PDA

View Full Version : going to Russia for the first time!

spiritoday
21-08-2007, 08:58
For my first time to visit eastern Europe and Russia, I am looking to start a long tour in January (see 2 year itinerary below). If you could help me in part or whole I would be very grateful.

I would like help in determining air travel to and from, inexpensive places to stay, ways to find women (agencies tend to have more gold diggers and clubs tend to be to loud to talk at), and then travel by plane or train (second class) to my next destination.

I would like to stay with a family or roommate for a few hundred dollars a month including meals at each city for 90 days at a time. Preferably with someone who speaks a least a little English for obvious reasons. I will be siteseeing and looking to meet women of course and will probably bring someone back to the rental with me from time to time if I find someone special. I am not a pig looking for a sex tour. Isn't it sad when you have to clarify that!!??!!?? I prefer getting to know someone before moving into an intimate venue. Of course being 37 years old real companionship is just a lot more important to me.

Can you help me with finding a cheap place to stay? It doesn't have to be all that nice. All I need would be hot water, a room, some type of affordable travel available (bus, cab, whatever, just as long as I don't have to do to many transfers) I will also need the ability to get high speed internet if they don't have it already and possible a local mobile phone.

I would be willing to spend some time teaching English (2 or 3 hours a day) or helping out in some other fashion. I have strong background in sales, psychology, business management, marketing, and computers.

Also I will probably need a business visa for Russia and all the help I can get to obtain all the required documents. And probably some help buying a train ticket second class to my next city. Any other suggestions on what to do?

Here is my temporary itinerary:
Jan March '08 Sevastopol', Ukraine
April June '08 Moscow, Russia

July Sept '08 St. Petersburg, Russia

Oct Dec '08 Karkov, Ukraine

Jan March '09 Odessa

April June'09 Minsk, Bolaria

July Sept '09 Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia in the north

Oct Dec '09 open

If you want to recommend any other city for me please be specific as to your reasons; cost, vistor friendly, unique, or whatever.

I am 37 years old, 150 lbs., 5'7" with slightly better than average looks, light brown hair with a touch of gray.

Judge
21-08-2007, 10:33
When you're in Moscow make sure you get a 3 month metro p****you will same some money this way.If you teach english in Moscow you will meet many students and become friends with them,many students will be able to take you out and show you a good time.

nfs283
04-10-2007, 00:04
try to look for families or anyone in general who will let you crash at their place for a night or two..the site www.couchsurfing.com might help..

Fallen Angel
04-10-2007, 14:21
Stay back in Utah. Mocow isn't for cheap travelers or cheap dates...

xSnoofovich
04-10-2007, 14:40
bring a russian-english/english-russian phrase book. and actually study it. and bring nerves of steel. russia and the eastern bloc countries arent for the weak of heart. and more money, a few hundred dollars a month wont get you very far.

SalTheReturn
04-10-2007, 14:50
Stay back in Utah. Mocow isn't for cheap travelers or cheap dates...

wtf?

SalTheReturn
04-10-2007, 14:51
is it your intent to meet women for a long term relation or you are also asking free-commitment ways to get laid?

Olesya
04-10-2007, 15:44
is it your intent to meet women for a long term relation or you are also asking free-commitment ways to get laid?

As far as I understood he's looking for free love, free sex and cheap accomodation....for teaching English....well it's up to him - the one who's searching always finds what he needs...but if I were him. I'd better be just with those women saying that it's a kind of entertainment but nothing more...

SalTheReturn
04-10-2007, 17:04
As far as I understood he's looking for free love, free sex and cheap accomodation....for teaching English....well it's up to him - the one who's searching always finds what he needs...but if I were him. I'd better be just with those women saying that it's a kind of entertainment but nothing more...

so you think he will not find any of those? if yes why?

Olesya
04-10-2007, 21:00
Dear SalTheReturn,
To tell the the truth I don't care if he finds someone or not, mirracles happen and there are always several stupid women in the Russian regions who are fond of believing in Cinderella's fairy tales, but practical and material girls will surely play cruel tricks he never expects on that love-loving man and the just will win anyway.....I just ask that lovely person not to lie!!!! I bet he's going to inform any girl here about his "serious intentions" just not to pay for his love tour and many hearts can be broken.....

Clean32
04-10-2007, 21:05

Sal is just snotty becouse it didnt work for him LOL

Olesya
04-10-2007, 21:09
Dear SalTheReturn,
To tell the the truth I don't care if he finds someone or not, mirracles happen and there are always several stupid women in the Russian regions who are fond of believing in Cinderella's fairy tales, but practical and material girls will surely play cruel tricks he never expects on that love-loving man and the just will win anyway.....I just ask that lovely person not to lie!!!! I bet he's going to inform any girl here about his "serious intentions" just not to pay for his love tour and many hearts can be broken.....