PDA

View Full Version : Reputation comments

Sidney Bliss
24-08-2007, 11:28
Wasn't there was a vote some time ago where the majority of members agreed that sh*tty sly comments couldn't be sent anonymously anymore?

dick
27-08-2007, 13:47
I wish there was, nobody here can figure out what I've been trying to point out and who. I guess you need to spell it out for them, I can't believe I get away with some of the stuff I write here and can't believe that some people have been for years using snide comments and racist remarks are still here. But you see what you get if you bring up the question, nothing.

Andy B
27-08-2007, 13:56
Dick, don't worry... the way you are going you won't be here much longer anyway :)

ezik
27-08-2007, 20:32
I wish there was, nobody here can figure out what I've been trying to point out and who. I guess you need to spell it out for them, I can't believe I get away with some of the stuff I write here and can't believe that some people have been for years using snide comments and racist remarks are still here. But you see what you get if you bring up the question, nothing.

You are getting away with stuff you write as long as others allow it. When they don't allow it, you get the following:
- warning or infraction from one of us mods
- negative rep comments by other users.

In my opinion, these are enough checks and balances to make sure that the majority behaves.

If you get too many negative rep points anonymously, just complain and we'll check it out. If you think that someone is behaving in a racist way and that we don't notice it, well, notify us.

It's funny how many of those opposed to anonymous rep points are so eager to find out who did it. I think that looking at your own posts and checking what possibly could have upset people is much more effective.

dick
28-08-2007, 06:00
It's funny but the one post I thought was most insulting I got three thanks and the one that was funny I got warned, go figure. You see most of my indescribable witty and insulting post are director ed toward one person (if you can call him that) and I get thanked because nobody likes him. I get warned by a mod who once said of Sal ( he's an idiot but excuse him he's Italian) sounds to me a little racist to me, like all Italians are idiots. I mentioned this to said mod and he didn't think it was racist at all. So one person may think some is bad and some one else well something else, just depends who got the button doesn't it?

ezik
28-08-2007, 15:05
Can you please make a point now?

dick
28-08-2007, 16:43
A mod can make racist post on this forum. And nobody else was upset about my comments about Clean32. They like them in fact. And maybe you should mod Clean32 more he insults everyone who disagrees with him here. Maybe you don't care that he followed me around here and kept saying I'm from a worm place and other things he can't prove but I do. What right did he have to come to my Intro and harass me? And all you mods could say is now calm down boys. He should have been ban from my thread. So if you got a problem with me it's you own fault.

TjRjn
28-08-2007, 16:51
A mod can make racist post on this forum. And nobody else was upset about my comments about Clean32. They like them in fact. And maybe you should mod Clean32 more he insults everyone who disagrees with him here. Maybe you don't care that he followed me around here and kept saying I'm from a worm place and other things he can't prove but I do. What right did he have to come to my Intro and harass me? And all you mods could say is now calm down boys. He should have been ban from my thread. So if you got a problem with me it's you own fault.
I agree with this comment 100% as discussed privately with a couple mods.
Seems to be one rule for clean and one for the rest.

TjRjn
28-08-2007, 17:57
I just have a suggestion.
We have a thumbs up we can use if we like a post. Why can't we have a thumbs down as well? That way people can use the thumbs down without actually slanging off at each other. It may stop some of the unruly comments.
Just an idea.

ezik
28-08-2007, 18:41
I just have a suggestion.
We have a thumbs up we can use if we like a post. Why can't we have a thumbs down as well? That way people can use the thumbs down without actually slanging off at each other. It may stop some of the unruly comments.
Just an idea.

We used to have it, and I'd personally be in favour of having it back.

As far as the "Seems to be one rule for clean and one for the rest" suggestion:

Both Clean32 and dick have been given infractions in the past for insulting users. Both are no saints and in both cases the insults were far from pretty. What goes for Clean32 on dick's thread goes for dick on this "dual national child" thread.

You can yourself look at the recent posts of both users to see how they are behaving now.

Banning a user from a single thread is by the way not possible as far as I know.

dick
29-08-2007, 06:59
Dick, don't worry... the way you are going you won't be here much longer anyway :)

I've been trying to get ban for a long time now and it seems to be the hardest thing to do. Clean32 takes himself way too seriously and so do you. I don't. This is just a joke. Clean32 is just an easy target he's so arrogant, stupid and so full of himself. And you keep people like him here thinking that he's entertainment and makes people post more to fight with him. Think about how many people won't post so they won't have to get one of his reply or read though a page of insults get something worth replying to. Nobody here ever asked why I spell it dick and not Dick and what Richard would call himself dick now a days? You mods liked my post about how great you guys are and how wonderful this site is. I love to see people when you stroke their ego. It's was joke about this dumb contest only the biggest loser could win and lazy mods on this site and nobody got it. The contest is just making this place shabby. So does letting even the smallest insults get by. I'd like to see any of these cowards on this site talk big in real life. Yes cowards. I liked the one about Clean32 pushing an old lady out of a seat for his wife must have made him feel really big. Most of it here is like little kids hiding behind their mom and sticking their tongue to piss off their old brother. But someone is making money aren't they while you fools have at each other. But the only guy laughing is the the one who goes to the bank. I'm I ban yet?

ezik
01-09-2007, 00:25
I've been trying to get ban for a long time now and it seems to be the hardest thing to do. Clean32 takes himself way too seriously and so do you. I don't. This is just a joke. Clean32 is just an easy target he's so arrogant, stupid and so full of himself. And you keep people like him here thinking that he's entertainment and makes people post more to fight with him. Think about how many people won't post so they won't have to get one of his reply or read though a page of insults get something worth replying to. Nobody here ever asked why I spell it dick and not Dick and what Richard would call himself dick now a days? You mods liked my post about how great you guys are and how wonderful this site is. I love to see people when you stroke their ego. It's was joke about this dumb contest only the biggest loser could win and lazy mods on this site and nobody got it. The contest is just making this place shabby. So does letting even the smallest insults get by. I'd like to see any of these cowards on this site talk big in real life. Yes cowards. I liked the one about Clean32 pushing an old lady out of a seat for his wife must have made him feel really big. Most of it here is like little kids hiding behind their mom and sticking their tongue to piss off their old brother. But someone is making money aren't they while you fools have at each other. But the only guy laughing is the the one who goes to the bank. I'm I ban yet?

Oh, wow, Richard, you got us fooled there! You think we didn't find your nick a bit odd?

Why do you want to get banned anyway? I mean, what sort of crusade are you on? FYI, Clean32 has been posting quite decently lately. So, whatever Freudian thing you have with him, take it off the forum now will you, please?

And what's the thing about big talk in real life? What the hell are you after?

Now, assuming from your side that all other users here are "little kids hiding behind their mom and sticking their tongue to piss off their old brother" is plainly insulting. Actually, you should be banned for that.

But I won't ban you. Just yet.

Not because I'm a coward (which I probably am in your eyes, but who cares?), but because I want to know what you are after. Banning is easy, a few clicks and there you go. But we're not too easy about banning here, as we do have a sense of freedom of expression. Moreover, your ranting doesn't upset a lot of users and there haven't been any complaints about your behaviour. I'm not gonna let you run of screaming in insanity: "Told ya! They'd ban me! Told ya!" You will have to do better.

Behaving like a little spoiled child asking for attention is no reason for banning.

dick
02-09-2007, 05:58
Just shows ya reverse psychology works. Hey I'm famous for being a dick! I could be the biggest dick in the world! I could make this site a big hit! Hey wait a minute? I got to think about this, I'll get back to ya.

dick
02-09-2007, 06:52
The real life I talked about is the one that's outside your door. The one that you can't say anything you want to someone without them punching you in the mouth. There was a time words meant something.