PDA

View Full Version : Georgian money

Nagornaya
05-06-2011, 10:49
Hi! I'm hoping this is the right part of the forum to post this... we shall see!

I'm going to Tbilisi in a couple of weeks and, being one of those people who still gets paid cash-in-hand (hence no Russian bank account), I need to find somewhere to change roubles into lari. I've heard of people changing money at the airport in Tbilisi, but there must be a cheaper way of doing it, surely?

Where could I go in Moscow to find lari?

Armoured
05-06-2011, 10:55
Hi! I'm hoping this is the right part of the forum to post this... we shall see!

I'm going to Tbilisi in a couple of weeks and, being one of those people who still gets paid cash-in-hand (hence no Russian bank account), I need to find somewhere to change roubles into lari. I've heard of people changing money at the airport in Tbilisi, but there must be a cheaper way of doing it, surely?

Where could I go in Moscow to find lari?

I think you'd be better off taking dollars. You can change dollars easily almost anywhere in Tblisi, and I found lots of people will take dollars (like for a taxi at airport). They'll take dollars for visa at the airport even.

I don't remember the situation with rubles, but would likely be more difficult.