PDA

View Full Version : 6 - 0!!!

thewanderer
01-09-2007, 20:34
As a Liverpool fan, I must admit that I've become a little bit of a pessimist after years of "next year will be different." However, I'm starting, just starting, mind you, to have the tiniest bit of an idea that this year really might be special. With United struggling the way they have so far (and I'm writing this ahead of their game today with the full expectation that they'll win), I think that we might have a shot at the league and maybe a cup or two also. Chelsea will be tough, and I'm sure that Man U will be in there by the end of the year, but I think Liverpool has a decent shot this year. :thumbsup:

That was a fantastic game today. Just the sort of game that last year, we would have struggled to put away as they packed more and more players behind the ball and we searched in vain for that bit of quality to go ahead. This time, we put the ball in the net at will. Admittedly, they gave up after the third goal, but I still think this game says volumes about how far the Reds have come.

What does everyone else think? Will we finish 10 points out again after failing to put away chances against lesser teams? Or will this be the year Liverpool wins the league?

Batsneedfriends
01-09-2007, 20:54
The League? The Double, surely?

Len Ganley Stance
01-09-2007, 21:23
The Quadrouple at least.

Plus England will definitely win Euro 2008. You heard it here first.

Judge
02-09-2007, 00:35
I feel a little bit dizzy,sitting so high up in the league.

Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts

1 Liverpool 4 3 1 0 11 2 9 10 10 :respect::respect::respect:

Class act by Liverpool today,key players out and we put together our biggest win so far.

Pennant is reborn, great play and for me man of the match.
Alonso,what can be said about this player,gets some stick and comes up with the goods.

Torres ,no comment...he is our missing link.
I've said for many years,to win the league we need to buy cl****and this guy is class.

Hyypia,::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Len Ganley Stance
02-09-2007, 11:09
Judge,

It's the first time in 5 years that you've been in 'nosebleed territory'.

Enjoy it while it lasts - which will be until Chelsea and even Man City win today.

Judge
02-09-2007, 11:34
Judge,

It's the first time in 5 years that you've been in 'nosebleed territory'.

Enjoy it while it lasts - which will be until Chelsea and even Man City win today.
I know,that's why i'm enjoying it.

Judge
02-09-2007, 12:48
Many goals from yesterdays games can be seen here..

njoy...

101 Great Goals - latest fooball videos and international soccer goals from the Premier League, Champions League, La liga, Serie A, World Cup, UEFA Cup & more (http://www.101greatgoals.com/)

Judge
02-09-2007, 20:58
Judge,

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jl74
02-09-2007, 22:22
CHELSEA LOSE!!!:hooray::hooray::hooray:

LIVERPOOL TOP??? :eh::eh::eh:

UNITED PLAYING LIKE SH*T!!!:bird:

Who cares! 9 times Premiership Champs... and Saha's back.. thank GOD!:sunny:

Judge
02-09-2007, 23:58
CHELSEA LOSE!!!:hooray::hooray::hooray:

LIVERPOOL TOP??? :eh::eh::eh:

UNITED PLAYING LIKE SH*T!!!:bird:

Who cares! 9 times Premiership Champs... and Saha's back.. thank GOD!:sunny:

I wouldn't say UTD are playing sh*t,they have a few players out and still dominate the teams they play.

Len Ganley Stance
03-09-2007, 08:49
I wouldn't say UTD are playing sh*t,they have a few players out and still dominate the teams they play.

We'll be alright once we can find our shooting boots. All we need is another 32 points and we should be safe.

Judge
03-09-2007, 11:13
We'll be alright once we can find our shooting boots. All we need is another 32 points and we should be safe.

Or when you have your main players back, i read that Giggs is also out .

Len Ganley Stance
03-09-2007, 11:46
Giggs picked up a slight hamstring strain in training on Friday. Nothing to worry about and will be fit for the away trip to Everton. Ronaldo will be back from suspension and the Associated Press are reporting that Rooney could be back for that game. That seems highly unlikely I'd say.

We've got a good record against Everton at Goodison but they're always tough games. The way we're playing, I'd be happy with a draw.

Judge
03-09-2007, 12:01
Giggs picked up a slight hamstring strain in training on Friday. Nothing to worry about and will be fit for the away trip to Everton. Ronaldo will be back from suspension and the Associated Press are reporting that Rooney could be back for that game. That seems highly unlikely I'd say.

We've got a good record against Everton at Goodison but they're always tough games. The way we're playing, I'd be happy with a draw.

A draw would suit me, both teams dropping points.
It was good to see Chelsea drop points,the arse are doing well,didn't expect them to start this good.
The prem league looks promising,many teams bought well and for once it might be bewteen 4/5 teams for the league.

Len Ganley Stance
03-09-2007, 12:20
A few teams have made a good start to the season but I believe that when things settle down that it will be down to the four usual suspects.

I wouldn't read too much into Chelsea losing at Villa Park, Jose does not have a good record against them and they should have had a penalty yesterday, which probably would have changed the game. Villa's second goal was scored very late in the game when Chelsea were pushing players up looking for an equalizer. Chelsea had 20 goal attempts and 13 corners yesterday and on aonther day, something would have gone in for them.

Liverpool have made a good start and despite you and kste's protestations about the fixture list / early kick offs etc, you have an opportunity to pick up points over the next few games (Portsmouth / Birmingham and Wigan). Tottenham could be a test for you after those three games.

United play Chelsea after our visit to Everton. Chelsea play Blackburn next game then United and Arsenal play Tottenham next and follow that by playing Derby.

Judge
03-09-2007, 13:09
Len it's all about having the winning mentality,you should know this, Fergie knows it and this is what makes UTD stand out in the league,no draws mate,your team can't afford to drop more points.

9 points is expected from our next 3 games,Portsmouth will be tough but a touch of class from :bowdown:Torres:bowdown: should see us through.

Fixtures so far have been fair but it's the early kick offs, that's another discussion for another day,we can't complain about it,best keep our heads down and keep winning..
UTD's next two games will be interesting,a few sending offs will suit me..:verycool:

Len Ganley Stance
03-09-2007, 14:32
Len it's all about having the winning mentality,you should know this, Fergie knows it and this is what makes UTD stand out in the league,no draws mate,your team can't afford to drop more points.

9 points is expected from our next 3 games,Portsmouth will be tough but a touch of class from :bowdown:Torres:bowdown: should see us through.

Fixtures so far have been fair but it's the early kick offs, that's another discussion for another day,we can't complain about it,best keep our heads down and keep winning..
UTD's next two games will be interesting,a few sending offs will suit me..:verycool:

Judge,

Calm down....calm down.

United have played 5 games and are 2 points behind Liverpool who have played one game less.

We lost the Manchester derby, but you know what derby games are like. I'm sure that you don't need me to remind you of how many points Everton took off you last season.

We also dropped points at home to Reading which was disappointing and away to Portsmouth, which is always a difficult fixture.

United do have the winning mentality but at the moment we cannot put away the multitude of chances we are creating. The situation is not helped by having Rooney out injured / Ronaldo suspended / Saha 'He's Made Of Glass' coming back (again) from injury / Solkesjaer retiring through injury and Tevez settling into the team and up to half time on Saturday, playing as a lone front man, which he clearly isn't. When we get players back we will rediscover our goalscoring touch and some team or other will be in for a right old fashioned pasting.

They're not excuses by the way, they are Facts Of Life, the same as that United WILL drop more points this season - as every other team - Liverpool included - will.

All the season so far has told me is the following -

1) Martin Jol is 'deadman walking'
2) It will be difficult for teams to win 'fairly' at Villa Park.
3) Sven is a good club manager.
4) Arsenal's draw at Blackburn Rovers WAS a good result.
5) Sammy Lee is totally out of his depth as a Manager.
6) Newcastle will be better defensively under 'Big Sam'.
7) Cesc Fabergas is the best midfielder in the Premier League.
8) Sunderland cannot rely on Roy Keane's charisma alone.
9) When Mike Dean is reffing a game, you're guaranteed lots of Yellows and the occasional Red card. So far this season: - 4 matches : 24 yellows + 3 reds
10) Derby County will be relegated, possibly with a record low points tally.

Judge
03-09-2007, 19:04
1) Martin Jol is 'deadman walking'
2) It will be difficult for teams to win 'fairly' at Villa Park.
3) Sven is a good club manager.
4) Arsenal's draw at Blackburn Rovers WAS a good result.
5) Sammy Lee is totally out of his depth as a Manager.
6) Newcastle will be better defensively under 'Big Sam'.
7) Cesc Fabergas is the best midfielder in the Premier League.
8) Sunderland cannot rely on Roy Keane's charisma alone.
9) When Mike Dean is reffing a game, you're guaranteed lots of Yellows and the occasional Red card. So far this season: - 4 matches : 24 yellows + 3 reds
10) Derby County will be relegated, possibly with a record low points tally.

1, Agree.
2, Liverpool did ok,no problems there
3,We all know that,that's why he got the England job.
4,Lost points is still lost points.
5,Give him time,Sammy will come good.
6,Agree.
7,I wouldn't swap him for Mascherano .
8,Agree.
9,well spotted.
10,Agree.