PDA

View Full Version : What was that perfume?

Velectro
06-07-2011, 23:34
Hi all

I'm hoping you can help. When I was in Moscow last autumn I smelled the most beautiful perfume on several women, I don't know the language well enough to stop and ask them, I wish I did! It was very clean and fresh, I currently wear prada tendre and it reminded me of that.

I can only think it must be the most popular perfume in Moscow/Russia right now, but lots of googling hasn't revealed the answer.

Any ideas?

muddyleopard
07-07-2011, 02:21
Onions ;)

Velectro
07-07-2011, 02:34
Lol!

DavidB
07-07-2011, 02:37
Desperation.

I can confirm this. It's a fresh, romantic, energetic and modern* new fragrance by Ivana Sposoreva.

* my ex worked as one of those perfume biatches in a department store. Any fragrance can be described this way, even if it smells like a camel's butt. :D

soprty
07-07-2011, 02:38
:rofl::rofl:

tvadim133
07-07-2011, 07:28
Hi all

I'm hoping you can help. When I was in Moscow last autumn I smelled the most beautiful perfume on several women, I don't know the language well enough to stop and ask them, I wish I did! It was very clean and fresh, I currently wear prada tendre and it reminded me of that.

I can only think it must be the most popular perfume in Moscow/Russia right now, but lots of googling hasn't revealed the answer.

Any ideas?

It is impossible to answer this question.

What I know, Channel has very good Market Share, so probably it is smth from it's collection.

As for men's, good market share goes to Kenzo.

But again the choice is so huge, that it is worth asking the exact person, whose perfume, you liked, what he/she wears indeed

lissey
08-07-2011, 10:56
Maybe it was Chanel Chance? It seems to me that it's been VERY popular for the last few years in Moscow, funny but I can't stand that perfume!

lissey
08-07-2011, 13:49
Eau de Gold digger?

Haha, I don't think that diggers may smell nice :)

TolkoRaz
08-07-2011, 14:23
May be it was called 'Wonderment'? ;)

Must copywright that name now before Chanel steal it! :D

sweetfart
08-07-2011, 17:58
Onions ;)

lol Well, I was rather shocked when I went up the escalator behind a beautiful Muscovite woman in a beautiful fur coat, only to realize she absolutely reaked of armpit and onions.

Well, I doubt ALL the women you were around wore the same scent so it could all just be the same to you. One popular scent you can try to sniff is Burberry London. It's pretty popular and it sounds like the description you gave. (reminded me of Prada originally) Try it and see if that's the one. I have it and I love it but I get desensitized to it after 15 min so I can't smell it anymore. :( It was expensive too. Plus, I don't need perfume bc I take showers every morning and I barely sweat. But I'll let you know of any other scents I can think of.

sweetfart
08-07-2011, 17:59
And hopefully it's not Chanel. Chanel is old lady perfume. Makes my eyes water.

Ulyana.de.fine
08-07-2011, 23:24
lol Well, I was rather shocked when I went up the escalator behind a beautiful Muscovite woman in a beautiful fur coat, only to realize she absolutely reaked of armpit and onions.

Well, I doubt ALL the women you were around wore the same scent so it could all just be the same to you. One popular scent you can try to sniff is Burberry London. It's pretty popular and it sounds like the description you gave. (reminded me of Prada originally) Try it and see if that's the one. I have it and I love it but I get desensitized to it after 15 min so I can't smell it anymore. :( It was expensive too. Plus, I don't need perfume bc I take showers every morning and I barely sweat. But I'll let you know of any other scents I can think of.

OMW! Surely you dont wear parfume to disguse the BO and onions!!!:yikes:

mercyme001
08-07-2011, 23:59
vodka?

alouette
09-07-2011, 00:25
Hi all

Any ideas?

Do not listen to the rubbish some people placed here. If a perfume was popular here, it must have been popular worldwide. Try Google search for 'last autumn perfumes'

sweetfart
09-07-2011, 02:38
OMW! Surely you dont wear parfume to disguse the BO and onions!!!:yikes:

No, to be honest I used to be really into perfume back in the day because I thought it would help attract the boys yanno. But all I attracted were bees and fruit flies. The boys would follow the scent too, but they ran away screaming as soon as I took my mask off.

tasel
09-07-2011, 13:27
As far as i know and when asked some girls they say they use Kenzo & Dior.

NotMe
09-07-2011, 13:32
And hopefully it's not Chanel. Chanel is old lady perfume. Makes my eyes water.

Not exactly. :)

Try Chanel mademoiselle.
Young ladies are the target audience for this perfume. ;)

Veto4ka
09-07-2011, 21:59
I doubt that there is a such thing like perfume fashion...

TolkoRaz
09-07-2011, 22:06
Young ladies are the target audience

Young ladies are always the target audience! :D

tvadim133
09-07-2011, 22:07
lol Plus, I don't need perfume

Taking into account your nickname, I can understand why you do not need it! :)

chartreuse
10-07-2011, 08:50
When I was in Moscow last autumn I smelled the most beautiful perfume on several women
Any ideas?

Most likely one of the old (from the late 70's or 80's) French perfume. Russian girls are very conservative. Her mother had that perfume -- she has it now too. I smell a lot of it in the Metro. My personal all time favorite is Champs Elysees by Guerlain, but I don't get it at all in Moscow. They all wear that ridiculous scent of the late 70's here. So you should start your search somewhere there.