENING, I WOULD BE MISERABLE!!!!! NO OFFENSE EVERYONE ELSE.

Perlovka
02-09-2011, 17:39
Hi guys,
I am working near Paveletskaya as well. if you fancy lunch together let me know.
Cheers,

Melle Faitunblog
02-09-2011, 23:58
Hi guys,
I am working near Paveletskaya as well. if you fancy lunch together let me know.
Cheers,

Does everybody work in the Avrora building? cos it sounds a bit like it :)

Perlovka
03-09-2011, 07:53
Does everybody work in the Avrora building? cos it sounds a bit like it :)

I do :irule:

Sandybax
21-05-2012, 20:05
Kofemania, Mechta, Carreas, Pomodoro, Boyarsky Dvor? I miss all those places :)

FatAndy
21-05-2012, 20:17
Necromancy ;) Closed!