PDA

View Full Version : An American has stolen my heart

lissey
09-07-2011, 22:09
Dear expat members! After dating one American guy I can not date with normal Russian guys anymore, what should I do?

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 22:12
Wear a badge or a T-Shirt proclaiming that you are only interested in dating Expats! ;)

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 22:13
Date more Americans!

I wouldn't advise that; it obviously ended in tears! :book:

NotMe
09-07-2011, 22:15
Dear expat members! After dating one American guy I can not date with normal Russian guys anymore, what should I do?

Try abnormal ones. ;)

It could work. :p

tvadim133
09-07-2011, 22:16

Commit suicide or try to start dating drtnsnw!

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 22:20
Commit suicide or try to start dating drtnsnw!

That might also end in suicide! ;)

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 22:21
I can't afford to date Russian women...

Try one at a time! :p

ezik
09-07-2011, 22:22
Date a second one. And then a third. At some point you will switch to Dutch, I'm sure.

lissey
09-07-2011, 22:27
I can't afford to date Russian women...

It seems that I couldn't afford dating with an American because it costs so many time and efforts for recovery.

robertmf
09-07-2011, 22:36

Look at the expat.ru [Calendar] and go to events there !! :beerbros:

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 22:36
It seems that I couldn't afford dating with an American because it costs so many time and efforts for recovery.

I think dating an American is probably heavy duty in more than one way! ;)

Good Luck in your search for a suitable partner :)

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 22:38
They do get expensive in multiples...

Its a shame because in supermarkets there are often 3 for the price of 2 offers! :D

ezik
09-07-2011, 22:40

In that case... Tell him you want your heart back and that you'll sue him if he refuses to give it back.

Hans.KK
09-07-2011, 22:41
Dear expat members! After dating one American guy I can not date with normal Russian guys anymoreNot exactly sure that it is the nationality that is crucial, it is probably more a matter of personal match that just fits perfectly.

what should I do?Don't worry, you'll come back to reality one day. If you don't, lucky you.

lissey
09-07-2011, 22:43
Look at the expat.ru [Calendar] and go to events there !! :beerbros:

Thanks, but I am too shy to go there on my own and what would people think, that I am just another gold digger, as some expats call Russian women?

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 22:44
In all seriousness, I have met lissey. She is a beautiful, sweet, smart girl with a great sense of humor. Any man of any nationality would be lucky to be with her.

Ah, now you are seeking commission! :p

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 22:45
Thanks, but I am too shy to go there on my own and what would people think, that I am just another gold digger, as some expats call Russian women?

Stick to English language teachers, they are penniless and certainly have no gold! :10310:

robertmf
09-07-2011, 22:46
In all seriousness, I have met lissey. She is a beautiful, sweet, smart girl with a great sense of humor. Any man of any nationality would be lucky to be with her.

:idea:

:mml: :celebrate: ... let me know when she comes to Philly :10518: :Loco:

ezik
09-07-2011, 22:48
I think that many Russian women go to many of the listed events without the feeling that they're perceived as gold-diggers.

The term is anyway very 1990s. A bit passé...

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 22:49
I think that many Russian women go to many of the listed events without the feeling that they're perceived as gold-diggers.

I agree, the so called Gold Rush has been and gone! :bookworm:

lissey
09-07-2011, 22:50
In that case... Tell him you want your heart back and that you'll sue him if he refuses to give it back.

Unfortunately, I don't know any law which can allow me such opportunity

NotMe
09-07-2011, 23:01

I am sure you are a brave lady if started this thread. :)

You didn't care what people thought, did you? :)

ezik
09-07-2011, 23:03
Stick to English language teachers, they are penniless and certainly have no gold! :10310:

Erhm...
How should I put this...

Once, when I was a student, some friends and myself were hired to sell merchandise at a Michael Jackson concert. The company had hired too many students, though, so my friends and I ended up with no job, but with VIP bracelets. So we were in the front section and started speculating about whether or not Michael's nose would fall off. We did that out loud. In the middle of a group of hardcore fans that had been spending the night in front of the stadium, just to get into that front section. They. Were. Not. Amused.

Imagine you being me at that moment and all the Michael Jackson fans being English language teachers.

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 23:11
Erhm...
How should I put this...

Once, when I was a student, some friends and myself were hired to sell merchandise at a Michael Jackson concert. The company had hired too many students, though, so my friends and I ended up with no job, but with VIP bracelets. So we were in the front section and started speculating about whether or not Michael's nose would fall off. We did that out loud. In the middle of a group of hardcore fans that had been spending the night in front of the stadium, just to get into that front section. They. Were. Not. Amused.

Imagine you being me at that moment and all the Michael Jackson fans being English language teachers.

Imagine if it had fallen off - how much would that have been worth on ebay.com? :D

franzewich
09-07-2011, 23:59

Steal one back! Maybe Russian hearts are even bigger than American?

By the way:
"Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who wouldn't give up on them." (by Melai)

All the best, keep your head up! :)

Inola
10-07-2011, 03:10
"Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who wouldn't give up on them." (by Melai)

All the best, keep your head up! :)

+1

Dear lissy,

I have difficulty with dating Russian men too. So what? It's not my problem, it's theirs:)

But as I always say, this has nothing to do with nationality... I think I have more in common with expats, just because they have the same open-mindness that only an international/expat life experience can give... Am sure that if you meet an American that has never left his little village in Montana, you'll be as impressed by him as by any average Vania in Mukhosransk:)

chartreuse
10-07-2011, 07:33
The answer is pretty obvious for us Russian: DRINK, baby, drink! It helped me when my American wife left me (well, that's her version of it anyway). After a few weeks of heavy drinking, her friend (unaware of the ordeal) called me and asked, "Can I talk to Susan?" I said, "Susan who?" Got together with my previous wife after that (who was 100% Russian btw) and we lived happily ever after. Don't be stupid. There's that perfect Russian boy somewhere looking for you. FIND HIM!

Willy
10-07-2011, 08:16

Lena is that you?

NotMe
10-07-2011, 11:00
Steal one back! Maybe Russian hearts are even bigger than American?

Не-а.....
It doesn't work. :p

When someone steals your heart, only thief's heart could make you happy.:)

Any other hearts could be considered as collection of useless junk and self-delusion. ;)

By the way:

sounds like a week consolation, I would say.:p

Ulyana.de.fine
10-07-2011, 11:15

So what is it termed nowadays?
Wherever there is gold there bound to be rush...
Or has humanity changed after last couple of millenia starting 2000?

Inola
10-07-2011, 11:30

??? Sorry, I don't get what you are trying to say here:(

Ulyana.de.fine
10-07-2011, 11:41
??? Sorry, I don't get what you are trying to say here:(

I wanted to know what the contemporary term for "gold digger" is as I dont believe the phenomenon of gold rush itself is by any means over as it has lasted since forever.
Hope this is better...
:zoom:

Dicorp
10-07-2011, 11:46

just out of curiosity

what was it in ONE american man that prevents you from dating a Russian? of which there are several million in the vicinity?

Dicorp
10-07-2011, 11:50

it's still golddigger.

certain women have profited personally from wealthy men since the dawn of time.

prostitution IS the oldest job in the world :)

Willy
10-07-2011, 11:56
just out of curiosity

what was it in ONE american man that prevents you from dating a Russian? of which there are several million in the vicinity?

Russian guys are very rough with women, Americans are gentil to the point of being pussies.

A Russian guy won't be so cheap as American guys who want the women to pay for half the date and may even fight over who paid for the condoms the last time.

Inola
10-07-2011, 11:58
it's still golddigger.

Though nowadays the term can be applied to some men too:) How would you call that? Men's Evolution? Nah...

Willy
10-07-2011, 12:24
it's still golddigger.

If nobody worked before that where did they get the money to pay for the prositute?

That's got to be the stupidest sayings I ever heard and had to be made up by some cheap skate American.

yakspeare
10-07-2011, 12:27

Here at Aussie introductions we have a guaranteed service. Having had two of my ex girlfriends become lesbian, I can promise that after me you won't be thinking about American guys or possibly not even guys in general.

Once you've gone Yak, you don't go back.

PM for details

TolkoRaz
10-07-2011, 12:27
There has always been much debate if Prostitution or Espionage are the oldest professions in the World; either way, they are often inter-linked! ;)

TolkoRaz
10-07-2011, 12:29
Having had two of my ex girlfriends become lesbian

Wow, what did you feed them? Or perhaps I should ask what didn't you feed them? ;)

vovik01
10-07-2011, 12:29
Willy, f.... it! Forget about woman's:-) Let's go drink tonight?

Inola
10-07-2011, 12:34
Here at Aussie introductions we have a guaranteed service. Having had two of my ex girlfriends become lesbian, I can promise that after me you won't be thinking about American guys or possibly not even guys in general.

Once you've gone Yak, you don't go back.

PM for details

Yak,

what are you trying to do - to attract lissy or scare her away?:D

yakspeare
10-07-2011, 12:39
Yak,

what are you trying to do - to attract lissy or scare her away?:D

Just to offer her a service to cure her of her fascination with American men....very charitable of me I know...

vovik01
10-07-2011, 12:42
Female Gorillas in the wild have been observed trading sex for oranges.

Even the animal kingdom has hookers!

:-)))))))) What about bananas ?

Willy
10-07-2011, 12:50
Willy, f.... it! Forget about woman's:-) Let's go drink tonight?

Hey your in Moscow?

Sorry I don't drink but I was going to meet a couple of girls, you can drink with them while I feel them up.

TolkoRaz
10-07-2011, 12:54

Even the animal kingdom has hookers!

How do the scientists not know that the oranges are an aphrodisiac or the equivalent of giving a young lady a huge diamond? :10310:

Willy
10-07-2011, 12:54
Wow, what did you feed them? Or perhaps I should ask what didn't you feed them? ;)

Sounds more like they just realized sex with men wasn't worth it. They should have cum with old Willy.

vovik01
10-07-2011, 13:09
Hey your in Moscow?

Sorry I don't drink but I was going to meet a couple of girls, you can drink with them while I feel them up.

Yes, I'm in Moscow finally:-) After Germany, some other places...
Don't be sorry, I'm stupid american (by mentality) to...So, I don't drink :-)
Couple girls? Sounds good, but I'm to old, so I think one will be enough for me:-)))

Willy
10-07-2011, 13:41
Yes, I'm in Moscow finally:-) After Germany, some other places...
Don't be sorry, I'm stupid american (by mentality) to...So, I don't drink :-)
Couple girls? Sounds good, but I'm to old, so I think one will be enough for me:-)))

Okay but you got to give her back when your done, I'm not that old yet.

vovik01
10-07-2011, 13:53
Old, means lazy:-) Not something else:-)

Willy
10-07-2011, 14:02
Old, means lazy:-) Not something else:-)

So your the kind of guy who likes the young girls who will bounce up and down on you all night long.

This poor girls thread, what will she think about us dirty old men?

Inola
10-07-2011, 14:15
Lissy,

Don't pay attention to Vovik and Willy:) Any thread started by a girl ends up in men discussing their preferences between them... It's a pattern and you'll get used to it soon:)

Just leave them alone and start a new thread:D

Marie Octobre
10-07-2011, 14:22

Dating a foreigner or somebody from the background very different from yours can be a sign of escapism. When you are with a Russian man you can read him better, you catch shades of meaning better, you understand his mannerisms better and so even if he is an unknown quantity in the beginning he is still closer to you in an animal of your species kind of way than a foreign man will be. And the result is that if you are honest with yourself you get bored with him much quicker and cannot pretend anymore that you are in love.The foreigner seems more exciting and more interesting longer, just because he can stay in the unknown and hard to diagnose territory a bit longer. We still can read him but can tell yourself that maybe, just maybe there's more to him than meets the eye. He shouldn't even have to be an American for this, could be an Armenian. And in the long run, if a woman doesn't want to see a man near herself too clearly, and loves not the man himself but the sensation of being in love, the relationship with a foreign man can keep her illusions quite for some time. But she must be willing not to notice the real man near her to keep a sence of adventure going. And a bewildered American suddenly feels that it is required of him to be a Santa Claus or Zorro or heaven knows what to keep this woman, just not his ordinary self. That is just a thought, by the way, nothing personal. Just be careful of what you wish.

robertmf
10-07-2011, 14:47
Dating a foreigner or somebody from the background very different from yours can be a sign of escapism.

What about, "opposites attract" :question:

That is just a thought, by the way, nothing personal. Just be careful of what you wish (for).
Yes. "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" ... and maybe, "Don't turn over a rock that's hiding something bigger than what you want to find!" :11158:

Krolick
10-07-2011, 14:56

Raise your right hand, breath in, stop for 15 seconds and then sharply drop your hand down saying aloud: "А фиг с ним" (English version - Whatever, or The hell with that)

There are so many interesting things to do in this life - much more interesting then dating guys who steel hearts and never give them back. Enjoy life!

muddyleopard
10-07-2011, 14:57
ever tried brits?

Inola
10-07-2011, 15:00
Dating a foreigner or somebody from the background very different from yours can be a sign of escapism. When you are with a Russian man you can read him better, you catch shades of meaning better, you understand his mannerisms better and so even if he is an unknown quantity in the beginning he is still closer to you in an animal of your species kind of way than a foreign man will be. And the result is that if you are honest with yourself you get bored with him much quicker and cannot pretend anymore that you are in love.The foreigner seems more exciting and more interesting longer, just because he can stay in the unknown and hard to diagnose territory a bit longer. We still can read him but can tell yourself that maybe, just maybe there's more to him than meets the eye. He shouldn't even have to be an American for this, could be an Armenian. And in the long run, if a woman doesn't want to see a man near herself too clearly, and loves not the man himself but the sensation of being in love, the relationship with a foreign man can keep her illusions quite for some time. But she must be willing not to notice the real man near her to keep a sence of adventure going. And a bewildered American suddenly feels that it is required of him to be a Santa Claus or Zorro or heaven knows what to keep this woman, just not his ordinary self. That is just a thought, by the way, nothing personal. Just be careful of what you wish.

Could be, but know from experience, that cultural/linguistic differences in a couple can in some ways help to be more attentive to each other and as strange at might sound to better understand each other, especially when both feel being different from people around, but see in a foreigner a soul-mate... But once again, soul-mates can be of your nationality too... Conclusion: nothing to do with nationalities, as I already said.

Anyway, lissey!

I wish you all the luck in your love life... You can be really broken-hearted just once in your life. Next time it'll be easier (you'll see) - just don't be afraid to open your heart again to another good guy... who will come to you when you are ready to see him:) If you think you already are - stop comparing then:)

robertmf
10-07-2011, 15:01

Very true among the chimps, too; and standard anthropology 101. We were knuckle-walkers and cave men for a very very long time :wavey: and successful dna reproduction demands good survival traits :mml:

Quest for Fire (1981) - IMDb@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BOTMzODMxOTA2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDA2NzUxMQ@@._V1._SX98_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BOTMzODMxOTA2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDA2NzUxMQ@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX98@@AMEPARAM@@SY140

This is a very interesting movie with no dialogue - grunts only :) Desmond Morris (The Naked Ape) and Anthony Burgess (A Clockwork Orange) consulted.

Anthony Burgess created the primitive language for the early humans in this prehistoric adventure about a trio of warriors who travel the savanna, encountering sabre-toothed tigers, mammoths and cannibalistic tribes in search of a flame that would replace the fire their tribe has lost. Written by Keith Loh <loh@sfu.ca>

robertmf
10-07-2011, 15:06
"А фиг с ним" (English version - Whatever, or The hell with that)

фиг ..umm.. I don't think of "figs" being Russian ... is this perhaps a slur especially for middle easterners :question:

Swordfish90293
10-07-2011, 15:08
The thread has become another one of American bashing...source: low self esteem, jealousy, insecurity...

Let the girl have her life without snide remarks and putting others down.

Not a word such as "good for you, you found a bit of happiness..."

Inola
10-07-2011, 15:14
фиг ..umm.. I don't think of "figs" being Russian ... is this perhaps a slur especially for middle easterners :question:

It's a milder version of the words we really use in such situations. "Fig" like "blin" is used as it's mauvais ton for a girl to swear (in public - in advice on forums, e.g.).

I'm sure you know all that, Robert, but explain for those who don't:)

robertmf
10-07-2011, 15:22
It's a milder version of the words we really use in such situations. "Fig" like "blin" is used as it's mauvais ton for a girl to swear (in public - in advice on forums, e.g.).

Не знаю "mauvais ton" ... :question: -- I know what you mean, just not that phrase :)

Inola
10-07-2011, 15:23
The thread has become another one of American bashing...source: low self esteem, jealousy, insecurity...

Let the girl have her life without snide remarks and putting others down.

No generalizing please:)

Not a word such as "good for you, you found a bit of happiness..."

When I said "another good guy" I implied that too...:)

Inola
10-07-2011, 15:31
Не знаю "mauvais ton" ... :question: -- I know what you mean, just not that phrase :)

French for "bad manners".

FYI, there is an expression in Russian "это моветон" borrowed from French, same meaning, but rarely used (a bit litterary/highbrow). Can be used to underline the sarcasm. Sorry, thought it is used in English too...

robertmf
10-07-2011, 15:47
French for "bad manners".

FYI, there is an expression in Russian "это моветон" borrowed from French, same meaning, but rarely used (a bit litterary/highbrow). Can be used to underline the sarcasm. Sorry, thought it is used in English too...

Nup. Never heard of это моветон in French or Russian :) You must travel in higher social circles than **moi** :Loco:

Thanks for the phrase :)

Inola
10-07-2011, 16:28
Nup. Never heard of это моветон in French or Russian :) You must travel in higher social circles than **moi** :Loco:

Thanks for the phrase :)

Nope, I am a damn sarcastic highbrowed linguist:D

You're welcome

lissey
10-07-2011, 16:34
Lissy,

Don't pay attention to Vovik and Willy:) Any thread started by a girl ends up in men discussing their preferences between them... It's a pattern and you'll get used to it soon:)

Just leave them alone and start a new thread:D

Thanks, Inola. I already got it. It's funny to hear such discussions ;-)

Krolick
10-07-2011, 16:43

I used the word "фиг" as the one appropriate to write on forum and not in bardak. It can be replaced with much emotional words but I am not going to list them. I guess lissey knows them perfectly))

Inola
10-07-2011, 16:51
I used the word "фиг" as the one appropriate to write on forum

Exactly, otherwise это моветон:D ( ;) to Robert)

natlee
10-07-2011, 17:37
what would people think, that I am just another gold digger Um, but if you were a gold digger wouldn't you be dating Russian men? ;)

natlee
10-07-2011, 17:45
Just judge them on the size of their bank accounts, not their country of origin. I think I do... the other way around. The less money, the more chemistry :'-( lol

natlee
10-07-2011, 17:51
On a serious note, I can relate... kind of. However, it's not about American men with me, it's more about the English (language). I'm sure it's just a habit, but at this point in time I can't imagine touching certain subjects with a Russian.. (in Russian)

natlee
10-07-2011, 17:52
Eh, who needs chemistry when cash is involved... Both would do!

franzewich
10-07-2011, 17:53
Eh, who needs chemistry when cash is involved...

Now, even at the danger of sounding "American bashing" - that is a typical American attitude!

robertmf
10-07-2011, 17:58
I already got it. It's funny to hear such discussions ;-), это моветон :D (to Inola)

:iagree: :Loco:

Marie Octobre
10-07-2011, 20:01
What about, "opposites attract" :question:

Do you mean opposites as in man and woman? We are not that opposite actually.

franzewich
10-07-2011, 20:15
or Russian...

...but not necessarily from Russian women! ;)

robertmf
10-07-2011, 20:18
Do you mean opposites as in man and woman? We are not that opposite actually.

"opposites attract" in the sense of ..umm.. very different personalities often attract each other. :11157: Physical too sometimes -

:whisper: blondes always go for the dark Italian men !! :mml: :trampoline:

robertmf
10-07-2011, 20:20
Feel free to touch me anytime...

:10518: Как сказат по-Русски, "touchy-feelly" :question:

natlee
10-07-2011, 21:42
Feel free to touch me anytime... Ya never know, I might just do that sometime :shame:

Marie Octobre
10-07-2011, 21:42
:10518: Как сказат по-Русски, "touchy-feelly" :question:

Недотрога.

Don't be so touchy-feelly. Не будь такой недотрогой.

But does touchy-feelly means 'one who dislikes being touched'?

natlee
10-07-2011, 21:55
I can only hope and dream... Awww for someone whose first comment about my picture was a negative one you're being awfully sweet ;-* (seriously though, part of me wishes I could meet you bunch in person sometime.. we'll see)

Judge
10-07-2011, 22:00
Awww for someone whose first comment about my picture was a negative one you're being awfully sweet ;-* (seriously though, part of me wishes I could meet you bunch in person sometime.. we'll see)

Your wish just came true.:coffee:

http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=336259

trancophile
10-07-2011, 22:09
Keep dating that particular individual to see just how much you like them after spending more time with them.

Just because they are American doesn't mean all foreigners are alike. We are not talking about Americans in general, just this individual.

natlee
10-07-2011, 22:12
Just because I said you look angry does not make you not hot... Must be the size of the picture cause in fact I look more sad than angry (in the pic) but who cares, hot it is! lol

natlee
10-07-2011, 22:13
Your wish just came true.:coffee:

http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=336259 Don't have a babysitter, unfortunately.. :(

natlee
10-07-2011, 22:15
Yes it is! :SwoonLoveSmiley: :kiss_mini:

Inola
10-07-2011, 22:21
Don't have a babysitter, unfortunately.. :(

ah, the killjoy!...

MickeyTong
10-07-2011, 22:25
Some guys have all the luck....

http://i55.tinypic.com/ic1x92.jpg

MickeyTong
10-07-2011, 22:37
I'm sure she likes him for his personality...

Well, what else? It can't be his handsome face and toned physique. Or even his stylish dress-sense.....

robertmf
11-07-2011, 00:51
But does touchy-feelly means 'one who dislikes being touched'?

..umm.. seems there's only 1 'l' in "feely" :12115:

1. touchy-feely
(often derogatory) openly expressing love and affection; especially through physical contact

Yes and no :) touchy-feely or "touchy" can refer to either physical or mental uninvited/intrusive contact ..umm.. "on edge emotionally" ..umm.. "you're in my space".

sweetfart
11-07-2011, 01:08
Well, what else? It can't be his handsome face and toned physique. Or even his stylish dress-sense.....
Some women like a man with a voluptuous, very curvaceous body.

Marie Octobre
11-07-2011, 01:10
..umm.. seems there's only 1 'l' in "feely" :12115:

1. touchy-feely
(often derogatory) openly expressing love and affection; especially through physical contact

Yes and no :) touchy-feely or "touchy" can refer to either physical or mental uninvited/intrusive contact ..umm.. "on edge emotionally" ..umm.. "you're in my space".

Sorry, I temporarily lost all ability to undestand words in Russian or English due to a constant lack of sleep. Думаю что недотрога не подходит.

natlee
11-07-2011, 01:12
You're such a flirt! :shame:

natlee
11-07-2011, 01:14
I dunno man, that t-shirt is pretty cool... :D

natlee
11-07-2011, 01:17
ah, the killjoy!... :(

natlee
11-07-2011, 01:26
You really know your emoticons...

lol it IS late ;) Being a good friend via icq right now so can't go to bed yet...

natlee
11-07-2011, 01:33
And I thought you were staying up late just to flirt with me... That too, I'm not THAT good a friend ;-P

robertmf
11-07-2011, 13:57
... Думаю что недотрога не подходит.

Опять, пожальста. **what** do you think is not suitable ? :11363:

mrzuzzo
11-07-2011, 14:16

Are you sure that "normal" Russian guys want to date you?

What exactly is so good about dating American guys again?

BoZz
11-07-2011, 14:41
This should serve as a warning for some and an interesting read for others.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/07/10/53027188.html

More Russian women marry foreigners

http://english.ruvr.ru/data/2011/07/10/1254040486/4RIA-136856-Preview.jpg

According to statistics, every seventh Moscow girl marries a foreigner. Moscow women prefer to make families with the citizens of Turkey, Germany, Israel, the US, Great Britain and Afghanistan.

According to the head of the Moscow Civil Registry office Irina Muravyeva, in January-June about 4,500 marriages with foreigners were registered in Moscow. At the same time the number of marriages with the citizens of the former Soviet republics is decreasing. By the way it was the Soviet Union which introduced the fashion on international marriages. The Soviet authorities supported such marriages because internationalism was a part of the communist ideology. Anyway those were marriages between the citizens of the same country.

According to the psychologist and writer Sergey Klyuchnikov, marrying a foreigner is often seen as a chance to make your life better:

"If a young person is mobile and wants to see the world she or he leaves the country, gets married there but after several years of living abroad he comes back with a broadened outlook."

In some Russian regions for example in St. Petersburg the authorities are now even trying to simplify the registration of marriages between Russians and foreigners. Love knows no borders and it makes no sense to place them, the initiators of simpler registration say.

But statistics also states that international marriages break up more often than the marriages between the citizens of the same country. It happens mainly not because of the difference in tempers but because of difference in mentalities. Each nation has its own system of values. In every country people learn in their early years their national view on what is “good” or “bad”, Klyuchnikov says:

"People often marry without understanding that the marriage is not about a holiday romance but living together. Very often there is a great difference between the first impression and what the person is in everyday life. This may become a big problem. Difference in mentalities is another key problem. Everyone grew up in a certain system of values and should be flexible to the foreign values. Of course if feelings are strong the two will overcome everything and without feeling one can marry someone who lives in a neighboring street and they will break up six months later."

Most of the international marriages break up quite quickly. In some countries juridically divorce is a very complicated procedure and some companies managed to turn it into a profitable business. For example, in the Netherlands the Heartbreak Hotel agency offers the disappointed couples a service called “divorce in a weekend”. They accommodate spouses in separate rooms of a luxurious hotel and while they are having rest there their lawyers prepare all necessary documents. To avoid paper work costs only € 2,500.

However quiet break ups are rather exception from the rule. Two thirds of all divorces end in court because former husbands and wives argue about custody of their children. Very often these family arguments grow into international scandals, make headlines and require settlement on the political level.

franzewich
11-07-2011, 14:47

I fully agree with you! :iagree:

The fun (and the risk!) lays within the thrill of the new, the interesting, the unexpected. Trouble starts when the relationship is getting closer, i.e. the "affair" starts turning in a real partnership with further hopes and expectations. Misunderstandings come up, but clarifications are avoided out of various concerns. So it is better to leave it as an "affair" in the vague hope that things might clarify somehow eventually - they won't. The initial excitement turns into fear of the unknown, and the relationship will find its dead end. The sensation of love subsides, and it is easier in an international community to simply give up and find another expat rather than investing any efforts to straighten things out. And then there's another one whose heart has been stolen, and it may happen again and again... both for men and women!

(Also, just a thought out of own bitter experience, nothing to do with the initial thread! :) )

natlee
11-07-2011, 15:15
Ummmm... we're awesome. Um well... ok I really don't know do I lol

natlee
11-07-2011, 15:21
Dating a foreigner or somebody from the background very different from yours can be a sign of escapism. When you are with a Russian man you can read him better, you catch shades of meaning better, you understand his mannerisms better and so even if he is an unknown quantity in the beginning he is still closer to you in an animal of your species kind of way than a foreign man will be. And the result is that if you are honest with yourself you get bored with him much quicker and cannot pretend anymore that you are in love.The foreigner seems more exciting and more interesting longer, just because he can stay in the unknown and hard to diagnose territory a bit longer. We still can read him but can tell yourself that maybe, just maybe there's more to him than meets the eye. He shouldn't even have to be an American for this, could be an Armenian. And in the long run, if a woman doesn't want to see a man near herself too clearly, and loves not the man himself but the sensation of being in love, the relationship with a foreign man can keep her illusions quite for some time. But she must be willing not to notice the real man near her to keep a sence of adventure going. And a bewildered American suddenly feels that it is required of him to be a Santa Claus or Zorro or heaven knows what to keep this woman, just not his ordinary self. That is just a thought, by the way, nothing personal. Just be careful of what you wish. Hmmm... and why can't this hypothetical woman see a foreign man clearly, after a while anyway? Why can't she just be in love with the man not the sensation blah blah? Just a thought..?

natlee
11-07-2011, 15:23
Yeah you do. I was married to one. And he had Russian parents :)

natlee
11-07-2011, 15:29
Then that would actually make him more Russian then anything else... I repeat... he was born in New York, raised in New York, came to Moscow to do his MBA around the age of 25.. meant to go back to NY right after but met me, and.. well... he met me! I mean come on lol He stayed!

mrzuzzo
11-07-2011, 15:29
So Russian women see foreign men as an escape from their shitty lives.

Foreign men see Russian women as an escape from their own social retardation and previous failure with women, accept the fact that they are greedy materialistic prostitutes, and go for it.

Should work out in the end. I think.

natlee
11-07-2011, 15:34

Foreign men see Russian women as an escape from their own social retardation and previous failure with women, accept the fact that they are greedy materialistic prostitutes, and go for it.

Should work out in the end. I think. Ok at the risk of getting kicked out of here... you seem like quite a jerk (and before you people judge me, I have tried to keep my mouth shut on the subject but I'm weaker than I thought :()

natlee
11-07-2011, 15:37
I stand by my previous statement. Russian parents make for Russian children, no matter the actually geographical location.
Same for all nationalities. You may be an exception but take a look at your country... how many ppl are 'truly' American? He lived with his mom as a kid, then went to university, served in the Marines etc... ? When we met here he spoke Russian with a dreadful accent... I know what you mean but trust me, he was (and is) American more than anything else

mrzuzzo
11-07-2011, 15:45
Ok at the risk of getting kicked out of here... you seem like quite a jerk (and before you people judge me, I have tried to keep my mouth shut on the subject but I'm weaker than I thought :()

1) I agree with you. I am a jerk.
2) Was there anything incorrect in what I wrote?

Judge
11-07-2011, 15:50
I repeat... he was born in New York, raised in New York, came to Moscow to do his MBA around the age of 25.. meant to go back to NY right after but met me, and.. well... he met me! I mean come on lol He stayed!

Born and raised in America.... sure sounds like a yank to me.

natlee
11-07-2011, 15:59
1) I agree with you. I am a jerk.
2) Was there anything incorrect in what I wrote?
1) Phew! 2) PEOPLE are different. Whichever nationality. I was married to an American who had no money. I dated an English guy who had no money (or close to none anyway.) (And more but hell I've said enough) My ex-husband is currently married to a girl who fell in love with him via Skype oh so dearly when he had a nice job, lived at sea, not to mention the US passport... Get the idea? And yes, there are not so nice foreign men here who are only here cause they'd be either in prison or a mental institution back home.

Dicorp

Should work out in the end. I think.

Couldn't be more true.

Met a girl a in the winter though my cousin. Both of them are brainwashed that Canada is a land of awesome and life is just so easy there.

This girl couldn't hold a convo about anything else other than how much she hates Russia and wants to leave. This is considering she's a native Moscovite, lives in luxurious apartment with her parents and drives a brand new car.
Needless to say, she was promptly shown the door as I was sure all that she wanted was my Canadian passport. Oh, and she had small breasts.

Seriously girls, if you actually want the guy to fall for you so that you can get his citizenship and money, at least pretend you like HIM first.

natlee
My point is, MOST parents raise their children with the values and traditions they were raised with. Even when in a foreign country. Not sure about his mom's values and traditions but will shut up now before SHE finds this forum lol

natlee
11-07-2011, 16:01
Couldn't be more true.

Met a girl a in the winter though my cousin. Both of them are brainwashed that Canada is a land of awesome and life is just so easy there.

This girl couldn't hold a convo about anything else other than how much she hates Russia and wants to leave. This is considering she's a native Moscovite, lives in luxurious apartment with her parents and drives a brand new car.
Needless to say, she was promptly shown the door as I was sure all that she wanted was my Canadian passport. Oh, and she had small breasts.

Seriously girls, if you actually want the guy to fall for you so that you can get his citizenship and money, at least pretend you like HIM first. I cannot tell you how sorry I am about your experience (sob) but what's that gotta do with the rest of us? :)

sweetfart
11-07-2011, 16:05
I stand by my previous statement. Russian parents make for Russian children, no matter the actually geographical location.
Same for all nationalities.

Sorry, I have to disagree with that one. There are tons of Americans whose parents are foreign and they still maintain Americanness above all.

mrzuzzo
11-07-2011, 16:06
2) PEOPLE are different. Whichever nationality. I was married to an American who had no money. I dated an English guy who had no money (or close to none anyway.) (And more but hell I've said enough) My ex-husband is currently married to a girl who fell in love with him via Skype oh so dearly when he had a nice job, lived at sea, not to mention the US passport... Get the idea? And yes, there are not so nice foreign men here who are only here cause they'd be either in prison or a mental institution back home.

MBA with no money? Really? Do we have a different understanding of what "no money" means?

Are you justifying the failure of your relationship based on the fact that your ex-husband was "American"?

You know that US passport meant a lot to you.. admit it. Security, stability, prosperity, opportunities..

natlee
11-07-2011, 16:16
MBA with no money? Really? Do we have a different understanding of what "no money" means?

Are you justifying the failure of your relationship based on the fact that your ex-husband was "American"?

You know that US passport meant a lot to you.. admit it. Security, stability, prosperity, opportunities.. LOL yes and that is why having been married to the guy 8 years I didn't even bother getting myself a green card. And yes he did pay money for his MBA, after which he had no money left. Simple enough? You do know some ppl have money => spend it => end up with none? :) Not to mention the reason he came here for his MBA was it was CONSIDERABLY cheaper than anywhere else. As for justifying the failure of our relationship based on the fact he was American (why the " "?) again, he was an American of Russian descent and that was PERFECTO. Simply put, I could tell him a Russian joke and he could tell me an American joke, and when either of us couldn't think of the word in either language we'd say it in the other. We spoke a mix of two languages. He was from NY and I'm from Moscow, his parents taught him Russian and I'd been speaking English for the major part of my life.. so no, nothing to do with 'cultural differences'

natlee
11-07-2011, 16:17
But think about, why do some many foreigners choose to live in communities that have alot of there fellow countrymen/women when they move to a different country?
IMHO, it is for the reason I mentioned above. Usually that's cause they can't be bothered to learn the language of the country they've moved to properly lol

Dicorp
11-07-2011, 16:18
LOL yes and that is why having been married to the guy 8 years I didn't even bother getting myself a green card. And yes he did pay money for his MBA, after which he had no money left. Simple enough? You do know some ppl have money => spend it => end up with none? :) Not to mention the reason he came here for his MBA was it was CONSIDERABLY cheaper than anywhere else. As for justifying the failure of our relationship based on the fact he was American (why the " "?) again, he was an American of Russian descent and that was PERFECTO. Simply put, I could tell him a Russian joke and he could tell me an American joke, and when either of us couldn't think of the word in either language we'd say it in the other. We spoke a mix of two languages. He was from NY and I'm from Moscow, his parents taught him Russian and I'd been speaking English for the major part of my life.. so no, nothing to do with 'cultural differences'

so he was a Russian Jew?

natlee
11-07-2011, 16:22
so he was a Russian Jew? No but I am, are we going to get into what I'm thinking we're going to get into? ;)

sweetfart
11-07-2011, 16:26
To be raised with ones' family values and traditions does not make one un-American. In fact, it adds to the melting pot that is the US.
But think about, why do some many foreigners choose to live in communities that have alot of there fellow countrymen/women when they move to a different country?
IMHO, it is for the reason I mentioned above.

Maybe in the East Coast cities where they like to form ethnic enclaves yeah. But for an immigrant who moves to a random suburb in a random city of America, I tend to find they often don't want to incorporate their own values and traditions for fear that their children won't be "American enough" and will have a hard time socially growing up.

Dicorp
11-07-2011, 16:28
No but I am, are we going to get into what I'm thinking we're going to get into? ;)

Well so am I and so is Zuzzo. Well he's kinda shy about it though.
Most Russians were too busy drinking in reminiscence of the USSR in the 90s. Our parents were quite fortunately able to immigrate to Canada.

Anyways, continue the discussion. :)

natlee
11-07-2011, 16:31
so is Zuzzo. Well he's kinda shy about it though. Oh I bet he is :D

yakspeare
11-07-2011, 16:36
No but I am, are we going to get into what I'm thinking we're going to get into? ;)

Shalom,

Do you speak Ivrit at all? I have been studying it for six months a pretty cool language. Actually quite funny if you know Russian and English:

Ani= I , я pronounced "они"
He= She , она
Hu= He , он pronounced like English "who"

baba-father not grandmother!

so he is she, who is he, ani is I and not they. Can get confusing. :)

natlee
11-07-2011, 16:38
Shalom,

Do you speak Ivrit at all? I have been studying it for six months a pretty cool language. Actually quite funny if you know Russian and English:

Ani= I , я pronounced "они"
He= She , она
Hu= He , он pronounced like English "who"

baba-father not grandmother!

so he is she, who is he, ani is I and not they. Can get confusing. :) lol no don't speak ANY.. you can teach me!

Willy
11-07-2011, 16:41
Maybe in the East Coast cities where they like to form ethnic enclaves yeah. But for an immigrant who moves to a random suburb in a random city of America, I tend to find they often don't want to incorporate their own values and traditions for fear that their children won't be "American enough" and will have a hard time socially growing up.

Yes and that is why most stop teaching their language to the their kids. My grandfather spoke Russian but I never knew this until long after he was dead, my other grandfather spoke Italian until his father died then the whole family stopped. I also know one guy who tried begging his family to teach him Spainish and they never would.

mrzuzzo
11-07-2011, 16:44
Well so am I and so is Zuzzo. Well he's kinda shy about it though.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/medium/000/005/545/OpoQQ.jpg

While there is a bit of jew in all of us, I am most definitely not jewish.

Oh I bet he is :D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/medium/000/003/617/okayguy.jpg

Marie Octobre
11-07-2011, 19:42
Hmmm... and why can't this hypothetical woman see a foreign man clearly, after a while anyway? Why can't she just be in love with the man not the sensation blah blah? Just a thought..?

She can of course. Everything can turn out just right in any situation. :)

Marie Octobre
12-07-2011, 00:15
Опять, пожальста. **what** do you think is not suitable ? :11363:

Sorry. I don't understand.

robertmf
12-07-2011, 01:19
Sorry. I don't understand.

Originally Posted by Marie Octobre
... Думаю что недотрога не подходит.

:question: Не понял. What is 'not suitable ?' Пожальста, переведишь/re-phrase/translate the Rooskie :-P

:rofl:

Marie Octobre
12-07-2011, 11:03
:question: Не понял. What is 'not suitable ?' Пожальста, переведишь/re-phrase/translate the Rooskie :-P

:rofl:

OK. What phrase with the 'touchy-feely' you have in mind? I think the translation will depend on the contents to a large degree.

robertmf
12-07-2011, 14:53
OK. What phrase with the 'touchy-feely' you have in mind? I think the translation will depend on the contents to a large degree.

I give up :11030:

Willy
12-07-2011, 18:20
I give up :11030:

Why anyone would thank that last post is beyond me.

AstarD
12-07-2011, 18:44
Of course it is.

franzewich
12-07-2011, 21:40

It is called a "double-sliding-tackle" by the FIFA. One from the left, one from the right. You should watch more European football!

lissey
16-07-2011, 21:46
Thank you all, who said on the subject. It was very curious for me to know what other peole may think of this awkward situation. The problem is deeper than I thought and it seems to me that we all buy bulletains in vain hope to win the price sometimes. Good luck to everyone!

TolkoRaz
16-07-2011, 21:51
What's the Frequency, lissey? ;)

franzewich
16-07-2011, 21:57
Thank you all, who said on the subject. It was very curious for me to know what other peole may think of this awkward situation. The problem is deeper than I thought and it seems to me that we all buy bulletains in vain hope to win the price sometimes. Good luck to everyone!

Good luck to you! Hope you will get your heart back! ;)

"A heart is not a play thing,
A heart is not a toy,
But if you want it broken,
just give it to a boy."

natlee
16-07-2011, 21:58
"A heart is not a play thing,
A heart is not a toy,
But if you want it broken,
just give it to a boy." So true :(

lissey
16-07-2011, 22:04
What's the Frequency, lissey? ;)

As much as you can afford it :wavey:

TolkoRaz
16-07-2011, 22:04
It seems that she has lost her heart,
After much fun and joy, he did depart.
They say that a heart is not for keeping,
But now he's gone, I can't stop weeping.

TolkoRaz - July 2011 :)

TolkoRaz
16-07-2011, 22:05
As much as you can afford it :wavey:

Ah, so we are talking about Champagne drinking! :eek:

natlee
16-07-2011, 22:08
It seems that she has lost her heart,
After much fun and joy, he did depart.
They say that a heart is not for keeping,
But now he's gone, I can't stop weeping.

TolkoRaz - July 2011 :) Very impressive. Do you sing?

TolkoRaz
16-07-2011, 22:13
Nope unfortunately not, but here is another quickly penned one:

He was the real thing, he made me smile,
Then he packed his bags and away he went.
Now, I wonder if his number I should dial,
But now I realise, he must have been 'bent'! :D

TolkoRaz - July 2011 @ 2212hours :)

Marie Octobre
16-07-2011, 22:32
Not by me, but I like it a lot.

Your face may be round
But your heart is quite pure.
And girls with pure hearts
Get fewer and fewer.

natlee
16-07-2011, 22:34
Not by me, but I like it a lot.

Your face may be round
But your heart is quite pure.
And girls with pure hearts
Get fewer and fewer. Very nice!

Marie Octobre
16-07-2011, 22:36
&#x202a;way back into love By Hugh Grant and Haley Bennett&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube

natlee
16-07-2011, 22:40
Second time this movie has been quoted... And I haven't even seen it... dammit. Can't remember the last time I've been to the movies :(

Marie Octobre
16-07-2011, 22:41
Second time this movie has been quoted...

I plead guilty. Haven't seen it actually. But movies are a big part of my life.

martpark
16-07-2011, 22:46
And I haven't even seen it... dammit. Can't remember the last time I've been to the movies :(

We can have an Expat movie night if you wish.

martpark
16-07-2011, 22:46
I plead guilty. Haven't seen it actually. But movies are a big part of my life.

That film was extremely popular with my teenage students of the female variety.

natlee
16-07-2011, 22:48
We can have an Expat movie night if you wish. I wish! Throw in a babysitter and I'm in :D

martpark
16-07-2011, 22:50
I wish! Throw in a babysitter and I'm in :D

TolkoR is free; he loves kids.

TolkoRaz
16-07-2011, 22:53
TolkoR is free; he loves kids.

Ouch! ;)

Reminds me of an advertisement for German Shepherd puppies I once read in a shop window, it read:

Healthy Puppies for Sale, house trained, eat anything, very fond of children!

:D

natlee
16-07-2011, 22:55
:(

TolkoRaz
16-07-2011, 22:57
I wish! Throw in a babysitter and I'm in :D

When you have finished with the babysitter, please send her round to my place - hope she can also cook? :D

martpark
16-07-2011, 22:59
Expat card can be used at Dom Cinema. A bit of advanced planning and we are there.

Marie Octobre
16-07-2011, 22:59
That film was extremely popular with my teenage students of the female variety.

Did you use it for expanding their vocabulary?

TolkoRaz
16-07-2011, 23:00
Just ask Willy how much TolkoRaz loves kids.

Come on, you know that you can ask Willy anything - he is afterall the font of all knowledge :D

If you are lucky, he might even dig out and post a YouTube clip! ;)

natlee
16-07-2011, 23:01
Expat card can be used at Dom Cinema. A bit of advanced planning and we are there. Don't have the card, don't have the babysitter... the boys are being mean again.. I'm out :(

martpark
16-07-2011, 23:04
Did you use it for expanding their vocabulary?

I didn't watch it with them but these Russian teens would quote it to me and played 'that' song at Xmas.

Marie Octobre
16-07-2011, 23:09
I didn't watch it with them but these Russian teens would quote it to me and played 'that' song at Xmas.

Those teenagers are so lucky. When I was a teenager I would listen to Sophia Rotaru.

martpark
16-07-2011, 23:18
Those teenagers are so lucky. When I was a teenager I would listen to Sophia Rotaru.

Hmmm....I'll have to youtube that one. ;)

Marie Octobre
16-07-2011, 23:36
Hmmm....I'll have to youtube that one. ;)

Don't. Our hearts were so innocent back then we used to fall in love listening to songs that nowadays one would only hear from a mix tape in a supermarket.

martpark
16-07-2011, 23:38
Don't. Our hearts were so innocent back then we used to fall in love listening to songs that nowadays one would only hear from a mix tape in a supermarket.

I always rock out when walking in Perekrestok.

Marie Octobre
16-07-2011, 23:41

I don't know what 'rock out' means. Maybe even in more ways than I can imagine.

natlee
16-07-2011, 23:43

:D

Marie Octobre
16-07-2011, 23:47
I remember being very impressed with this song, for instance. My heart would really respond to every 'hello'. Haven't heard it for ages.

&#x202a;Lionel Richie - Hello&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube

martpark
17-07-2011, 00:09
I remember being very impressed with this song, for instance. My heart would really respond to every 'hello'. Haven't heard it for ages.

&#x202a;Lionel Richie - Hello&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDZcqBgCS74&feature=related)

I used to sit at the school dances ignoring Lionel 'dancing on the ceiling'.

Inola
17-07-2011, 00:13
Thanks, Marie!

Like the song too, but never seen the video before!

The final "hello" is accompanied by so out-of-place gesture (to underline the culmination charged with emotions I guess) that i jumped up on my sofa! :D

Marie Octobre
17-07-2011, 00:15
I used to sit at the school dances ignoring Lionel 'dancing on the ceiling'.

I just watched it on youtube. There are moves! Did everybody do the moves?

martpark
17-07-2011, 00:28
I just watched it on youtube. There are moves! Did everybody do the moves?

Not sure that the teeming mass of teens were as 'good' as those people but on another note, Lionel was in a special room, purpose built for dancing on the ceiling in that video. We didn't need cheap PC effects back then. :nerd:

alouette
17-07-2011, 00:32
Hey!!! Does anybody know what happened to lissey? She started the thread and disappeared. Committed suicide or found her new American love?

alouette
17-07-2011, 00:47
See post #176

Oh, no, it was in No172. Disheartened was she? Failed to find her American mister perfect here ;).

Bels
17-07-2011, 00:54
I would suggest you follow your thread and tell us how you feel now. What do you think of about aBrit for example? Many Russians think we are the same as Americans, but we are not!

I say read the person, and not the nationality of the person.

What do you think now? looking back. Learn from yor experiences I say.

Are you still here by the way? If not? Please at least close your thread.

Bels
17-07-2011, 00:58
Common problem here, those who start threads fail to continue and control their threads, and somehow simply disappear.

My guess is that the American wasn't as great and terrific as she first thought. Common story!

Marie Octobre
17-07-2011, 01:02
I would suggest you follow your thread and tell us how you feel now. What do you think of about aBrit for example? Many Russians think we are the same as Americans, but we are not!

The famous Bels Mikey Tong is always talking about:coffee:

alouette
17-07-2011, 01:06
Ummmmm... we're pretty much all great and terrific. Except me. I am AWESOME!

Ага, сам себя не похвалишь.... ;)

alouette
17-07-2011, 01:08
A Russian saying. Sorry, couldn't help.

TZski
17-07-2011, 01:20
First you say:

Many Russians think we are the same as Americans, but we are not!

I say read the person, and not the nationality of the person.

And then you say:

My guess is that the American wasn't as great and terrific as she first thought. Common story!

You're just a dumbass...

Oh yeah...and one more:

Common problem here, those who start threads fail to continue and control their threads, and somehow simply disappear.

Umm yeah... Like the common problem of people replying in threads without actually reading the previous posts!! She just posted in this thread last night...

alouette
17-07-2011, 01:21
And I can't help being awesome.

Also 'great and terrific'. You should PM lissey and comfort a poor girl.

martpark
17-07-2011, 01:22
Also 'great and terrific'. You should PM lissey and comfort a poor girl.

You could do the same. You seem overly concerned. ;)

Nephalion
17-07-2011, 03:00
And I haven't even seen it... dammit. Can't remember the last time I've been to the movies :(

...but...

MickeyTong
17-07-2011, 03:41
So true :(

"Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have
Kicked you around some
Tell me why you wanna lay there,
Revel in your abandon

Honey, it dont make no difference to me
Baby, everybodys had to fight to be free
You see, you dont have to live like a refugee
No baby, you dont have to live like a refugee"

&#x202a;Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Refugee&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube

Nephalion
17-07-2011, 04:43
"Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have
Kicked you around some
Tell me why you wanna lay there,
Revel in your abandon

Honey, it dont make no difference to me
Baby, everybodys had to fight to be free
You see, you dont have to live like a refugee
No baby, you dont have to live like a refugee"

&#x202a;Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Refugee&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFnOfpIJL0M&feature=fvsr)

no harm in some Tom Petty at this time of the morning :)

Inola
17-07-2011, 07:03
Hey!!! Does anybody know what happened to lissey? She started the thread and disappeared. Committed suicide or found her new American love?

Hey guys,

I met lissey in real life, she is a very sweet girl and very shy too. Says she was not expecting to attract so much attention, and the tread got longer and people talked about other things she thought there was no point to follow-up.

I told her that meanwhile a lot of people still react to her original post (no wonder - with such a catchy subject:) ) and ask her questions..

As for brits - she actually mentioned having spent 1,5 year in GB.. Suppose you are not to her liking guys, if she ended up with a yank:D

TolkoRaz
17-07-2011, 07:29
Lissey is more than welcome to come drown her sorrows at the bar.

As longs as she pays for what she drinks! :redcard:

Willy
17-07-2011, 07:39
Just ask Willy how much TolkoRaz loves kids.

Can you get though one thread without talking about Willy?

It really eats at you don't it.

natlee
17-07-2011, 10:28
Ага, сам себя не похвалишь.... ;)

;)

soprty
17-07-2011, 12:49

Dear lissey,

I am an Italian/America (worst combo ever) but if you need a stranger to talk to, I will be happy to listen. In cases like this it is not important to offer advice but rather just listen. I have a 4 month baby so I don't have a great deal of time on weekends but during the week always have time for a cup of coffee. Good luck with everything, sorry for the late message and I do feel your pain.

Ciao and always keep your chin up!

NotMe
17-07-2011, 14:19
Dear lissey,

I am an Italian/America (worst combo ever) but if you need a stranger to talk to, I will be happy to listen. In cases like this it is not important to offer advice but rather just listen. I have a 4 month baby so I don't have a great deal of time on weekends but during the week always have time for a cup of coffee. Good luck with everything, sorry for the late message and I do feel your pain.

Ciao and always keep your chin up!

Had no idea that angels in the flesh do still exist. :)

Inola
17-07-2011, 14:26
Had no idea that angels in the flesh do still exist. :)

Soprty is very sweet indeed :11629: :)

natlee
17-07-2011, 14:28
Had no idea that angels in the flesh do still exist. :) Was thinking the exact same thing... no wonder he's taken!!! :(

NotMe
17-07-2011, 14:43
Was thinking the exact same thing... no wonder he's taken!!! :(

Angels and devils are always taken, because they are stand out the most way in life, as separate from the crowd. ;)

soprty
17-07-2011, 14:51
Appreciate the very kind words! I really feel my life changed so much when my little princess was born. I mean my life was good before but something was definitely missing and I think all you moms and dads out there know what I mean. I honestly can’t say that I have a great relationship at the moment but all I need to do is look at my little one and nothing else matters. Just so you understand a little better, here is the love of my life..everyone, this is Anastasia

natlee
17-07-2011, 15:57
Appreciate the very kind words! I really feel my life changed so much when my little princess was born. I mean my life was good before but something was definitely missing and I think all you moms and dads out there know what I mean. I honestly can’t say that I have a great relationship at the moment but all I need to do is look at my little one and nothing else matters. Just so you understand a little better, here is the love of my life..everyone, this is Anastasia She is beautiful and you are one very lucky daddy! As for your relationship... perhaps it has a little smth to do with the new baby, give it time and be patient :)

Marie Octobre
17-07-2011, 22:53
Appreciate the very kind words! I really feel my life changed so much when my little princess was born. I mean my life was good before but something was definitely missing and I think all you moms and dads out there know what I mean. I honestly can’t say that I have a great relationship at the moment but all I need to do is look at my little one and nothing else matters. Just so you understand a little better, here is the love of my life..everyone, this is Anastasia

She looks so happy it's impossible not to smile back. And that is just on photograph. Must be a real heart-stealer in real life:)

soprty
17-07-2011, 23:14
She looks so happy it's impossible not to smile back. And that is just on photograph. Must be a real heart-stealer in real life:)

Yeah absolutely! As I said, the world now makes sense to me:):)