PDA

View Full Version : Granted Permanent Residency

cyprusjeff
24-08-2007, 12:31
Yesterday I received a letter from the Stavropol Immigration Service telling me that my application for Permanent Residency had been approved and that I have been granted the status of a Permanent Resident in Russia with effect from 28th June 2007.

Much relief!!!!!

A few words about my application:
1. I am married to a Russian lady.
2. I own property in Russia.
3. I am retired, my sole source of income is a UK Army Pension.
4. I held Temporary Residency for 18 months prior to my application.
5. The application took some 8 months to process.

There has been talk on this Forum about what the authorities require regarding monies held by applicants in their bank balance. I had to show proof that I held 5.000 roubles!
Yes, only 5.000 roubles, thatís all.

A very happy and relieved,

Jeff Gordon.

kris
24-08-2007, 12:37
thanks Jeff for information.I am also planning to get Permanent Residency :thumbsup:

ezik
24-08-2007, 19:12
Yesterday I received a letter from the Stavropol Immigration Service telling me that my application for Permanent Residency had been approved and that I have been granted the status of a Permanent Resident in Russia with effect from 28th June 2007.

Much relief!!!!!

There has been talk on this Forum about what the authorities require regarding monies held by applicants in their bank balance. I had to show proof that I held 5.000 roubles!
Yes, only 5.000 roubles, thatís all.

Jeff Gordon.

Congrats, Jeff! Great news.
Do you have any idea if the 18 months residency permit also requires only 5000 roubles?

Bels
24-08-2007, 19:39
Many Congratulations Jeff. Can you tell me what extra benefits you have for permanent residency in comparison to temp? Are there any disadvantages? Do you ever want to return to your own, and are there any restrictions?

Clean32
24-08-2007, 21:30
firstly congrats

just to clear up the money thing, 5000 rbls is to prove you can pay your accomidation tax, thats a local / moscow rule, up here it was 3500.

the talk bout haveing money in the bank, well you have a pention coming in so that covers that. its income, or money in the bank.

with Res the travel requirements or exit visa is gone. you can come and go as you please. only thing you have to do is re register every 12 months thats it.

Bels
24-08-2007, 21:42
I don't think the matter is cleared up yet. There was a recent post stating you need a shocking high figure which simply isn't true. And its quite serious as it may put some expats off going for permanent or temporary residency visa. The above posts figures seems about right. Or maybe pensioners and married couples are a separate issue.

ezik
24-08-2007, 21:58
firstly congrats

just to clear up the money thing, 5000 rbls is to prove you can pay your accomidation tax, thats a local / moscow rule, up here it was 3500.

the talk bout haveing money in the bank, well you have a pention coming in so that covers that. its income, or money in the bank.

with Res the travel requirements or exit visa is gone. you can come and go as you please. only thing you have to do is re register every 12 months thats it.

Aha, so instead of having a huge bank account (which I don't) a translated income statement (which I do and it's a good one :) ) and possible an employer's statement would suffice as well?

I own property, married, have a steady job for a Dutch company (here on a business visa now).

Looks like we're getting there in terms of clarity. :)

24-08-2007, 22:30
Some months ago, a friend from the EU began the process for a residence permit. He put $50k on his Russian bank account, got an attestation from the bank (then withdrawed the money :).
Anyway the local antenna of the Federal Migration Service did NOT take his letter. The guy told "no need, you are married with a RF citizen since 10 years and own your apartment".

I called a friend in the service, he told me exactly "Sometimes we don't need it"! So IMO better to have this paper, probably if you haven't you will be asked for it. And if you have it, it won't be used....

Judge
24-08-2007, 23:27
Nice one Jeff, crack open a bottle of bubbly.

Clean32
24-08-2007, 23:45
I don't think the matter is cleared up yet. There was a recent post stating you need a shocking high figure which simply isn't true. And its quite serious as it may put some expats off going for permanent or temporary residency visa. The above posts figures seems about right. Or maybe pensioners and married couples are a separate issue.

"shocking high figure which simply isn't true." 47 K USD is a shocking high figger ???

Lets put it this way why would any country let anyone stay in there counrtry, if thay had no visable means of suport ???
i know of 1 expat who has been here for 18 years, hes an english teacher and he was the first ( this year) that had to have this money in a russian bank! i would also say hes an english teacher and 99% of his income is not tax payed, al so he tryed to do all the OVIR stuff himself, Much better to have your wife or even better have your mum in law do it.

Your statment is out of order, this is russia, russia has russian laws just like your country, and one day someone may read these russian laws

Clean32
24-08-2007, 23:48
ops just had a look HES NOT IN MOSCOW, bet he didnt have to wait in line, probably was even given a chair in the OVIR office, sheesh all he needed to do was smile and when asked say he likes russia very much and hay presto 1 visa LOL

cyprusjeff
25-08-2007, 00:17
Congrats, Jeff! Great news.
Do you have any idea if the 18 months residency permit also requires only 5000 roubles?

Not quite sure what you mean?

Like everyone else my Temporary Residency was for 3 years and you may apply for Permanent Residency AFTER completing 12 months and BEFORE your 3 years expires. Bearing in mind how long it takes to process your application for Permanent Residency I would advise applying before or about your 2 year point.

Do not know what the situation would be if your Temporary Residency expired BEFORE your application for Permanent Residency was processed?
Regards,

Jeff.

Clean32
25-08-2007, 01:25
Not quite sure what you mean?

Like everyone else my Temporary Residency was for 3 years and you may apply for Permanent Residency AFTER completing 12 months and BEFORE your 3 years expires. Bearing in mind how long it takes to process your application for Permanent Residency I would advise applying before or about your 2 year point.

Do not know what the situation would be if your Temporary Residency expired BEFORE your application for Permanent Residency was processed?
Regards,

Jeff.

i got my Res in 15 months all up, 12 months on temp res, and then 3 months for my res to be prossesed. I was under the impression that temp res was 3 years, but when i piced up my visa at the OVIR and the woman said com back next october ? i just said sure, but then i own property and have a wife and 1/2 russkie son. so why it didnt take 3 years i doint realy know but i am not going to complain eather

Bels
25-08-2007, 21:17
ops just had a look HES NOT IN MOSCOW, bet he didnt have to wait in line, probably was even given a chair in the OVIR office, sheesh all he needed to do was smile and when asked say he likes russia very much and hay presto 1 visa LOL

It's not that easy, I live outside Moscow, using another local government. In fact most Russians say everything in Moscow is easier as they are what's called westernised and more efficient. They say say for example that all medicals are in one place in Moscow, that everyone is not constantly asking for bribes, That they don't ignore the federal rules of Moscow and don't put their own in or laugh about the federal laws you quote. No I think it's probably easier in Moscow.

Clean32
25-08-2007, 23:20
It's not that easy, I live outside Moscow, using another local government. In fact most Russians say everything in Moscow is easier as they are what's called westernised and more efficient. They say say for example that all medicals are in one place in Moscow, that everyone is not constantly asking for bribes, That they don't ignore the federal rules of Moscow and don't put their own in or laugh about the federal laws you quote. No I think it's probably easier in Moscow.

I understand what you are saying but I must disagree, Based on the number of posts that were on this site before the big Crash. When I was reading about how to do my temp res etc.
My understanding is that all expats have to go to the 1 ovir office in Moscow. thatís all non Russians in Moscow oblast, going to the same office medical centers etc. That a shit load of people going to one place. in the other oblasts you can do your temp res at just about any city with a population over 500K.
Medicals again based on what I have read, the medicals are not all in one place, and that there is a hell of a lot of driving all over Moscow to do this. STP on the other hand is all in one place. Where I am I had to go to 3 different medical centers, but then they are only 20mins max apart.
Bribes no never paid one donít know of any one who has, never read about bribes and ovir at all.

Out of Moscow you are treated with some curiosity, i.e. you get to queue jump, get a chair ETC. Now this is a point, if you have a Russian wife and the OVIR asks why you want to stay in Russia. say because my government will not allow my wife to live in my country. After that its almost just a rubber stamp

out of moscow you are treted with some quriosity, ie you get to que jump, get a chair ETC. now this is a point, if you have a russian wife and the OVIR askes why you want to stay in russia. say becouse my govement will not alow my wife to live in my country. after that its almost just a rubber stamp

Maxim
26-08-2007, 11:48
i got my Res in 15 months all up, 12 months on temp res, and then 3 months for my res to be prossesed. I was under the impression that temp res was 3 years, but when i piced up my visa at the OVIR and the woman said com back next october ? Its because once a year you need to proove that you are still in Russia.

Clean32
26-08-2007, 16:51
Its because once a year you need to proove that you are still in Russia.

LOL she said come back to do my res.
But i agree with you haveing to register every 12 months is for that. now days its easy at the postoffice and not at the police.

Maxim
26-08-2007, 23:32
But i agree with you haveing to register every 12 months is for that. now days its easy at the postoffice and not at the police.No, there is another procedure to approving your residenship. I don't know details - just saw a list of documents on a wall in FMS.

Clean32
26-08-2007, 23:36
i sgined 2 bits of paper, had a bit of paper to say i didnt work so didnt pay any tax, thats it

Bels
26-08-2007, 23:49
"shocking high figure which simply isn't true." 47 K USD is a shocking high figger ???

Lets put it this way why would any country let anyone stay in there counrtry, if thay had no visable means of suport ???
i know of 1 expat who has been here for 18 years, hes an english teacher and he was the first ( this year) that had to have this money in a russian bank! i would also say hes an english teacher and 99% of his income is not tax payed, al so he tryed to do all the OVIR stuff himself, Much better to have your wife or even better have your mum in law do it.

Your statment is out of order, this is russia, russia has russian laws just like your country, and one day someone may read these russian laws

An employed English teacher, have you any idea how much these poor people earn. He'd be lucky to save anything at all. And may we asume he had wife and family here?

Bels
26-08-2007, 23:52
The laws of the land is that you don't need that much in your bank account. I have been accepted for a lot less.

Clean32
27-08-2007, 02:37
The laws of the land is that you don't need that much in your bank account. I have been accepted for a lot less.

The laws of the land state that you have to have money in the bank simple.
47K usd is what the OVIR has decided you need, again simple!
I was one of the peaple who did have to have 47Kusd in the bank, so doint disagree with me becouse i had to have it, and there are plenty of otheres who are the same. if you feal that strong about what you know post it on the othere site and see what happens.

if you cant put 47K togeather then do something else. again i know of english teachers who are pocketing over 5K usd a month

Clean32
27-08-2007, 04:41
ops add to the above, a russian police report to say i have been a good boy.

Bels, flick me an email, i have some info on income for you

dick
27-08-2007, 04:41
Don't dissagree with Clean32 you can tell how smart he is by his spelling. I think it depends on where you are and how long you've been here. Each OVIR can make their own rules.

Bels
27-08-2007, 12:13
I can only assume the same.

Different applicants are judged in different circumstances. For example if you or your wife are working with a regular income. Do you have your own property? Lenth of time of marriage and whether you have children can make a big difference. Only got this verbally bit in these circumstances you have every right to have a temp Residency as the family should be cared for and a family should not be separated from husband and Father.

I don't believe employed teachers have such salaries in Russia any more, the British Council has moved out. How ever I do know of teachers who have worked hard and developed their own individual students or groups. They work privately cutting out the middlemen. I am one of these people and look forward to earning £500 per week come mid September. But it took me several years to develop.

Maxim
27-08-2007, 15:06
No need to have money now to get residency.

Fantastika
27-08-2007, 22:24
No need to have money now to get residency.

What, what, what ???

Maxim
27-08-2007, 22:33
What, what, what ???
That's what they told me when I was there last week. No need to prove your income etc.

Fantastika
27-08-2007, 22:48
That's what they told me when I was there last week. No need to prove your income etc.

You da man!

28-08-2007, 00:17
You da man!

That is perfectly true in theory since May BUT some local OVIR still ask a proof of funds.

SKonovalov
28-08-2007, 19:22
Hi,

I just saw your post and I have a question. I am married to a Russian man and we have been living in NY for the past 7 years. Now he wants to move back to Russia. Would you let me know how to start the process to gain residency? I lived in Russia before for two years but I was working for the government. Now, I will be going back without a job.

Thanks,
SKonovalov

Clean32
28-08-2007, 20:02
you shouldint have a problem.

the key thing is registration, a permanint address. it could even be your inlaws?

once this is sorted then you will know what OVIR office you will be dealing with.

or if you have the time you can do it all from where you are, it may be a bit slower but it will be more comfortable than ariving here with much medicals etc still to do

SKonovalov
28-08-2007, 22:16
Thanks! This is very helpful. We will be living with my inlaws at first so we already have an address and my husband already had a job offer.

kazachka
30-08-2007, 14:47
I went to FMS yesterday to get the documents to apply. Somehow I think it's too good to be true but the woman told me that you no longer have to prove you have amount X in your local account. Still, I'm not holding my breath and haven't wired money out of my local acct to the US for some time as I don't know how much I'll be asked to prove I have in the bank here should I be asked.

Bels
31-08-2007, 23:00
Two useful official sites for the Brits. Don't get ripped off by agents which you be flooded with in a search.

For legalising or appostille documents : Home†Foreign & Commonwealth Office (http://www.fco.gov.uk)

For birth certificatas, marriage certificates etc General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths (http://www.gro.gov.uk)

You may need thes sites for temp residency or getting married here for example. I always trust anything with gov.uk address.

cyprusjeff
01-09-2007, 00:19
But i agree with you haveing to register every 12 months is for that. now days its easy at the postoffice and not at the police.

If you have Permanent Residency there is no requirement to register each and every year now. I registered my Permanent Residency yesterday and was told "come back in 4 and a half years to re-register your Permanent Residency".

Cheers,

Jeff

Clean32
01-09-2007, 00:24
its just getting easyer and easyer.

tudzikot
02-09-2007, 14:07
Hi,
I have been married for 5 years now. My husband is Russian and I would like to apply for temporary citizenship as I am fed up to have business visa every year. We own a property.What is the real procedure, what is about the medicals your talking about in the previous posts? Is it true you cannot move Residence and also you have to ask an exit visa every time you need to go out of the country? What are the documents needed?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Cheers

cyprusjeff
02-09-2007, 16:58
Hi,
I have been married for 5 years now. My husband is Russian and I would like to apply for temporary citizenship as I am fed up to have business visa every year. We own a property.What is the real procedure, what is about the medicals your talking about in the previous posts? Is it true you cannot move Residence and also you have to ask an exit visa every time you need to go out of the country? What are the documents needed?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Cheers

You do mean Temporary Residency rather than Temporary Citizenship don't you?

See my Thread 'Obtained Temporary Residency' of the 14th Jun 05. The procedure and documents are listed in this thread.

Yes, you are required to obtain an Exit Visa for each and every trip you make out of the country whilst on Temporary Residency, not so once you acquire Permanent Residency.

Not sure on the laws regarding moving residence, you will have to make further enquiries regarding this point.

Any way I can help then just email me?

Regards,

Jeff

Bels
02-09-2007, 17:07
Is it still in the memory of this forum Jeff. I think they have had a problem since you have been away.

Bels
02-09-2007, 17:14
Sorry Jeff, it's there. By clicking Cyprujeffs name and clicking his previous posts you will find it. Looks like I have more to learn.

cyprusjeff
02-09-2007, 17:15
Is it still in the memory of this forum Jeff. I think they have had a problem since you have been away.

I found it by clicking on the 'find all threads started by CyprusJeff' from within my Public Profile.

Cheers,

Jeff.

Bels
02-09-2007, 17:18
That's what I meant. :)

phoenixsampras
09-11-2007, 02:09

Much relief!!!!!

Yes, only 5.000 roubles, that’s all.

Jeff Gordon.

Cheers Jeff, would youmind to share the requirements for the Permanent Res by Obir ? i got a 3 year visa and in some months ill acomplish the 1st year so i want to start preparing the papers. thanks in advance.

cyprusjeff
09-11-2007, 18:13
Cheers Jeff, would youmind to share the requirements for the Permanent Res by Obir ? i got a 3 year visa and in some months ill acomplish the 1st year so i want to start preparing the papers. thanks in advance.

Hi,
Only too willing to help.

Presumably your 3 year visa is your Temporary Residency?

Once you have acquired your Temp Residency you are quite correct when you say that you have to wait until the 12 month point before you are eligible to apply for your Permanent Residency.
The documents I had to submit are detailed below, check with your local OVIR that the goalposts have not changed.

1. Notarized copy of your passport with translation.

2. 6 photographs.

3. Medical Certificate saying that you have been checked and cleared for TB, STD, Heart, Drugs use and that you are mentally fit and healthy.
Note. You now have to obtain a HIV Certificate, passing the blood test is no longer sufficient.

4. Marriage Certificate notarized and translated.

5. Proof of owning property document and proof that you are registered in that property.

6. Proof that you have sufficient funds lodged in the bank. I had to show proof of 5,000 roubles, that amount may well have changed. They require 2 photocopies of this document.

Some of the above you may well have had to supply for your Temp Residency, they require that you provide the above AGAIN.

Lastly, do check with your local OVIR in case extra documents are required.

Good luck,

Jeff.