PDA

View Full Version : Yakimanka kids store unbelievably poor

Matt24
02-07-2011, 20:51
We tried to return a pair of jeans to the huge & hugely expensive kids store on Yakimanka, called Yakimanka - we felt pretty safe that the absence of one half of the fly button snap thingy, would be sufficient reason to replace, however manager a young dumb insolent blond agreed that the product was clearly not up to standard, but it was our fault and indeed very much our problem If we were stupid enough to buy them in the first place- Internet stores are considerably cheaper, and Winnie, Detsky Mir & Kangeroo offer less savings than the Internet but a customer experience a zillion times more positive. Suggest fellow young parents avoid this store like the plague

robertmf
02-07-2011, 21:07
:whisper: Боже ты мой - In the olde USSR days you had "shopping" at the one and only one Детский Мир and there wasn't much there. Today's Russia is Consumer Heaven, comparatively speaking :)

:fireworks: :celebrate:

FatAndy
02-07-2011, 21:32
Rob, don't pump panic. That times in Moscow there were DM branches, I remember one of them at Grimau street, not far from m. Akademicheskaya, I can't say it had full spectrum of goods, but there were some. Of course, not such wide variety, like now, but quite enough.

Matt, very probably youve got into this http://www.detmir.ru/shops/item/id/159/ - they position themselves as separate legal entity, specializing in luxury goods for children, although in the DM chain.

For "normal" ones :D check the list:
http://www.detmir.ru/shops/

:whisper: Боже ты мой - In the olde USSR days you had "shopping" at the one and only one Детский Мир and there wasn't much there. Today's Russia is Consumer Heaven, comparatively speaking :)

:fireworks: :celebrate:

bob-b-d
03-07-2011, 10:52
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG COUNTRY! :vampire:

robertmf
03-07-2011, 13:58
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG COUNTRY! :vampire:

:7525: It is reassuring to hear some Russian traditions have not changed ... :Loco:

FatAndy
03-07-2011, 14:05
No problems, we obviously hate Matt24 - mutual feelings!

This post is anti-Russian! Matt24 obviously hates all Russians! :mml:

Matt24
03-07-2011, 15:23
No problems, we obviously hate Matt24 - mutual feelings!

Fair enough, delete all the necessary etc I'll not darken these forums further.

Matt

Periwinkle
03-07-2011, 16:10
Fair enough, delete all the necessary etc I'll not darken these forums further.

Matt

I think it is a joke about hating Russia/Russians etc. There are members who take every negative experience people post about as being anti-Russian and get snappy. I think Drtsnw as proven his point and does not need to keep repeating it - not everyone gets it.

FatAndy
03-07-2011, 18:25
Exactly Matt - it was joke mentioning somebody else. Don't take it too close to your heart, I'm sorry! 8)

Matt- It was just a joke.

natlee
06-07-2011, 23:03
manager a young dumb insolent blond agreed that the product was clearly not up to standard, but it was our fault and indeed very much our problem If we were stupid enough to buy them in the first place Sorry to hear abt your experience and thanks for the warning. Very, very odd and messed up, even for Russia.

samhaina
07-07-2011, 00:40
Matt24, I think you should have asked a book of complaints

This damned system of not being polite (at least) works until we do smth to show that it is punishable.
I can understand this girl doesnt really like her job and it is all about that in Russia but honestly its not a customer's problem.

I can also advise one Russian TV program which helps to choose high quality goods (food mostly). This show doesnt cooperate with advertisers. on Russian only, sorry.
3w.1tv.ru/sprojects/si=5716