PDA

View Full Version : Ireland beat Denmark 4-0

exprumos
23-08-2007, 00:14
Just thought I'd mention that :)

At time of going to press, NI are 3-0 up, Wales have won, Scotland are drawing, England are losing but it is a cracker of a match, and Ronaldo scored a beauty for Portugal.

Judge
23-08-2007, 00:24
Germans were the last team to win at the old wembley and might be the first to win at the new wembley.
There's something fishy about this german team,England can never get the better of them,1 5 was the last and only time England beat them for real,oh yeah can't forget 66.

Judge
23-08-2007, 00:26
Holland lost against the swiss.

exprumos, i'm not watching the England game, who's playing good for England.Any new faces?

exprumos
23-08-2007, 00:30
I popped out for a smoke and when I came back I see both the tooners are on the bench.
Beckham made a few nice crosses, Owen some beautiful footwork, Smith done ok. (his flick on for owen's miss was superb)
The goalie Robinson made a total and utter cockup of the german goal.
Becks, while I am typing, just made a beautiful pass to #17, and Lehmann did a great job of stopping it.

exprumos
23-08-2007, 00:31
17 is Dyer, and he just fluffed a great chance that Beckham should have taken himself instead of crossing

Judge
23-08-2007, 00:33
I wouldn't mind seeing this game Bosnia 3 vs Croatia 5 FT.

Judge
23-08-2007, 00:35
I popped out for a smoke and when I came back I see both the tooners are on the bench.
Beckham made a few nice crosses, Owen some beautiful footwork, Smith done ok. (his flick on for owen's miss was superb)
The goalie Robinson made a total and utter cockup of the german goal.
Becks, while I am typing, just made a beautiful pass to #17, and Lehmann did a great job of stopping it.

Robinson used to be a safe keeper but that slip up against Croatia didn't help him,god help us if we call up James.

Is Crouch playing??

Judge
23-08-2007, 00:38
from skysports..

James tried to make Robinson feel better by charging out of his goal like a mad man. Germany's striker left him off with an awful finish.

What the hell is wrong with these guys.

exprumos
23-08-2007, 00:40
I don't think crouch is on, but i do believe james came on at half time. tbc

yep. that's him

ah, i also see crouch ambling about the place in midfield. he's not getting fed the ball at all

exprumos
23-08-2007, 00:41
terry just had a header cleared off the line

exprumos
23-08-2007, 00:44
Germany marking very close, but not attacking at all

bloody hell - follow it here BBC SPORT | Football | Internationals | Live - International football (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/6948799.stm)

Judge
23-08-2007, 00:45
Just read that Gareth Barry is playing,i didn't know England were so desperate.:D:D:D:D

exprumos
23-08-2007, 00:51
Just read that Gareth Barry is playing,i didn't know England were so desperate.:D:D:D:D

He plays for the Moscow Blizzards!!

Judge
23-08-2007, 00:55
He plays for the Moscow Blizzards!!

By making that move he got back into the England team.
How is he doing for the Blizzards? keeping the bench warm i bet.

exprumos
23-08-2007, 00:59
Logging off.

Judge
23-08-2007, 01:02
Logging off.

Just like England.....
Thanks for the info on the game...

Judge
23-08-2007, 01:25
Another defeat under Mclaren,this guy isn't going to last long.

Len Ganley Stance
23-08-2007, 08:36
Judge,

It was only a Friendly and half of your team was missing.

Good win for Ireland inflicting the heaviest defeat on Denmark in 4 years, It was only a friendly though. Excellent win for Norn Iron, with David Healy scoring two more. He's prolific at this level and has now scored 31 goals in 57 appearances for Northern Ireland.

Sidney Bliss
23-08-2007, 09:14
It was only a Friendly and half of your team was missing.

As, arguably, was half the German first team... McClaren is shockingly inept at international level.

Judge
23-08-2007, 14:24
Like Sidney said, Germans had loads of players out and they were away.No more excuses for England.England has some top games coming up and they can't slip up anymore,in my eyes it's better to go into these important games after a win, not losing for the first time at wembley.

Len Ganley Stance
23-08-2007, 14:44
Like Sidney said, Germans had loads of players out and they were away.No more excuses for England.England has some top games coming up and they can't slip up anymore,in my eyes it's better to go into these important games after a win, not losing for the first time at wembley.

No sh*t Sherlock!

Judge
23-08-2007, 15:47
No sh*t Sherlock!

So, it's more than a friendly Dr Watson.
In todays game, there are no friendly games,every player is fighting for a call up and to impress the coach.England can't rely on Rooney and Gerrard,if these players are out the other players should try even harder.

Len Ganley Stance
23-08-2007, 16:26
Judge,

My No sh*t Sherlock comment was referring to your comment that England have some big games coming up and can't slip up anymore.

kste22
23-08-2007, 16:40
I HATE INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL! We all dream of a team of carraghers!!!!!!!!!!!

Judge
23-08-2007, 16:44
Judge,

My No sh*t Sherlock comment was referring to your comment that England have some big games coming up and can't slip up anymore.

Aaaaahhh, understood Len.

kste22,wouldn't you be happy for the likes of Gerrard and Crouch if they became world champions.Liverpool having 2 world champions in their team has a nice ring to it.

Len Ganley Stance
23-08-2007, 16:57
I HATE INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL! We all dream of a team of carraghers!!!!!!!!!!!

Likewise. Being English must be bad enough for you guys, with the old weight of expectation that England will somehow manage to win another major international tournament but being Irish is worse. We have to put up with Steve 'The Gaffer' Staunton, but at least we're safe in the knowledge that we will never win any tournament.

I actually think that a good idea would be to scrap all of those meaningless friendlies that take place during the regular season. How many times do players come back to their clubs injured from these games?

What they should do instead is ressurect the old Home Internationals but as well as having England / Scotland / Wales and Norn Iron, you could also include the Republic of Ireland.

The tournament would be played at the end of the domestic season, so club managers would be less p*ssed off if players get a knock as they'd have time to recover over the Summer. The tournament would be on a round-robin basis and played over a two week period. The International managers would be happy as they could have the players together for a longer period than they do now for friendlies plus they could bring new players in and give them a taste of international football. Obviously during years when there are World Cup or European Finals taking place, these 'Home Internationals' wouldn't take place. The fixtures would be quite competitive as well as the Jocks / the Taffs / the Norn Iron Micks and the Paddies, need little motivation when playing against England, who would also not want to lose to their neighbours.

Judge
23-08-2007, 17:11
Good idea about ressurecting the old home internationals,they could also invite a S.American(so we don't get boring long ball matches) team to put the iceing on the cake.Since these home internationals usually kick off on the pitch,i put forward uruguay or Argentina.

Len Ganley Stance
23-08-2007, 17:47
(so we don't get boring long ball matches)

The solution to that is probably not to invite England. :nut:.

Judge
23-08-2007, 18:16
The solution to that is probably not to invite England. :nut:.

Hahahahha. very true,poor Crouch will have a great time.

They should look into bringing the home games back,shame the fans spoil it for everyone.They should do this comp everytime when there is no world cup or euro championship,will go down well,invites for the euro champions and world cup winners.Maybe just maybe,England might win a cup.