PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Shooters place Wednesday for the free beer AND BUFFET AND CHAMPAGNE thing?

Shooters
28-08-2011, 08:49
It's from 7-9, who's going?

BTW I am happy that some places copy Shooters by offering free beers :), but will it be enough to stop their fall in Moscow bars, after years and years of presence?

Since we opened, Shooters offers not only free beer, but also free champagne, free juices (apple and orange), free water of course AND FREE buffet with various pastries. (YES, our free buffet is back in September after an August break!)

And of course, Shooters still offers 20% off on ALL the menu (food and drinks) for all the expat.ru card holders. If YOU haven't this card yet, a distribution will be done at Shooters Bar (again!) on Saturday 3rd September, during the "Country, Chili and Tequila" party! Live music, HOT HOT Tequila girls and spicy (or not :)) chili!

So, better to prefer the original rather than the copy :) Don't make any error and chose the ORIGINAL: Shooters at Novoslobodskaya :)

yakspeare
28-08-2011, 09:50
I heard some bars are offering free flights from krasnodar too on top of all the rest....let me know when shooters match that! ;)

TolkoRaz
28-08-2011, 10:06
Have you seen how much yakspeare and FatAndy eat? ;)

yakspeare
28-08-2011, 10:12
well we have eaten together too...i think i out ate him

FatAndy
28-08-2011, 10:15
I think it was balanced... and don't forget - I was in the city since morning with a couple clients visits and had time to eat something for lunch, but you probably worked all day long as a slave on galeras in the school. ;)

well we have eaten together too...i think i out ate him

yakspeare
28-08-2011, 10:21
Yeah but have you eaten a corner burger yet?

TolkoRaz
28-08-2011, 10:33
I heard that FatAndy ate the whole corner! ;)

Shooters
28-08-2011, 10:50
I heard some bars are offering free flights from krasnodar too on top of all the rest....let me know when shooters match that! ;)

Well, we offer $5000 cash to the winner of our Talents Contest, so just show us your talent and win :) For $5000 you can then book any flight or quite :)

http://talent.shootersbar.ru

yakspeare
28-08-2011, 11:46
when is that on? I am the karaoke king!

FatAndy
28-08-2011, 14:48
No. Next time when you'll visit Moscow, ok? ;)

Yeah but have you eaten a corner burger yet?

NotMe
28-08-2011, 15:35
when is that on? I am the karaoke king!

Nobody beats me in karaoke! :p

Shooters
28-08-2011, 17:10
Nobody beats me in karaoke! :p

Ok guys, so register on shootersbar.ru :)

FatAndy
28-08-2011, 17:38
It's imperialstic lie and provocation, I don't eat burgers by ideological reasons.
But I have nothing againist all those components separately ;)

I heard that FatAndy ate the whole corner! ;)

leo1
28-08-2011, 19:38
Hi everyone,

how come it is free? :) I am new in moscow and would like to come and check the bar out. Could you tell me what the nearest metro station is?

thanks!

moscowmail
28-08-2011, 20:01
Hi everyone,

how come it is free? :) I am new in moscow and would like to come and check the bar out. Could you tell me what the nearest metro station is?

thanks!

Mendeleevskaya Metro directions on www.shootersbar.ru

Every Wednesday 7 to 9 PM free shooters beer and champagne, in our 12th week of these Wed nights

Shooters
28-08-2011, 21:13
Mendeleevskaya Metro directions on www.shootersbar.ru

Every Wednesday 7 to 9 PM free shooters beer and champagne, in our 12th week of these Wed nights

And again from this next Wednesday, free buffet, I arranged the details with our Chef!

Well, it is hot currently at Shooters with Dynamo / CSKA guys...:)

Judge
28-08-2011, 21:34
BTW I am happy that some places copy Shooters by offering free beers
Just out of curiosity,what are the names of these other places?

Judge
28-08-2011, 21:41
I just read Brandon's thread, but you did say ''some places'' ,is there more than 1?
It would be good if bars didn't do these free beer nights on the same night..
Imagine that boys and girls...All free, free beer in the evenings,everyday of the week in different bars in Moscow...:11158::11158:

Shooters
28-08-2011, 22:28
I just read Brandon's thread, but you did say ''some places'' ,is there more than 1?
It would be good if bars didn't do these free beer nights on the same night..
Imagine that boys and girls...All free, free beer in the evenings,everyday of the week in different bars in Moscow...:11158::11158:

Well I didn't want to name the places, but as I am asked... "Some places", one is Papa's that copies the free beers, other is Chesterfields that offered free champ and beer, another one (forgot the name, not that expat popular) organized a french event with free beer for guys and champ for girls, the exact same schema than the Shooters french nights :)

As Shooters was the first, we won't change our day for the business parties (also called "expat parties" by some of our regulars Guests), but Papa's is free to change it ahah!

BTW both Chesterfield and Papa's are managed (at least for events) by Don Craig, I would be happy he gets good ORIGINAL ideas so Shooters could copy him, for one time :neiner:

Jean

Judge
28-08-2011, 22:52
Well I didn't want to name the places, but as I am asked... "Some places", one is Papa's that copies the free beers, other is Chesterfields that offered free champ and beer, another one (forgot the name, not that expat popular) organized a french event with free beer for guys and champ for girls, the exact same schema than the Shooters french nights :)
Thanks for naming the other places, the names would have popped up sooner than later.

As Shooters was the first, we won't change our day for the business parties (also called "expat parties" by some of our regulars Guests), but Papa's is free to change it ahah!
True, no need to change the day.. Wednesdays I work just around the corner from Shooters,so it suits be fine.

BTW both Chesterfield and Papa's are managed (at least for events) by Don Craig, I would be happy he gets good ORIGINAL ideas so Shooters could copy him, for one time :neiner:
Many places copy each other, it's part of the game.The ' networking party ' event isn't a Shooters original idea, Papa's have been doing this for awhile now.

Shooters
28-08-2011, 23:52
True, no need to change the day.. Wednesdays I work just around the corner from Shooters,so it suits be fine.

Hey, so see you on Wednesday :)

Many places copy each other, it's part of the game.The ' networking party ' event isn't a Shooters original idea, Papa's have been doing this for awhile now.

Yes they are here since a while but never offered free beer for those "networking parties" on a regular basis, as far as I know :)

And yes competition is the game, we are not afraid of competition, and if we meet I will explain you why :) There is one reason that makes that we will win :)

Judge
29-08-2011, 00:12
Hey, so see you on Wednesday :)

Yes they are here since a while but never offered free beer for those "networking parties" on a regular basis, as far as I know :)

And yes competition is the game, we are not afraid of competition, and if we meet I will explain you why :) There is one reason that makes that we will win :)

Healthy competition is a good thing....More places offering free beer promotions is good for us beer drinking customers...
Shooters started the free beers,now Papas have jumped onto it and added an extra hour,which is a good thing because some people finish late.Finishing later means more people hanging around.

xSnoofovich
29-08-2011, 09:54

Jean

Didn't you/Moscow Mail kick him off of Redtape because he was spamming the boards, promoting his parties?

And then he he had some problems promoting his parties here on expat as well?

moscowmail
29-08-2011, 09:55
Healthy competition is a good thing....More places offering free beer promotions is good for us beer drinking customers...
Shooters started the free beers,now Papas have jumped onto it and added an extra hour,which is a good thing because some people finish late.Finishing later means more people hanging around.

I totally agree, and I am happy more bars are doing this, why? Well you the client benefit, as a partner in Shooters maybe I should be against, but nope, the market is big enough for all the bars, the main thing will to keep the quality high and the events REGULAR, I think this is a key, we made a decision when we opened to recreate the old expat nights and decided we needed to make it attractive, so free beer and champers seemed to work, every week, not just occasionally

We are planning lots more as Jean has mentioned, the talent show I think is going to be huge, think of the X factor but local, lots of different talents will audition everyThursday evening for a couple of hours, we will film them all, and some will probably make YouTube, one in particular I can't wait to see, a gentlemen eating eals... Whole.. Yuck, we have some amazingly talented people who will be starting in the auctions, $5,000 is the top prize, it is going to be a great event to watch as well and will run over several steps tot the grand final in December

xSnoofovich
29-08-2011, 10:04
BTW both Chesterfield and Papa's are managed (at least for events) by Don Craig, I would be happy he gets good ORIGINAL ideas so Shooters could copy him, for one time

Jean

we made a decision when we opened to recreate the old expat nights

So, you decided to copy the idea from Poppas/Don's idea or not?

Judge
29-08-2011, 10:12
And then he he had some problems promoting his parties here on expat as well?

Never heard of a problem,to my knowledge Don is more than welcome to promote his events in the local section part of this forum.

leo1
29-08-2011, 10:53
cool!! il be there!! :)

TolkoRaz
29-08-2011, 11:04
I totally agree, and I am happy more bars are doing this, why? Well you the client benefit, as a partner in Shooters maybe I should be against, but nope, the market is big enough for all the bars, the main thing will to keep the quality high and the events REGULAR, I think this is a key, we made a decision when we opened to recreate the old expat nights and decided we needed to make it attractive, so free beer and champers seemed to work, every week, not just occasionally

We are planning lots more as Jean has mentioned, the talent show I think is going to be huge, think of the X factor but local, lots of different talents will audition everyThursday evening for a couple of hours, we will film them all, and some will probably make YouTube, one in particular I can't wait to see, a gentlemen eating eals... Whole.. Yuck, we have some amazingly talented people who will be starting in the auctions, $5,000 is the top prize, it is going to be a great event to watch as well and will run over several steps tot the grand final in December

A very clever way of providing free entertainment if done in the bar. ;)

I was watching a TV episode of Lock, Stock & 2 Smokin' Barrels last night - there were 6 made before the film was released. The boys were auditioning erotic dancers in their pub. The manager went mad when he found out saying that he was not going to have erotic dancers in his pub. The wide boys all sat there in row drinking beer watching the girls run through their erotic routines replied, "Yeah we know that, but the girls don't know! :D

The best entertainment is always free! :coffee:

BrandonL
29-08-2011, 11:06

Yup, I agree, Shooters was the first place to do it, and not taking anything away from them at all!

Only reason I posted the Papa's thing was, a few of my friends are going, and they asked me to see if anyone from expat.ru is going.
I said most of them go to shooters as they usually do.
but I said I would post and ask.

Shooters
29-08-2011, 11:15
So, you decided to copy the idea from Poppas/Don's idea or not?

When I arrived in Moscow 15+ years ago the expat nights began to be organized at "Chesterfield" at KURSKAYA, run by Doug and Marty. They had the original idea that a few copied years after, when expats became tired to be harassed by the crowd of whores at Chesterfield. Chesterfield is currently "Hot Dogs", after having been "Doug and Marty", then "Boar House". Various names, but same crowd of whores, LOL.

At Shooters at first we did not organize "Expat nights", but some kinds of meetings for professionals can meet around a glass (or many glasses :)).
Some of our regular Wednesdays' guests themselves called it "expat night" after some time.

So, why not? :)

Swordfish90293
29-08-2011, 14:11
Whatever these guys are doing, they have the formula. We were there Saturday evening and there were waaaaaay too many beautiful women to make sense of it all...while the service and food leaves considerable to be desired...

Shooters
29-08-2011, 18:29
Yes we had technical problems on Saturday evening that made people wait more than the usual to get their food. Sorry for this, this should not happen any more!

moscowmail
29-08-2011, 19:19
Whatever these guys are doing, they have the formula. We were there Saturday evening and there were waaaaaay too many beautiful women to make sense of it all...while the service and food leaves considerable to be desired...

Yup, partly my fault, actually, mainly my fault

Saturdays have been quiet through the last couple of months, but after the Stramash we had an after party for Ricky Ross and the Gospel Choir (both rocked) and of course we had quite a lot of people turn up, we only had one chef working, 1 barman and 2 waitresses, as I said, Sat nights has been very quiet

But, now September is almost upon us, we have increased the staffing levels to cater

I am sorry for any delays on Saturday night and I hope it wont happen again, I did dish out loads of free drinks to a lot of people, if i missed you, again, I apologize

This coming Sat night will be awesome and we will have lots of staff on :)

Len

leo1
31-08-2011, 16:10
looking forward to tonights free beer, how much is the entrance fee?

Shooters
31-08-2011, 17:05
looking forward to tonights free beer, how much is the entrance fee?

Entrance fee is 0.00 rub (Or $0.00)

Korotky Gennady
31-08-2011, 22:25
BTW I am happy that some places copy Shooters by offering free beers :), but will it be enough to stop their fall in Moscow bars, after years and years of presence?

Since we opened, Shooters offers not only free beer, but also free champagne, free juices (apple and orange), free water of course AND FREE buffet with various pastries. (YES, our free buffet is back in September after an August break!)

:) You should add to it free cigarettes and free gf's also.

Periwinkle
31-08-2011, 22:38

Jean

I thought the original Expat Wednesdays thingy was the Boar House and then it followed to Papa Johns....
There were freebies, I think at the original Weds mixer (Russki Chamagne/beer?) and then Papa Johns did a free buffet on Weds nights..

Shooters
01-09-2011, 00:13
I thought the original Expat Wednesdays thingy was the Boar House and then it followed to Papa Johns....
There were freebies, I think at the original Weds mixer (Russki Chamagne/beer?) and then Papa Johns did a free buffet on Weds nights..

Yes Boar House, but if I am right the name was then "Chesterfields" and the parties were on Wednesdays.

Papa's did them after, as in fact many others. The point is that both those 2 bars are old timers, and maybe people need some fresh air? :) BTW Hot Dog is again about to change name, and will be run by [xxx] who also runs at least partiallt papa's and Chesterfield on Arbat. In those 3, I guess the first to close will be... Chesterfield. Papa's should survive as it is a well known place, and new Hotdogs will of course survive, having 100 whores every day is a guarantee of success in Moscow expat world :)

Shooters is smaller, and sadly we do not invite whores to fill the place and attract "clients" :) Our choice :)

Periwinkle
01-09-2011, 10:43
It's from 7-9, who's going?

And of course, Shooters still offers 20% off on ALL the menu (food and drinks) for all the expat.ru card holders. If YOU haven't this card yet, a distribution will be done at Shooters Bar (again!) on Saturday 3rd September, during the "Country, Chili and Tequila" party! Live music, HOT HOT Tequila girls and spicy (or not :)) chili!

So, better to prefer the original rather than the copy :) Don't make any error and chose the ORIGINAL: Shooters at Novoslobodskaya :)

My post was in response to this. I see you agree it has been done before:) Nothing wrong with that - just was saying.
And yes, I know they all had their 'expat nights' with freebies on Weds (I mentioned that), which I why I decided to reply in terms of your bragging you were the 'original'.

Runaway
01-09-2011, 18:07
Jean,

maybe you should rephrase that. I had a party for the two year Birthday for my website MOSCOW INTERACTS, so we treated my members to a night of Free Beers. as far as oiginal ideas my friend you haven't had an original idea yet. Doug and I have been doing this business for years and there isn't much we haven't done in the way of promotions. Chesterfields has never done a free beer party, I don't need to I have the place rocking without it Papa's is the same.

I am a friend of Len's and I wish him luck, you on the other hand need to be very careful when you make references to me. Think about andI strongly suggest you delete the tag.

Jean

moscowmail
02-09-2011, 08:03
Jean,

maybe you should rephrase that. I had a party for the two year Birthday for my website MOSCOW INTERACTS, so we treated my members to a night of Free Beers. as far as oiginal ideas my friend you haven't had an original idea yet. Doug and I have been doing this business for years and there isn't much we haven't done in the way of promotions. Chesterfields has never done a free beer party, I don't need to I have the place rocking without it Papa's is the same.

I am a friend of Len's and I wish him luck, you on the other hand need to be very careful when you make references to me. Think about andI strongly suggest you delete the tag.

Dude, I don't think any harm was meant to you matey, everyone knows you are a great promoter and have been doing it a long time, I think the comment was more tongue in cheek :)

To be fair, if you get the service right at Chesters, I am sure the place will Rock like Papas matey, but as we know, it is so hard to get the right staff, and even harder to keep them

Original ideas are hard to come by, why re-invent the wheel

leo1
07-09-2011, 15:02
is it on again tonight?

bob
07-09-2011, 16:42
Is there any password for entry tonight ? Already have an expat.ru card.

moscowmail
07-09-2011, 19:44
Is there any password for entry tonight ? Already have an expat.ru card.

Password is Len