PDA

View Full Version : Hi folks!

ridcully
27-08-2007, 19:07
I've been a regular visitor (from the UK) to Russia for a few years now, and love the people and the country - especially Moscow. And I'm a fan of Nizhniy Novgorod too, but that's another story!

In recent times I've been visiting once or twice a month, and I've fallen madly in love with a Russian woman; pleased to say it's mutual! :) So a move to Moscow is pretty imminent, and I hope I can find some help and support for practical matters through this site. Issues concerned with work permits are particularly important, as I'm self-employed, but I've got loads of questions about health insurance and lots of other things. I'm a Russian speaker, so that's not an issue.

Look forward to the shared wisdom available here, and maybe meeting some of you some time!

ezik
28-08-2007, 10:54
Welcome, ridcully!

I think you're right that work permit stuff is something to look very carefully at. Probably best to post something in the Business Discussions folder about how to set up a company.

Anyway, welcome again and just keep those questions coming!

Valerry
28-08-2007, 11:44
It's so pleasing to hear that at least someone managed to fall in love with a Russian lady. I have quite a number of foreign friends (male) and whenever they come to Russia, especially to Moscow they seem to be ovewhelmed because of a great number of russian girls, their beauty and availability. But the most dissapointing point is that they do not take them seriously, just spend highly enjoyable time and say "poka"! It's annoying at least for me.

So if you have guys like you who may take things seriously bring them with you!

Ghostly Presence
28-08-2007, 13:43
It's so pleasing to hear that at least someone managed to fall in love with a Russian lady. I have quite a number of foreign friends (male) and whenever they come to Russia, especially to Moscow they seem to be ovewhelmed because of a great number of russian girls, their beauty and availability. But the most dissapointing point is that they do not take them seriously, just spend highly enjoyable time and say "poka"! It's annoying at least for me.

I guess Russian guys are no good for you since they don't have a foreign passport? ;)

Celtica
28-08-2007, 14:09

You yourself show that availability. Are you ready to date any guy just because he is a foreigner who wants serious relationship? :S

Ghostly Presence
28-08-2007, 14:26
You yourself show that availability. Are you ready to date any guy just because he is a foreigner who wants serious relationship? :S

Sounds that way, doesn't it! :)

dick
28-08-2007, 16:51
What business is it of yours who she wants to date you two? She can do what she likes with who she likes, so stop messing on somebody else's thread.

Ghostly Presence
28-08-2007, 17:00
What business is it of yours who she wants to date you two? She can do what she likes with who she likes, so stop messing on somebody else's thread.

Dick,

Have you ever wondered why would a girl be so "exclusive" in her preferrences? I doubt she is in it for love. Girls like that give all Russian females a bad name.

dick
28-08-2007, 17:17
Actually you shouldn't be concerned what she does, but Russian guys do spend more on girls than cheap expats.

Valerry
28-08-2007, 17:25
Thaks a lot for your highly valuable comments. You take it too seriously I should say. | am not going to date a foreign guy only because he is a foreigner. All I wanted to emphasize in my message is that foreigners' approach towards russian girls is unaccepatable in most cases and falling in love seems to be just outstanding...

ridcully
28-08-2007, 17:28
Thanks for the welcome, guys! I know that online forums can be lively places, and expat.ru is no exception (why should it be?)! And it seems that relationships involving (Russian woman + English man) generate a lot of feelings in a number of respects, in both countries. Is that just because of the "Russian brides" scam thing, or what? Certainly one or two UK acquaintances (not friends, because they know how strongly I feel about my Russian girlfriend :inlove:) have made comments about "she only wants you for your passport" - but they're so ill-informed about Russia as to be completely ignored. :snoring:

I must admit that I didn't take Valerry's post as anything other than a light-hearted plea as part of her welcome - aren't most (many? some?) of us after that person with whom we feel just right, where we seem to fit best? And it wouldn't matter what country/culture that person was from if that feeling is there.

OK - end of soppy rant ;) ! I'm really here to try to understand just what I need to do to live and work in Moscow, and make a life with the woman I love! As a frequent visitor I know Moscow and Muscovites pretty well, but recognise that visiting a city and living in it 24/7/52 are two different things!