PDA

View Full Version : ZAGS 4 Requirements

mattology
25-07-2011, 07:41
Hi everyone,

My Russian fiancé and I went to ZAGS to enquire about the documents needed.

They told us that I need the following:

- passport translation, notarized
- impediment certificate, translated And notarized, with apostille
- registration in Russia
- registration in Germany (currently clarifying that as I'm registered with the embassy in Moscow and not in Germany), probably notarized with apostille.

They did not ask for a birth certificate and now I'm a bit puzzled if that's needed. It would be quite difficult for me to get that, so I'd be happy if it's not needed. Any other Germans who were not asked for it?

Did I forgot anything?

DavidB
25-07-2011, 08:01
Registration in Germany?? What do they need that for? What if your country doesn't have any kind of registration system?

Birth certificate shouldn't be needed because it's irrelevant. They only need your current name from your passport. The Certificate of No Impediment already covers your legal right to marriage based on your current name and any previous ones.

kapione
25-07-2011, 09:27
I needed to prove I am not married , had to get a document at my Embassy , then translated and notarized

it is easier to get married in Russia than setting up a bank account
even easier for divorce
any questions PM me

mattology
25-07-2011, 10:59
The document, which proves that I'm not married, I will get this week in Germany (the German embassy does not issue this, you have to get it at the last place of registration in Germany before you moved to Russia). Also will get the Apostille then.

Seems like then I have all documents at hand. Thought it would be worse.

Thanks a lot ;)

FatAndy
25-07-2011, 11:03
Yes, they have registration system in Germany - office is called Einwohnermeldeamt and located in ratusha or city administration. As far as I remember birth certificate (and notary translation) is needed for children, if you include them in ZAGS documents.

Registration in Germany?? What do they need that for? What if your country doesn't have any kind of registration system?

Birth certificate shouldn't be needed because it's irrelevant. They only need your current name from your passport. The Certificate of No Impediment already covers your legal right to marriage based on your current name and any previous ones.

FatAndy
25-07-2011, 11:04
Congratulations, Genosse! ;)

The document, which proves that I'm not married, I will get this week in Germany (the German embassy does not issue this, you have to get it at the last place of registration in Germany before you moved to Russia). Also will get the Apostille then.

Seems like then I have all documents at hand. Thought it would be worse.

Thanks a lot ;)

DavidB
25-07-2011, 11:17
Yes, they have registration system in Germany - office is called Einwohnermeldeamt and located in ratusha or city administration. As far as I remember birth certificate (and notary translation) is needed for children, if you include them in ZAGS documents.

I know - most countries have some kind of address registration system.

But in Common Law countries (most English speaking ones), we have no register of addresses. When we need to prove our address, we have to show a combination of documents (eg. drivers license, two utility bills with address, and a bank card with our name). I can't imagine how I will explain that to a ZAGS okno lady. :rules:

FatAndy
25-07-2011, 12:28
No need to prove it to ZAGS okno lady, you should just go to Дворец бракосочетания №4 – Савёловский ЗАГС
Адрес и проезд: 127015 г.Москва, Бутырская ул., д. 17
м. Савеловская (выход из метро один, третий вагон из центра, пешком 7-10 минут)

Телефон: +7 (495) 685-19-60 +7 (495) 685-19-60 (приём заявлений), +7 (495) 685-79-88 (архив)

Время работы: со ВТ по СБ с 9:00 до 18:00, обед с 14:00 до 15:00;
Часы приема: с 9:00 до 13:30, с 15:00 до 17:30;
Выходные дни: ВС, ПН;
Четвертый ЧТ каждого месяца – санитарный день. Приема нет.

It's only place in Moscow (AFAIK) where Russian citizen can register marriage with foreigner. They should know which docs from which country to require from people.

I know - most countries have some kind of address registration system.

But in Common Law countries (most English speaking ones), we have no register of addresses. When we need to prove our address, we have to show a combination of documents (eg. drivers license, two utility bills with address, and a bank card with our name). I can't imagine how I will explain that to a ZAGS okno lady. :rules: