Now where its Base
Click Decimal
Now its Default Value Is 4800000
Change The Value To 40000
here u go u have done it
now close the Registery Editor and Restart Your Computer
You'll See The Result

23-08-2007, 23:51
The startup delay is used to load the OS and all drivers, to run the services that must be started, to run the programs in the startup folder, etc.

So I really don't understand how this could be done in 10 seconds... I found this hack on a few boards earlier and never dared to test it :) You did?

kris
23-08-2007, 23:53
The startup delay is used to load the OS and all drivers, to run the services that must be started, to run the programs in the startup folder, etc.

So I really don't understand how this could be done in 10 seconds... I found this hack on a few boards earlier and never dared to test it :) You did?

tried on office pc;)working!

24-08-2007, 00:07
What I don;t understand is that the default value corresponds to a 8 minutes delay... My computer even with this default value boots a bit faster than in 8 minutes ... And so, why not put 0 in the new value??? NO delay at all :)

Baracuda
24-08-2007, 01:04
Another way is uninstalling windows vista / XP then installing a tiny linux or windows 95/98 without a network card.. voila mine practically opens in sync with the monitor. (-the BIOS boot time of course) :D

24-08-2007, 10:22
Another way is uninstalling windows vista / XP then installing a tiny linux or windows 95/98 without a network card.. voila mine practically opens in sync with the monitor. (-the BIOS boot time of course) :D

You also can install MS-DOS 1.0, your PC will boot even faster!

When people try to speed the boot period, they usually want to keep their OS. And anyway I also have linux boxes, some of them boot slower than my WinXP one. All depends what you load at the boot.

kris
24-08-2007, 10:27
I tried on office pc again,it took 16seconds to turn pc on,normally it takes more than 30seconds.

24-08-2007, 23:57
Well in fact this value is used by the Indexing service (cisvc.exe) that builds an index of the files (content and properties) on your computer.

The value of "startupDelay" has an incidence on the computer startup only if the Indexing service is set on automatic, AND if a lot of files haven't been processed yet.

As this service is usually not usefull, rather than playing with the regfile values, better to desactivate the Indexing service: run "services.msc" and just turn "Indexing services" to "Disabled".

Baracuda
25-08-2007, 03:23
For me I don't really mind if my computer turns on in 5-8 minutes or not, as its almost always on 24x7x365..last year I only turned it off for a total of about a few days usually for maintenance (cleaning the cpu / graphic card / power supply / case - cooling fans.. etc.. ) for me the important point is system stability and for it to work fast, and there is a whole list of system files you can disable or tweak to achieve most of that, which? it really depends on the system and what you normally use... or you can move most windows memory/cache operations to RAM (if you have a couple of GB RAM).. or you can disable power saving options of your CPU.. :) especially if you have AMD - cool 'n' quiet is a joke.

25-08-2007, 14:20
Baracuda you are right!

Anyway for the speed-fanatics, there is a small tool that can help to save seconds during the boot: bootvis.exe (A MS tool)

WeetHet - Windows - Improving Windows XP boot time (http://www.weethet.nl/english/hardware_bootvis.php)