PDA

View Full Version : Vykhino-better or worse?

marus
06-06-2011, 00:19
This seemd to be a place that everyone loved to hate when I was last there several years ago and it did look pretty grim and grimy!Has it improved and is it also dangerous or just miserable and ugly?And when will they open the metro extension to Zhulebino-the tracks have been there for years?

Croesus
06-06-2011, 14:50
I guess there's been little to no change...
The metro station is due in 2013 (apparently). However, it's been postponed a countless number of times already, so locals expect it around 2018-2020...

marus
06-06-2011, 17:40
Perhaps they should confiscate some of the illegal earnings that corrupt officials send abroad every year to buy luxury villas and deposit in foreign bank accounts etc!
According to Putin and c. Russia is booming yet they cannot even complete a few kilometres of metro extension which would save millions of people so much inconvenience every year-and reduce traffic on the roads!

Croesus
07-06-2011, 00:34
Voicing such opinions as yours is now called "extremism" around here (they also call it "rocking the boat").
You're shamelessly attempting to shatter the very foundation of our "sovereign democracy"!
How dare you!? :D

P.S. In modern Russia the subway rides you

marus
07-06-2011, 18:27
Stalin used to say that the Soviet Union was the most democratic country on earth.......but those people who believed him from abroad and went to live there were never heard of again!The Poles soon understood what Russia meant by democracy too,as did the Baltic States.......
Well at least you can risk saying that in Putins Russia as the Gulags closed long ago,but I think the Serbski Institute where political dissidents were taken to be 'cured' of their 'illness' is still going strong in Moscow and some of the Soviet-era staff are still working there?

EXPATRU
07-06-2011, 19:01
Vykhino is the most unpleasant and dysfunctional district in Moscow for my opinion, my friends rented an appartment in Vykhino some years ago and it was so difficult to visit them, because there is a permanent traffic, a public transport is full always and you are forced to let a few buses or marshrutka p**** and so horrible people (guest workers) travel in this part of purple metro line from Vykhino to Proletarskay and I hate platform of Vykhino metro station, I'm afraid to fall down on railing, when I stay there, because people staying behind you push you forward, by the border of the platform, brrrrr... By the way, I'm Russian...

Marus, why are you interesting Vykhino?

marus
08-06-2011, 00:19
I once went there to see an appartment to rent but as soon as I saw what the area was like I didn't bother!But maybe there are other equally nasty parts of Moscow-I can think of quite a few such as the old industrial zones around Freyzer and behind Ulitsa Podbelskogo metro for example-Tekstilshchiki and Novogireevo are not much better either!Everyone always warned me to avoid Kapotnya and most of the South-East districts along the purple line,not just because they are ugly and depressing but also because the air quality and pollution there is bad?

Dicorp
08-06-2011, 10:50
I once went there to see an appartment to rent but as soon as I saw what the area was like I didn't bother!But maybe there are other equally nasty parts of Moscow-I can think of quite a few such as the old industrial zones around Freyzer and behind Ulitsa Podbelskogo metro for example-Tekstilshchiki and Novogireevo are not much better either!Everyone always warned me to avoid Kapotnya and most of the South-East districts along the purple line,not just because they are ugly and depressing but also because the air quality and pollution there is bad?

They're also over run by ethnic immigrants which are sources of crime and other pleasantries.

Kapotnya also houses a gasoline manufacturing plant. Must smell nice.

If i were you, i'd exclude the South East corner completely. The light green and purple lines.

marus
08-06-2011, 12:31
I lived in Marinsky Park,at the end of a bus route from Lyublino metro for three months back in early 2006.Although all the appartment blocks there are relatively new and not of very bad quality,the area used to be sewage fields and you can see Kapotnya refinery in the distance!At night it looks like a UFO base and there are flames shooting into the air from gas outlet towers etc.When the wind blows from the south there is an acrid smell in the air which stings your eyes!About the only other building of note in the region was the Moscow Trading complex,a vast mall of small shops which was infinitely boring,although right by Kapotnya there is apparently a market for live birds and other small animals-I doubt if they survive long breathing in that muck though!
Apart from visual monstrosities,there are many suburbs of Moscow which have been built on toxic landfill sites that are unhealthy for habitation and scandals emerge in the press from time to time.although no doubt attempts are made to cover them up!There was an example near Ulitsa Podbelskogo last year......

EXPATRU
08-06-2011, 16:49
for example-Tekstilshchiki and Novogireevo are not much better either!

Marus, you shouldn't be so categorical in this part. Let me give you an example. I got new job a couple of months ago, it is located in Perovo dictrict, there is of the same name metro station which is located for one stop from Novogireevo, in the direction of Moscow centre, so I decided to rent an appartment not far from new work. I should add that I did visit the different districts are located along yellow line in past and I didn't like its at all.

I was dissapointed when it became clear I will have to live in Perovo, but I didn't want to spend my life in a public transport and traffic, so I started to look for the appartment there. I spent more then one month, because it is old district with old buildings (non-renovated apartments), besides the prices were quite expensive, but finally I rented a pretty nice appartment. And now I'm very happy I live in Perovo. It is pretty noiseless district with the 5 flour buildings in general, there are a lot of trees, I like its very mich and there is not bad infrastructure. There is only one minus, the railway station Perovo is located not far from my appartment, so I hear sometimes its noise, but you're man and I think it wouldn't bother you.

P.S: Regarding ethnic immigrants, they are becoming more and more, every year, everywhere around Moscow, in any district, in metro, etc.

Croesus
13-06-2011, 00:37
In fact, Perovo might seem pretty nice.
Novogireevo, which was mentioned here, is a different story (being the end station)
Always flooded with people, with endless queues for buses/marshrutkas... hardly the place I'd like to live at.