PDA

View Full Version : restaurant recomms in St P?

tengchah
21-08-2007, 10:11
Hi y'all,

Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations in St P somewhere walking distance from Volinsky Street (which is just off Nevsky Prospect and a short walk to Palace Square and the Moika River)?

Something reasonably relaxed, price doesn't matter. Just looking for somewhere nice to take some guests.

Also, am looking for another dining option in St P for the next night - this time a bit more upmarket - any good ideas?

thanks!

JA

Digenis Akritas
21-08-2007, 11:48
Our absolute favourite place to visit while in Piter is a small cafe called Buschet. I think there are few locations, as a matter of fact. One is right off Nevsky on the end closer to St. Issac's Cathedral. They have EXCELLENT pastries!

Another place I recommend is called Stole. They also have 2-3 locations. You can get a full meal there. Nice atmosphere.

taradom
21-08-2007, 20:04
My favorite restaurant in St. Pete (based on my extensive experience of a 3-day visit) was the Idiot.

http://www.st-petersburg-life.com/eat/restaurants_details/5-The_Idiot

I think it's near where you're staying. It's pretty decently priced, and delicious!

sematana
21-08-2007, 20:22
My favourite is Idiot too, especially if you like vegetables, they cook really great!!
They have a small library and the decoration is nice.
We were very much satisfied with the service. At the end we were served vodkas:)

natterru
22-08-2007, 16:13
My favourite is Idiot too, especially if you like vegetables, they cook really great!!
They have a small library and the decoration is nice.
We were very much satisfied with the service. At the end we were served vodkas:)
My favorite place are CityBar, I have been there as member English club participant. Very good service, and very kind mistress - bar owner.

Yuzov
23-08-2007, 08:29
My favorite place are CityBar, I have been there as member English club participant. Very good service, and very kind mistress - bar owner.

I agree 100%. I visited SPb this last June, and enjoyed an excellent hamburger and fries at the City Bar. Meeting Aileen, the proprietor, was an added bonus. She is a real character!

Aşık melek
23-08-2007, 21:40
The question was about restaraunts .city bar - is like bistro, meal is not tasty, the menu is poor, plates , spoons, forks - are always dirty, service is bad...... low class place.....
yes i kno that the onwer allows english club to gather there. its very kind of her, but its not good place for dinner, for spendingtime, for inviting girl there

natterru
24-08-2007, 10:47
The question was about restaraunts .city bar - is like bistro, meal is not tasty, the menu is poor, plates , spoons, forks - are always dirty, service is bad...... low class place.....
yes i kno that the onwer allows english club to gather there. its very kind of her, but its not good place for dinner, for spendingtime, for inviting girl there

May be you right, but I'm not rich Russian man and can't spend more then 500 rubbles for lunch or dinner and places for enough rich person unavailable for me. I meet it the CityBar my friends and this is more important for me.

magedaman
03-02-2008, 01:13
Hello, Friend
you didn't try to go to pyramiza in the end of nevski prospekt ?

Wodin
03-02-2008, 01:20
If you want up market try out the restaurant on the top floor of Moika 59. It's good. Or the Victoria Rest in the Talleon. If you want to splash out there's the Palkin on Nevski or the Grand Hotel restaurant also on Nevski. Service and food 5 star (and prices).

Carl
03-02-2008, 12:47
Two of the best dinning options in St. Pete:

1. Probka. Nice Italian place. Good Atmosephere. Dinner for 2 with wine-4000rb. Belinskogo Ul., 5 Tel. 273-49-04

2. TANDOOR. Best Indian food in Spb. Dinner for 2 and few beers-2300rbl. Вознесенский пр., 2 Tel. 312-38-86 (place on the corner. don't be fooled by 'TANDOORI NIGHTS', the other Indian place just one door down)

DDT
05-02-2008, 13:03
If you want a nice meal with friends or business associates DO NOT GO TO THE City Bar.

JAA
06-02-2008, 03:25
I agree, City Bar is an okay place, but there are too many expats there and Alieen, although she might be friendly, gives out a weird vibe.

I alway used to like the Soviet kitsch and burgers in Propaganda, although not a "nice" restaurant, it is an interesting place.

Transparent Theatre
06-02-2008, 07:37
If you want stylish postmodern decor, excellent new-wave Russian cuisine, with elegant service and mid-range prices, try "RESTORAN" at #2, Tamozhenny pereulok (adjacent to the Kunstkamera). Yes, it really is just called "RESTORAN", but with a soft-sign on the end (ie the C19th spelling). Very nice place indeed for a leisurely treat that won't break the bank.