PDA

View Full Version : The Complete Kit To Move To Moscow

liuboi
12-11-2003, 07:39
Folks, I've recently made the decision to move to Moscow to look for that special beautiful Russian woman, the special one. I have explored options to stay there for at least a year to look for a honey. So far my plan is to go study Russian in a university and stay at the dorms. I've tried the mail order brides, but I want to live in Moscow , a new culture better than the American/materialistic one.
How did you guys move to Moscow permanently?? How Can I do the same? Can you post your personal story??
I am fortunate enough to be college educated and have the financial means to slog it for a while if I decide to look for a job. But I've decided the American dream/or nightmare is not for me.
Can an American buy a flat in Russia/Moscow or close to the city.

Intourist
12-11-2003, 09:07
Lyuboi,

Don't want to hijack your thread here but can I be brutally honest ? I just don't understand how you can up and choose a bride based on her nationality. It's crazy. I mean, yes there ARE lots of great Russian women. Truly perfect women as friends and lovers. But I've found the same type women in the US, too. And yes, I've heard of people who have "bride-hunted" here and are probably very satisfied and content. I don't know of anyone like that personally, but I'm sure it happens. What personality traits AREN'T you able to find among "Western" women, that you feel you'll find here ?

'Cause I truly don't find that the characteristics which make a woman a good wife, a soul mate, a partner for life, are determined by nationality. Is it really the myth that you'll find an undiscovered child-rearing domesticated sex-goddess ? Perfect housewife and blow-job all in one ? 'Cause that image ain't all true. I know more hard-working smart determined career-oriented Russian women than the house-wives which catalog-searchers seem to want.

If it is that myth, I think you got to question your values, obviously, about how you choose people that you spend your time with. Those aren't soul-redeeming qualities, as interesting as they may sound to a lot of the male readers. "I'll take the good cook and bj giver, who cares if she's dumber than a box of hair ?".

How do you fathom creating a life-long relationship with someone that you chose out of a catalog or agency? The regrets you must experience afterwards have gotta be enormous. So, enlighten me, flame away or take something educational away from my post. But I'm curious to hear what you, Luiboi, and others think.

Hit me.

petrolf
12-11-2003, 10:28
He Man are you for real ?
ore what is wrong with you?

dacha_culture
12-11-2003, 10:45
Buy a flat? Wow, I want to be your friend...

sfjohns67
12-11-2003, 11:01
"Folks, I've recently made the decision to move to Moscow to look for that special beautiful Russian woman, the special one."
-Sorry pal, I already married her and I did NOT find her in a catalogue!

"I have explored options to stay there for at least a year to look for a honey."
-Fer chrissakes, yer profile sez ya live in Florida...drive your lazy ice over to Daytona Beach, Ponce Inlet, New Smyrna, or Sebastion Inlet and take your pick from any of the bazillion "honeys" surfing alongside the guyz!

"I've tried the mail order brides, but I want to live in Moscow , a new culture better than the American/materialistic one."
-Um, don't you sort of contradict yourself here?

"How did you guys move to Moscow permanently?? How Can I do the same? Can you post your personal story??"
-It's an Adventurous, Open-Minded Travel Freak Thing, You Wouldn't Understand!

"I am fortunate enough to be college educated and have the financial means to slog it for a while if I decide to look for a job. But I've decided the American dream/or nightmare is not for me."
-Fine, move on over here and give all your financial means to me. I'll live the American dream for you, since I so hate to see people suffer. But I'll live it here in Moscow, thankyouverymuch!

"Can an American buy a flat in Russia/Moscow or close to the city."
-Sure, but its best not to ever leave your flat, or you'll be eaten by one of the bears found roaming openly around Moscow. And when you come, don't forget to bring your "babushka" hat!

kniga
12-11-2003, 13:48
Liuboi,

Son, you sound like you ain't got sense enough to pour piss out of a boot. Them cracker gals ain't good enough for you? Wait until one of these Russky wildcats gets aholt of you and turns yore poor, dumb ass every which way but loose. They'll skin you alive and send you skedaddlin' back home to yore mama. You gotta be dumber than owl shit to pull up stakes from the Sunshine State and plop yoreself in the middle of the Moscow winter without knowin' diddly squat about the language or culture. I ain't just talkin' through my hat, neighbor, I came here from Florida, but I speak Russian and I have a job and a nice apartment smack dab in the middle of this city, which sure as hell ain't Jacksonville.

Meanwhile, we'll start a poll to see how long we think you'll last here...

wwwoland
12-11-2003, 14:15
So you wanted the "complete kit" for moving to Moscow. How's this for a start (others feel free to add):

1) Bring toilet paper -- there hasn't been any here for years!
2) Marlboros -- for bribes such as entering restaurants with bouncers/doormen telling you "mest nyet" (no places). The Russians will do anything to get ahold of quality western cigs and your "honey" will be impressed.
3) Levis jeans -- to raise extra cash on the black market to afford high price girls hanging outside the Intourist hotel (or what's left of it)
4) Lots of aspirin -- for the after effects of the date-rape drug your new "honey" slipped you before swiping your $2000 cash, Rolex watch and your passport.
5) ATM card -- to withdraw another $2000 to afford necessary bribes to the militia for being improperly registered with OVIR and lacking a work permit. Also to include a few hundred dollars to have your passport "returned" to you.
6) 44 magnum -- to shoot the bears walking in the streets.
7) Most important: A ticket home!!!!

DJ Biscuit
12-11-2003, 14:25
Sad.

Looking for a bride, and especially choosing a particular nationality!

Are you so lonely and so unpopular with people that you have to sink that low?

Love cannot be forced or sought. You're not shopping for a certain brand of muesli!!

Are you on medication?

Finally why on earth should a Russian or female of any nationality be remotely interested in you?

I feel sick! :confused: :mad: :p

DJ Biscuit
12-11-2003, 16:45
As to a poll this pathetic little prejudiced and simple prat will last three months and then go home to spread lies about how backward it is here, you all know the rest.....

:mad: :mad:

So you think Russians aren't materialistic? Have a nice stay! :D :rolleyes:

Stella
14-11-2003, 02:49
Come on, boys, don't be so hard on him.. As they say in the used car business, "There's a seat for every ass."

liuboi
14-11-2003, 10:22
Folks , thank you all for your posts. Some very funny ones. It's not surprising that most of the negative ones come from the people that may actually live in Moscow(sorry the secret is out, Russian women are the best in the world, I can understand why you would want to keep them to yourself, Latin , and Asia has great ones too, but I like the Russian women better). I've been to Moscow many times(and many other countries in the world), so it's not an impulse decision. I've had three great girlfriends in Moscow that put any of our western female beast to shame. Yes, the babes in South Beach are great looking , but I have to drive in my Benz to pick the materialistic little sluts, I only bang them once, and tell them sayonara. The only women I have fallen in love with have been Russian women because they are sincere(unless you pick one in a bar like Chesterfields), Russian culture is better period. Take it from one that has money, Money IS NOT everything, and Money will not make you happy. It is a rather tedious drag keeping up with all your investment accounts, and all the sharks circling around you to get a piece of gold.

By the way, the beautiful girlfriends I have in Moscow have no idea about the size of my bank accounts. I've told them I am the average Joe with your regular 8 to 5 job.

But thank you , keep the advice (good and bad ) coming.

Missionary
14-11-2003, 12:16
My advice is to unburden yourself from the "rather tedious drag" and share the wealth. Money is not everything and it will not buy happiness, but it sure doesn't hurt.

kniga
14-11-2003, 12:44
Liuboi,

Welcome to Moscow! Your arrival here shouldn't put Russo-American relations back any more than about 20 years. What a fine American Ambassador to convert the myth of the Ugly American into reality you will be!

А если ты не умеешь говорить по-русски, тогда ты ничего о русской культуре не знаешь.

allice
14-11-2003, 12:49
For all the creeps that post on this site there is a great number of genuinely intelligent and funny posters. Thank you very much. You make my day brighter. :)

Intourist
14-11-2003, 12:52
You're sad, dude, and you got an inferiority complex the size of Kansas.

You say your gf's think you're an average joe, but you waisted no time flashin your supposed Benz, dough wads, and pretty gf's as proof positive that you're, what, cool ? modest with the gf's but bragging on an open forum ? Whatever.

I can kinda understand it, though, in the face of the almost unanimous virtual spanking you received here. Gotta save face and whatnot. The fact that you have no inkling of how uncool and classless it is to brag about your cash and cars or choose your "honey" from a catalog is actually evidence of why you need to come here in the first place: no native English-speaking person in their right minds would consider someone as shallow as yourself for a spouse. Maybe a Russian woman won't see through you.

Good luck, and all that. I think you'll find exactly what you deserve over here.

sfjohns67
14-11-2003, 15:14
Originally posted by Intourist
...Maybe a Russian woman won't see through you...
Ignoring the idea that this is either a) a 14 year old Florida trailer trash with nothing better to do or b) one of our fellow expats being kind enough to give us some pretty fun fodder....

Nah, they'll all see through him, even the worse carpetbaggers are smarter than this sausage-tugger. The funny thing is that the "decent, smart, intelligent Russian honey" he ends up with will be "banging away" at all his so-called friends until she figures out which of them has more money than he does, then it's...how'd he put it...sayonara baby!

Sometimes opposites attract, and other times you get just what you deserve.

dacha_culture
14-11-2003, 16:16
Wow, I don't know which is more funny: the replys or the original post. Wwwoland, good stuff man.

I have to say though, that I wouldn't even be able to take this "liuboi" character seriously if I hadn't previously met someone with his mindset. I don't know how to describe it, other than sad. This guy, who was a friend of mine, somehow had it in his head that Russian women were somehow "superior" to all other women. Well, he was also somewhat of a loser: 30-something years old, had money, never married, and didn't do anything besides substitute teach at a local high school and look through mail-order bride catologues. He always talked about going to Russia and finding a girl, but as far as I know, still hasn't made it here yet.

Loki
14-11-2003, 16:24
Someone please tell me this is a wind up, I can't believe that at the beginning of the 21st century there are still people as f***ed up as this guy.
Naive is not the word for this, more like downright bloody daft. I doubt you'll survive your first encounter with the police over here let alone find someone to put up with your BS.

Braders
14-11-2003, 16:31
Agree with Stella the poor guys been ambushed!

Each to their own i say, whatever floats yer boat :)

Akila Pils
14-11-2003, 20:07
isn't he the kind of guy that after a few months goes home with a broken ideal then?

Akila Pils
14-11-2003, 20:10
Originally posted by liuboi
The only women I have fallen in love with have been Russian women because they are sincere(unless you pick one in a bar like Chesterfields), bla bla

Allthough your songs of praisal, i've found that, Russian women do cheat on you, if sex is bad. Are you ready to provide her any other than materialistic means? Benz, bank accounts, unconditional love...?

Stella
14-11-2003, 21:36
Originally posted by Braders
Agree with Stella the poor guys been ambushed!

Each to their own i say, whatever floats yer boat :)

Stop studying the pedicure and read it again, Braders!

andylip
15-11-2003, 02:06
Son, you sound like you ain't got sense enough to pour piss out of a boot.

Nice one! Gotta remember to use that. I personally am partial to "dumber than a sackful of a--holes."

PS: Did someone actually write that "it is a rather tedious drag keeping up with all your investment accounts"?

zcyka
15-11-2003, 02:48
What fascinating resonses! I rather thought that this was the place for polite conversation and Bardak was the spot for the things like I've just read here.

Of course, I've been off the site for a couple of months and I suppose management may have changed some things. Really, though, it wasn't the sort of tone I expected to see in the cafe.

twaj
15-11-2003, 06:56
Originally posted by liuboi
I've tried the mail order brides, but I want to live in Moscow , a new culture better than the American/materialistic one.

1. You really think people here are LESS MATERIALISTIC!?!?!

2. Go here: http://www.cie.ru/ They're cheap. Something like 2800 a year.

kniga
15-11-2003, 17:49
Andylip,

Yep, that's an old Texas expression and pretty clear in its meaning like most the expressions plain folks use. And yes, this guy actually did write, "it is a rather tedious drag keeping up with all your investment accounts," which was but one of many statements that ignited the firestorm of responses that have apparently offended the tender sensibilities of zcyra.

zcyra,

No offense intended, mate, but this bozo just caused a bunch of us to fall off our normally charming decorum we use in the Cafe. BTW, your nom de plume is interesting. Apparently not Polish (or any I know); care to enlighten us as to its meaning or origin?

Akila Pils
18-11-2003, 20:05
Originally posted by Akila Pils
Allthough your songs of praisal, i've found that, Russian women do cheat on you, if sex is bad. Are you ready to provide her any other than materialistic means? Benz, bank accounts, unconditional love...?

Of course I was not talking about my own experience. Believe it or not, I wouldn't be so overt with this if it were the case.;)

twaj
19-11-2003, 12:14
Maybe not in Moscow, but in the regions women are just so ****ing needy. Materially, emotionally... they just exude neediness. When I was out in Kostroma, I saw 4 people, one of them pregnant, living in a one room apartment. Living in America, one gets the impression that women that live in conditions that intensely sub-standard are too dark-skinned and have too few teeth to consider dating (think: National Geographic.) The only other groups of hot blonde girls needy for escape are the Ukies, the Romanians, and whites fleeing violence in South Africa. I saw a nerdy looking junior analyst at PWC strutting through the Boar House a while ago with this blonde girl that I would have slit my wrists over in junior high school... why was she with him? She was from Belarus. He might as well have been Ponce de Leon.

Seriously, this country makes trailer-park living look ghetto-fabulous. The corrugated steel tied to the balconies of buildings? Try that in Harlem and you'll get an angry call from the landlord the next day. And despite it all, you can buy almost anything at half price or less (in the case of sex, way less.)

Originally posted by Intourist
Lyuboi,

Don't want to hijack your thread here but can I be brutally honest ? I just don't understand how you can up and choose a bride based on her nationality. It's crazy. I mean, yes there ARE lots of great Russian women. Truly perfect women as friends and lovers. But I've found the same type women in the US, too. And yes, I've heard of people who have "bride-hunted" here and are probably very satisfied and content. I don't know of anyone like that personally, but I'm sure it happens. What personality traits AREN'T you able to find among "Western" women, that you feel you'll find here ?

So, enlighten me, flame away or take something educational away from my post. But I'm curious to hear what you, Luiboi, and others think.

Hit me.

zcyka
23-11-2003, 03:42
[i]Originally posted by kniga \

......(stuff snipped here)....one of many statements that ignited the firestorm of responses that have apparently offended the tender sensibilities of zcyra.

zcyra,

No offense intended, mate, but this bozo just caused a bunch of us to fall off our normally charming decorum we use in the Cafe. BTW, your nom de plume is interesting. Apparently not Polish (or any I know); care to enlighten us as to its meaning or origin? [/B]

Hi Kniga:

Not to be misunderstood! I understand and can enjoy the banter, push and shove, etc, in Bardak, however that is the place reserved for that sort of thing.

While I fully understand (and am not entirely unsympathetic to) things getting under one's skin occasionally, there has to be a certain allowance for good intentions, doesn't there? (However doubtful we may perceive them to be on some occasions! ! !)

The origin of this particular non de plume was not researched before I began using it, for which I apologize. I grew up in an area where there were a number of Slovakian families and just liked "the ring" of some of their names. Zcyka comes from the parts I liked of about three different names!

Cheers,

Zcyka

DaveUKagain
23-11-2003, 04:57
Liuboi -

Go to Russia because you like Russian culture, history, the language, the pel`meni - anything at all. If you think it`s less materialistic than the US, prepare for the shock of your life.

If you want to put ads up on an expat board which effectively say "Nice gullible fella is coming to Roosya to meet GIRLS and I promise not to take you back to Amerika, wicked vipers` nest of Capitalism to ruin your beautiful natures" - you may think you`re somehow pulling the wool over the eyes of some gullible girl.......

........ you ain`t.

Whilst you`re playing games, you`ll find the kind of girls you`ll meet will be playing the same game somewhat better than you are. They will TOAST you. ;-))))))

(Speaking as someone who was royally burnt by a "typical unspoilt Russian woman" by the way. ;-))))) )

If you believe all you`ve read on the dating sites about Russian women being some kind of angelic unspoilt creatures incapable of harm, wooooooooooooo - you are going to have a six storey tall grade A1 suprise painted in International Safety Yellow.

As Twaj says - there are a lot of needy girls in Russia. They need-y something off you. ;-))))) Once they stop need-y `ing something off you..... reality will bite your zhopa. You may be 260 lbs. You may have goofy teeth or a skin complaint. You may just not be able to get a girl in Florida. You may think that that American passport or the capability to buy someone a pair of shoes may get you some fun in Russia. You may be right. But at the end of the day, when you check the balance books, you`ll find that it is, in actual fact, much MORE difficult to find the right person 10,000 miles from home, understand them and - if you DO marry `em - stay married. That`s if you`re not planning the futile job of trying to put the smarts on "a gullible Russian girl". That type of girl can chew you up and spit you out before you realise they`ve done it.

Find someone who needs nothing off you. Or you`ll get a surprise later. And this, Liuboi, is more difficult to do than in the US. Yes, there are lots of nice, professional, never married girls in Russia who`re holding out for someone special. The problem....... is finding them. ;-))))) The same applies in the US, too.

You`ll learn. At -20C.

Only go to Russia if you have some affinity for the culture and the people and the history and the language. Live there and then whatever happens, happens. Otherwise - when there`s no hot water, landlord problems, -20 outside and the drunken neighbours are smashing the flat up next door, the temptation to get on a plane and go home will be immense.

Russia is Russia. I love Russia. Not just for the girls. If you`re just going for the girls....... big mistake. Big mistake.

kniga
23-11-2003, 11:49
zcyra,

No wonder I couldn't come up with the language that might point to your nom de plume!

As to your gentle chiding as to our somewhat intemperate outbursts at liuboi, your standards of decorum and self-imposed adherence to standards must mean that you are...English! :-)

Have you lodged a complain with the site administrator (actually, there are a couple with this thankless task)? They are the final arbiters of our allowable behavior and do a pretty good job of it. These are the rules that we, the participants, go by, so if they have not called us down on what you find offensive, sorry, but I will be guided by them and not you.

Cheers, mate!

malta
26-11-2003, 13:02
Honey, let me tell you - your russian gfs did not thing of you as an average Joe. you might have been telling them you had a regular 8-5 job, but were you telling them that in perfect russian? Being an american automatically makes you "rich" in their eyes. Most russians percieve people coming from the west as rich... Another thing, when you are with a girl here think about this "does she truly love me, or does she just want a green card?" hint: if she looks like she would be out of you league back home it is probably the latter one.

on a practical note: yes you can buy a flat here if you have the cash :) being an american makes practically no difference, just be careful - you might get cheated and loose your money...