PDA

View Full Version : How to get in Russia?

Boko
31-08-2007, 23:01
Hi to everybody! I'm new here, so I hope you will be kind :)
My friend and I are living in Holland but thinking to move to Russia.Just we don't know from where to begin. Can smb tell me first steps we have to do to obtain to my friend Russian Citezenship? I'm originally Russian but living in Holland for 4 years and my friend is Dutch.I still have my Russian passport if it helps to get him residence (?) We are not married just living together. If smb can help us I would appreciate it.
Thank you

Bels
31-08-2007, 23:12
First question. Do you still have residential address in Russia? Family for example?

31-08-2007, 23:26
If you have a Russian passport, you ARE Russian, living 4 years abroad didn't make you lose your Russian citizenship.

Your friend "just living with you" has no more rights than your neighbour!

Scottish01
31-08-2007, 23:32
HI there

I am sure (99%) that if you are not married then your friend has no chance of getting russian citizenship.

The rules often change in Russia and I hope I am wrong. Maybe some other member knows more about this matter than me !!

If it's possible you might consider visiting the Russian Embassy in Holland. I am sure they will give you the up-to-date information.:nerd:

Good Luck !:wavey:

Boko
31-08-2007, 23:34
Yes I still have all rights in Russia, appartment where I register and family. Now we want to build our live together in Russia but I don't know how to help my friend/boyfriend in to Russia. Where we should start, should he first find a job or/and come first to Russia?

Clean32
01-09-2007, 00:02
easy
this is what you do
send your mum to the local OVIR to get waht the local requirements are.
you mum also get an invitation for your BF to come and say in russia say for 1 month.
in holland he get from his goverment a certificate of no impedament to marrage, and a police report to say hes a good boy. both documents must be apposled, do the translation in russia.

ok you come to russia for your holiday. get documents translated, GET MARRIED. then apply at the ovir for a Temp res Visa. have a nice time with family, then go back to holland.

6-9 months latter when his temp res visa is ready to be picked up. Mum sends another invitation, you get another visa, come to russia get his TEMP res, go look for a job.

start teaching him russian NOW.

thats very simple, but thats how i would do it, based on the limited information you have given.

ezik
01-09-2007, 01:17
easy
this is what you do
send your mum to the local OVIR to get waht the local requirements are.
you mum also get an invitation for your BF to come and say in russia say for 1 month.
in holland he get from his goverment a certificate of no impedament to marrage, and a police report to say hes a good boy. both documents must be apposled, do the translation in russia.

ok you come to russia for your holiday. get documents translated, GET MARRIED. then apply at the ovir for a Temp res Visa. have a nice time with family, then go back to holland.

6-9 months latter when his temp res visa is ready to be picked up. Mum sends another invitation, you get another visa, come to russia get his TEMP res, go look for a job.

start teaching him russian NOW.

thats very simple, but thats how i would do it, based on the limited information you have given.

Having been in the BF position myself (from the same country), I can only fully agree here.

Still on a business visa, though, as my employer is so damn convenient with that...

Boko
01-09-2007, 21:27
Clean32 and egik is that nessesary to obtain all the time temporary visa's and get married?! The idea was to come back to Russia and get him permanent residence. We are travelling quite often back to Russia but he always get's there by turist invitation.He speaks Russian quite a bit. Anyway thanx for reply!

Clean32
01-09-2007, 23:36
well you can do a bussness visa, good for 6 months,
but why not do Temp Res, after 3 years or less if you start a family then you can apply for a permanit res

Boko
01-09-2007, 23:45
Now I'm totally confused... What kind of documents exactly he needs for temporary residence? Should he be in Russia personally for applying for it or it can be done from Holland?and still don't get the questions of marriage.. if we are not married it means he has no rights to stay in Russia?Sorry for lot's of questions, I still remember the mess to get my self in Holland:)

Clean32
02-09-2007, 01:12
as i posted before send your mum to the Local OVIR office, LOL russia things change.

yes you can do temp rez in holland, but i bet thay will not want to do it

Bels
02-09-2007, 10:56
You be both need to come to Russia first on a personal invitation lasting three months at a time. But if you keep coming backwards and forth try the Business multi entry visa. Before you arrive and to make it easier for yourself go to your police and get a police check, and then get it apostilled or legalised. Make sure you have your birth certificate and have that apostilled also. When applying it's best you are married although possible for your friend to apply without a Russian wife it's much more difficult.

With your documents go to OVIR and apply with your documents. That's just for starters. Check up the other threads on this site in regards to visas, temporary and permanent and you will have a better understanding. You are Russian right? Did you honestly expect it to be easy?

Boko
02-09-2007, 11:59
Bels.. thanx for the explanation.. no I din't expect an easy way, I thought the procedure would be clear, with all the posts I think I understand how to act. Thanx!