PDA

View Full Version : MTS, Megafon, Beeline, or other - Which carrier do you prefer?

Digenis Akritas
21-08-2007, 18:35
Which Russian mobile carriers do you all use? Do you have a preference? If so, why? Any horror stories or great customer service stories out there when it comes to mobile service?

Baracuda
21-08-2007, 20:54
Beeline, just because I bought it when I first came here.. Megaphone just to call home as it seems to be the cheapest... (that was until I found out the VIOP cards here with which it costs about 10$ for 5 hours)

Surok
21-08-2007, 23:53
Oooooooooooooh another poll!

We haven't had enough of these lately!

Celtica
23-08-2007, 23:27
Meafon because it's the cheapest but the conncetion isn't good always. It rarely works in metro.

kris
24-08-2007, 13:05
I have both Megafon(olite) and MTS. Megafon Olite for personal use,MTS for business purpose.

WilliamFTH
28-08-2007, 23:32
Can I send SMS from Russia to Malaysia? just want to find out.

kris
29-08-2007, 00:52
Can I send SMS from Russia to Malaysia? just want to find out.

you can send free sms to Malaysia:cool:

Send Free SMS Worldwide - SendSMSnow.com (http://www.sendsmsnow.com/)

HamroSMS : Free SMS to Nepal,Free SMS to Malaysia,Free SMS to Qatar,Free SMS to Saudi Arabia, SMS Gateway to Nepal, SMS to Nepal, SMS 2 Nepal, Group SMS, Bulk SMS, SMS to any Mobile phone in Nepal, Corporate SMS, SMS CRM solutions, Cheap SMS (http://www.hamrosms.com/)

WilliamFTH
29-08-2007, 09:27
you can send free sms to Malaysia:cool:

Send Free SMS Worldwide - SendSMSnow.com (http://www.sendsmsnow.com/)

HamroSMS : Free SMS to Nepal,Free SMS to Malaysia,Free SMS to Qatar,Free SMS to Saudi Arabia, SMS Gateway to Nepal, SMS to Nepal, SMS 2 Nepal, Group SMS, Bulk SMS, SMS to any Mobile phone in Nepal, Corporate SMS, SMS CRM solutions, Cheap SMS (http://www.hamrosms.com/)
Cool........Thanks mate

DooLittle
21-09-2007, 11:09
I used MTS for some time - until they started stealing money (usually happens once your monthly bill gets over $30 or $40). I had to switch to Beeline when I joined a company that had a corporate plan and have been using them for over 5 years now.

I still think MTS has better reception, but for the past few years at least, Beeline has been just as good for all relevant purposes. Their service has always been good and roaming has always worked (traveled a lot).

I'm getting a new plan for work now and will be sticking with Bee.

Katrine L
21-09-2007, 23:47
I used MTS for some time - until they started stealing money (usually happens once your monthly bill gets over $30 or $40). I had to switch to Beeline when I joined a company that had a corporate plan and have been using them for over 5 years now.

I still think MTS has better reception, but for the past few years at least, Beeline has been just as good for all relevant purposes. Their service has always been good and roaming has always worked (traveled a lot).

I'm getting a new plan for work now and will be sticking with Bee.

Agree!

tzaritsa
22-09-2007, 00:17
Which Russian mobile carriers do you all use? Do you have a preference? If so, why? Any horror stories or great customer service stories out there when it comes to mobile service?

I use MTS from 1999. It started just occasionally - my friend gave me the telephone with the MTS number as a present. And I`m still with the same number.
It was one very nice story on 1999. I was in Italy and used my telephone a lot and MTS didn`t switch off the connection till I reach Moscow. When I arrived I owe the company 250$! They was so nice people! Understood,that tall blond beautiful woman is alone in Italy! :goldy: :nut:
So,I`m still with them. Of caurse,sometimes they steal money,but the connection is good

TGP
22-09-2007, 22:57
Beeline. No cheating, good connection and service.

AndreyS
22-09-2007, 23:20
Beeline. No cheating, good connection and service.

Exactly. I also voted for them.

Jean02
29-09-2007, 15:09
Well, I use MTS. The connection is usually good. But I find them quite expensive.

Proper Bostonian
25-10-2007, 09:17
We have MTS & Megafon. Suddenly, the phone stores in our area (Svyaznoi, for example) will only sell Megafon cards. They can not input your Megafon number & payment into their computer system. A real pain...

vector
06-11-2007, 18:41
My company has been using Beeline for the last 6 months, but our experience is quite bad. We experience quite frequent signal losses even in the same location (office in Khimki) and roaming is very unreliable. We're planning to switch to MTS.

Clean32
07-11-2007, 11:17
In yaro, Mts is a joke, poor reception, txts doint come, calls will not go though ETC, Beeline works well though.

DaveAH
12-11-2007, 20:57
I dont get a choice.. company provides MTS... Though if going Land Line stay away from the old monoplies and get one of the next Gen carriers who have decent new equipment such as GT or ComStar

Miracle77777
12-12-2007, 10:44
Well, I use MTS. The connection is usually good. But I find them quite expensive.

Me too...Using MTS about 7 years...MTS is really good - connection, sometimes in a metro too.. Service - a lot of offices...But quite expensive!! Especially in Rouming !!
Anyway, I guess you need pay for a good service :groan: even if it is not so pleasant :goldy: