PDA

View Full Version : Let's see what the trend is... what model cell phone do you use?

Teutonic Deity
08-11-2003, 04:28
What is the make/model of your cell phone?

I have two - the one I use with Corbina is a Nokia 3320 and my MTS GSM phone is currently an Ericsson R520m

Maine Surfer
08-11-2003, 05:36
Sprint/ Samsung PCX

kniga
08-11-2003, 18:47
Nokia 3310

Sadie
09-11-2003, 23:14
Well, I too use this damn corbina. Connection is great, but cell phones suck, plus they sell them at ridiculous prices. Does anybody know how to buy a good TDMA 800 / AMPS cell phone??
:( :( maybe to order it abroad? Actually i've been looking here and abroad, but just can't find anything suitable:confused: :(
and yes, i use ericsson and i hate ericsson:)

jlfloyd
10-11-2003, 05:32
i have a sanyo- its not up there.

investor
10-11-2003, 13:48
Well I'm using Maxon - the smallest phone in the world ;-))

Teutonic Deity
10-11-2003, 16:41
Originally posted by Sadie
Well, I too use this damn corbina. Connection is great, but cell phones suck, plus they sell them at ridiculous prices. Does anybody know how to buy a good TDMA 800 / AMPS cell phone??

Let me know if you find one :-)

I have been going through a nightmare with Corbina the past week. My Nokia broke, and they sent me to the service center to get it fixed. Turns out it is not fixable, therefore I need to wait up to a month for them to order a replacement. In the meantime they will not sell me a new phone to connect to my existing number (new phone means new contract and new number), and I am going through a bureaucratic nightmare to get a loaner phone to use 'till the replacement one gets here. Pray your phone doesn't break :-)

Sadie
10-11-2003, 18:08
i will, in fact, i was too soon to say the connection was great, my cell phone has not been working for 3 or 4 hours:mad: :( it was a wise decision to buy two cell phones, TD;)

lochnessmonster
14-11-2003, 17:12
I often see people with TWO phones, it always amazes me! Either they must be imprtant, or, as you've just pointed out, one must be broken!!

Anyway, my question is about the new 8910i Nokia. Does anyone have it? I am thinking of getting one, and wanted to know how good it is to use as a practical item, not as an accessory...

kniga
14-11-2003, 19:30
lochnessmonster,

I have an inexpensive Nokia 3310 which works fine for me as does every Nokia phone I have heard about. Most of my colleagues use them and are pleased with their performance. I have dropped mine a few times, but like a Timex watch, it keeps right on ticking...

DPG
16-11-2003, 12:48
Ditto that Kniga - my 3310 is seemingly indestuctable! Also I think that Nokia's usability and menu layouts make them the best phones available....they last for a damn long time too, I still have the now almost pre-historic 3210 in London and it still works fine.

Jet
16-11-2003, 14:31
I have used Siemens, Motorolla, Ericsson, Samsung

Nokia is the best, I have 6... smth Menu layout is indeed great, and plenty of functions that make sure u don't need to buy another cellphone for three more years!

lochnessmonster
16-11-2003, 19:39
Yes, they WOULD last three years, even more if these f****** taxi drivers didn't keep stealing them. Having said that, I have a Sony, with one of those scroll dial thingies, and it is CRAP compared with the 'fabbiness' of the Nokia phones. So much so that I am getting a new litttle Nokia for Christmas (8910i), but I'll still pretend to be excited when I open the present...

Intourist
17-11-2003, 13:52
Originally posted by lochnessmonster
Yes, they WOULD last three years, even more if these f****** taxi drivers didn't keep stealing them. Having said that, I have a Sony, with one of those scroll dial thingies, and it is CRAP compared with the 'fabbiness' of the Nokia phones. So much so that I am getting a new litttle Nokia for Christmas (8910i), but I'll still pretend to be excited when I open the present...

Loch,

I considered getting one earlier this year, b/c it does have a lot of extras (one of the only--at the time I was looking--w/ blue tooth, for example) and is pretty snazzy-lookin'.

But the one thing that led me to opt against it is the slide-down panel. On the 8890, you could leave it shut yet still answer calls. It was also a manual slide/cover. On the 8910, it must be opened to answer or even reject a call. It is an automatic slide as well which takes about three seconds to open, so there's a VERY annoying lag time (throughout which you're phone is still ringin) in order to answer or even reject any call.

It's an attractive phone, indeed, but at the end of the day I think you can get a lot more interesting models (with cameras, for example) for the same price that you pay for the 8910 - which as far as I can tell is priced expensively because of the titanium shell and up-market positioning.

Just my two kopecks.

Regards,
Intour

arkhe
17-11-2003, 15:07
nokia 3315

lochnessmonster
18-11-2003, 19:23
Intour tah for the info, and well put. Still a fabby phone, but yep, I have to agree with what you've said. And why is it so expensive!!

IRS_Runner
23-11-2003, 01:25
I've got a Nokia 8210, since the summer of 2001 already :D

Jet
25-11-2003, 22:32
btw why would anybody need a camera on the their cellphones?

kniga
25-11-2003, 22:43
They don't, but the clever marketers have made one available and now we are all like Japanese tourists clicking away like mad and choking the available bandwidth with useless pictures of people sticking their tongues out at each other.

lochnessmonster
26-11-2003, 13:40
What do you mean: why? The new phones now have TWO (yes, TWO) cameras on them. Soon someone is going to make a 'Hollywood blockbuster' that they have recorder entirely on a mobile phone. They will have spent about 35p (that's pence not roubles) and it will be snapped up for millions by Hollywood moguls. Any takers?

kniga
26-11-2003, 17:38
Monster,

Yeah, but tell me, if someone did shoot a movie on one of these tiny cell phone/camera combinations and accidently covered the lens with his thumb, would it be a film noir?

lochnessmonster
27-11-2003, 19:29
Call it what you like, I'd call it C**P. But to get back to the thread, I had one with a camera, and I have a mate with one which has a thingy, videocamera, and I suppose they COULD be pretty useful for us spies and copying secret info and industrial secrets and the like...

kniga
27-11-2003, 19:52
The CIA wants you!

lochnessmonster
27-11-2003, 20:57
Sorry, you will have to talk to Her Majesty about that, I doubt she will want to let me go after years of loyal service, as a reward for which, I have been given, err..a mobile phone with a video camera!

Everyone is raving about the new Samsung phone, is it really that good?

kniga
28-11-2003, 01:17
Monster,

Well then, Maybe "M" will release you from MI-6 for detached duty...

Dianavw
29-11-2003, 14:01
Nokia

Free Man
01-12-2003, 23:52
I have a siemens now, had a nokia.

same shit, different phone.

Ignia
28-12-2003, 22:07
I've got Alcatel OT511 - it is just great :)

lyndsay
29-12-2003, 08:58
Get one........ it's a phone - no matterhow much it shags your libido - it's a PHONE!!

DPG
15-01-2004, 13:29
Originally posted by kniga
Monster,

Well then, Maybe "M" will release you from MI-6 for detached duty...

Kniga! - The top chap at MI6 is known as "C" not M - just don't tell anyone that I told you that otherwise......hang on, what's that, damn and blast, someone's knocking my front door down....already!, nooooo!! Arrgggg, that stun-gun doesn't half make one's eyes water!! I do wish they wouldn't do that!!

Do you mind if I pass you a few microdots under postage stamps when we next meet!!!??;);)

Frank91086
15-01-2004, 20:08
The first great Alcatel mobile product