PDA

View Full Version : Styles the clueless ****

Judge
20-08-2007, 01:21
What does it take for a refs to get the sack from their jobs.If anyone makes a grave mistake at work they would get the sack or taken off the job they are doing,the same should be for so called top refs in the prem league.With today's technology common stupid mistakes shouldn't be allowed in a game that is watched and loved by millions.I've always been against video replays to help refs but after reading what happened between Liverpool and Chelsea and the controversial penalty awarded to Chelsea,replays could be the answer to sort out f*ck ups like this.Also word is Essien got shown two yellows,just like that other idiot Poll at last years world cup.

Here's a link to the so called penalty,make up your own mind.
MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it@@AMEPARAM@@value%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.megavideo.com%2Fv%2F220SUMB71a265b117ff3e2e7b8932d83e72fe020@@AMEPARAM@@220SUMB71a265b117ff3e2e7b8932d83e72fe020

Judge
20-08-2007, 13:19
Is this guy bloody blind..

Jose Mourinho sparked another war-of-words with Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez when he insisted his side had 'no divers'.

The Chelsea boss claimed referee Rob Styles was right to award the Blues a hotly disputed second-half penalty at Anfield.

Styles harshly adjudged Steve Finnan to have fouled Florent Malouda inside the box even though it appeared that the Chelsea winger had made the most of the challenge.

But Mourinho jumped to the defence of the French international and insisted he had done nothing wrong.

Naive

"I have not seen it on TV so I was 30 metres away," Mourinho told The Sun.

"Malouda opens his legs to let the ball run and he is brought down from behind - I think it's a penalty.

"Do you think my players surround the referee? I have a naive team. We do not have any divers, no violent people, we do not have any nasty tackles. It's a pure team."

But an angry Benitez responded after the 1-1 draw by saying: "If that's the case then I'm Little Red Riding Hood!

"You can check his team and I think how many times they do and say the things they say they don't do.

"There have been a lot situations in the last three years. The players were talking to the ref the whole time."

And the Liverpool boss felt Styles had got it wrong when he awarded Chelsea their second-half penalty: "I want to have respect for the referee but only he can explain - but he will not be able to explain properly.

"There were 45,000 people here and they could not see a penalty. That is why Jose Mourinho could not see it."

Len Ganley Stance
20-08-2007, 14:25
What does it take for a refs to get the sack from their jobs.If anyone makes a grave mistake at work they would get the sack or taken off the job they are doing,the same should be for so called top refs in the prem league.With today's technology common stupid mistakes shouldn't be allowed in a game that is watched and loved by millions.I've always been against video replays to help refs but after reading what happened between Liverpool and Chelsea and the controversial penalty awarded to Chelsea,replays could be the answer to sort out f*ck ups like this.Also word is Essien got shown two yellows,just like that other idiot Poll at last years world cup.

Here's a link to the so called penalty,make up your own mind.
MEGAVIDEO - Beats YouTube (http://www.megavideo.com/?v=220SUMB7)

The referee made a mistake a bit like what happened a couple of years ago when Garcia scored against Chelsea at Anfield. Get over it!

Essien did not get a second yellow card. The only player booked in that particular incident was John Terry.

The referee had a terrible game yesterday though it has to be said.

For the record I am completely against introducing video replays.

Judge
20-08-2007, 14:40
The referee made a mistake a bit like what happened a couple of years ago when Garcia scored against Chelsea at Anfield. Get over it!

Essien did not get a second yellow card. The only player booked in that particular incident was John Terry.

The referee had a terrible game yesterday though it has to be said.

For the record I am completely against introducing video replays.

What was wrong with Garcia's goal,not even TV could say that it wasn't a goal.

Get over it,easy to say, i know refs make mistakes but at this level and with today's technology these stupid mistakes should be stamped out.
Take the aussie vs Italy at last years world cup,that dodgy penalty right at the end,Italy might not be world champs,this crap has been going on for too long,something needs to be done.The world cup before that,Italy were knocked out by the ref,i know sometimes decisions go in favour of teams and against,but these wrong decisions ruin the game.

Stopping the game to check a controversial penalty should be allowed but not for every disputed call.Also a cam on the goal line should be introduced.Refs can't keep up with the modern game,the dropped 2 points might cost Liverpool the league.

jl74
20-08-2007, 15:30
Judge I feel for you! what? sorry no I don't but understand your frustration at not being able to beat Chelsea when they were poor! as for United don't even mention them... Rob Styles has just been demoted for next weeks match if that is any consolation to you Judge....:ninja:

Len Ganley Stance
20-08-2007, 15:58
Judge,

Earlier in this thread you said that you've always been against video replays being brought into the game, then all of a sudden you're all for them because a decision goes against your team. It seems that you want to have your cake and eat it.

The history books will show that Chelsea - rightly or wrongly - drew with Liverpool at Anfield yesterday, the same way as the history books will show that Liverpool beat Chelsea 1-0 in the Champions League, thanks to a Luis Garcia goal that should not have stood.

If they had video replays Stevie Gerrard would have been booked against Aston Villa instead of getting the free kick he scored the winner from.

Judge
20-08-2007, 16:14
Judge,

Earlier in this thread you said that you've always been against video replays being brought into the game, then all of a sudden you're all for them because a decision goes against your team. It seems that you want to have your cake and eat it.

The history books will show that Chelsea - rightly or wrongly - drew with Liverpool at Anfield yesterday, the same way as the history books will show that Liverpool beat Chelsea 1-0 in the Champions League, thanks to a Luis Garcia goal that should not have stood.

If they had video replays Stevie Gerrard would have been booked against Aston Villa instead of getting the free kick he scored the winner from.

These silly school yard mistakes by refs have gone on for too long now and needs to be kicked out of the game,true because it was against Liverpool i'm now in favour,its gone on too long.It puts off people from watching the game.
Replays should be brought in for pens and if the ball went over the line,we need to draw the line somewhere.
First we should have a camera on the goal line and then somehting else.
I don't want our beloved game to end up like american footy,which goes on for hours.

Judge
20-08-2007, 16:25
About the Garcia goal against Chelsea,you have no video footage to back up what you say,it was 50/50 but what happened yesterday is 100% against a penalty.I'm angry because it hurts when it's your own team that's been cheated.I'm also angry because it's been going on for too long now,time for a change i think,yes and diving ,winning free kicks should also be stamped out from the game.I hate seeing Gerrard dive for free kicks,he wasnt always like this,this diving has creeped into his game.

Judge
20-08-2007, 16:56
Len, i can just see you now,hunting through youtube for the Garcia goal..:brush::brush::brush:

Len Ganley Stance
20-08-2007, 17:03
These silly school yard mistakes by refs have gone on for too long now and needs to be kicked out of the game,true because it was against Liverpool i'm now in favour,its gone on too long.It puts off people from watching the game.
Replays should be brought in for pens and if the ball went over the line,we need to draw the line somewhere.
First we should have a camera on the goal line and then somehting else.
I don't want our beloved game to end up like american footy,which goes on for hours.

Video replays work in rugby for example because the game is more stop-start than football is. It's the same with - as you say - American football - where it is even easier to have.

In my opiinion, Football would end up being a joke if this technology is introduced. You'd have some Managers demanding replays for stupid things like throw ins.

The game has done very nicely without this technology mind you introducing it might have the benefit of not having to listen to Sky's commentary team going over the same incident again and again.

I think the fact that you have admitted suddenly becoming converted to having this technology introduced because a decision went against Liverpool speaks volumes.

Judge
20-08-2007, 17:12
To be continued...

i'm just letting off some steam here Len, cos my team was robbed.

back in a jiffy, time to water my soul..:brush::brush::brush:

Judge
20-08-2007, 20:53
Video replays work in rugby for example because the game is more stop-start than football is. It's the same with - as you say - American football - where it is even easier to have.

In my opiinion, Football would end up being a joke if this technology is introduced. You'd have some Managers demanding replays for stupid things like throw ins.

The game has done very nicely without this technology mind you introducing it might have the benefit of not having to listen to Sky's commentary team going over the same incident again and again.

I think the fact that you have admitted suddenly becoming converted to having this technology introduced because a decision went against Liverpool speaks volumes.

I slightly agree with you, it might end in slowing the game down and that is something i don't want to see.Football is football and you have to take the good with the bad,but a camera that could cover the the 18 yard box will suit most coaches.By the way,look how long it takes the game to continue after a controversial incident,players surround the ref and games are held up for atleast a minute ,in this minute a replay could be shown to the 4th offical.In some competitions mainly u21 they are experimenting with cameras on the goal line.

Judge
20-08-2007, 20:56
Judge I feel for you! what? sorry no I don't but understand your frustration at not being able to beat Chelsea when they were poor! as for United don't even mention them... Rob Styles has just been demoted for next weeks match if that is any consolation to you Judge....:ninja:

Nice one, demoted where?,to the scrap heap i hope.
I wont mention good old UTD,they are a joke right now and it wouldn't be nice of me to rub it in.

I can't wait for the day when you UTD fans start holding up cards saying,FERGIE OUT.

Judge
20-08-2007, 21:14
''Rob Styles has been dropped from next weekend's Barclays Premier League refereeing list after his penalty blunder at Anfield on Sunday.
Styles has admitted he made an error in awarding Chelsea a second half penalty which allowed them to draw level after Fernando Torres had given Liverpool the lead.

Referees chief Keith Hackett has now confirmed Styles will be given next weekend off following the fall out from the controversial decision.

"I spoke to Rob this morning and obviously he is extremely disappointed with the decision and admitted he got it wrong. I have left a message with Rafael Benitez to apologise," said Hackett.

"Having looked at a video and seen a better angle and a better view, clearly he (Styles) now recognises that he got it wrong and he's deeply apologetic for that. I think, in fact, he too will be making contact with Liverpool in order to offer his apologies."

Atleast he's man enough to admit it..
Len, ok i know where you're coming from, i'm blowing steam because it's Liverpool,many fans up and down England get let down by bad refs,if this can be stamped out it should be looked into.

Judge
21-08-2007, 13:59
I love a good conspiracy:shhhhhh::shhhhhh::shhhhhh:

''THE referee who sparked a storm by awarding Chelsea a dodgy penalty on Sunday also paved Blues owner Roman Abramovich’s DRIVE.

Rob Styles, whose decision let Chelsea sneak a 1-1 draw with Liverpool, is on the board of builders Oakwood Groundworks Ltd.

The company was paid a five-figure sum for work at billionaire Abramovich’s 440-acre country estate last summer.

Styles, 43, has been dropped as a ref for this weekend’s Premier League matches following his apparent howler that drew furious protests from Liverpool.

He ruled that Liverpool’s Steve Finnan upended Chelsea’s Florent Malouda, although TV replays suggested Malouda dived. Frank Lampard then levelled the scores from the penalty spot.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez said of Styles: “Only he can explain — but he will not be able to explain properly.”

Trained surveyor Styles’s interests outside soccer have made him a millionaire. His firm was sub-contracted to rebuild Abramovich’s drive by a company drafted in by estate managers.

He declined to comment. But his conduct was fully backed by his refereeing body last night.

A Professional Game Match Officials spokesman said: “Rob made the PGMO aware his company was undertaking work for E A Chiverton, a company sub-contracted to work on one of Mr Abramovich’s properties.

“The PGMO investigated this at the time and was entirely satisfied that no conflict of interest existed. We do not think this is an issue. We have discussed this with Rob Styles and are entirely happy. It would be entirely wrong to impune his integrity as a referee.”

Oakwood Groundworks, based in Waterlooville, Hants, re-paved the drive at Abramovich’s £12million estate Fyning Hill, near Rogate, West Sussex.

Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho had a public bust-up with Styles last year over decisions in which Chelsea were denied penalties.

But the row is understood to have been patched up when the ref called Mourinho to apologise.''

Len Ganley Stance
21-08-2007, 14:23
As you said Judge, you do love a good conspiracy.

That's about the funniest thing I've read all day.

Judge
21-08-2007, 14:25
I'm going to do some more digging on this guy..

http://bp3.blogger.com/_Vi_ZjaUoMAA/RsmR4SXzRtI/AAAAAAAAAE0/10Lz48UjzIM/s320/Rob+Styles.jpg

Judge
22-08-2007, 00:30
It looks like we might just get a camera.

''The man behind Hawkeye is confident it will be ready for use in the Premier League next season.

Dr Paul Hawkins, whose system is already used in cricket and tennis, says his technology is on course to meet FIFA requirements.

The goal-line camera debate resurfaced at the weekend when Fulham's David Healy's shot crossed the line against Middlesbrough, but stand-in referee Andy D'Urso and his assistant did not give it.

The Fulham striker has led the calls to bring in technology to clear up such issues and Hawkins says that the equipment will soon be ready after a successful summer of testing at Reading.

"The system is now performing very well in a test environment," he told Sky Sports News.

"So pretty much in any situation as soon as the ball crosses the line we can give a signal to the referee instantaneously to say whether or not the ball did, or didn't cross the line

"At Reading it took about half-a-second from the time the ball crossed the line for us to give a signal to the ref.

"And in the Premier League, seeing as they all have earpieces, that's an obvious way to communicate that to the referee."

The system will incorporate six different cameras at Premier League grounds. ''

kste22
22-08-2007, 11:36
Having just got back to Moscow, from my holiday back in Liverpool, i still feel the anger and frustration of sitting in the Paddock while that t**t styles gifted Chavski a point!

Now i accept that on occasion ref's get things worng, but on saturday not only did he get an easy decision horribly wrong but he allowed a sub standard and quite ordinary Chavski team to escape with a throughly undeserved point!

What pisses me off more is that all the talk about styles has deflected from the fact that Liverpool for the first time really in the league looked better, stronger and more creative than Chelsea! To my mind they had one notably chance on goal! For the last 10-15 min's a backline of 7 men, is this the fearless all conquering(except in Europe) Chavski side im told Maureen has bulit! For an outlay of around half a billion over 4 years, the return on Sunday was inept! John Obi one Konobi, how he survives at home i don;t know, what happens if he banged his toe, do he automatically lie on the floor! Chavski are a team of cheats, a poor showman as a manager and the worst support in the league! Celebrated like they'd won the league at the final whistle Clueless T**t's!

As for Styles who cares if he misses a week, he'll be back as sh**te as ever and will Liverpool get there 2 points back no i doubt it!!!

John Terry's mar she loves the scouse c**K, best chant i've heard for ages!! And it's true!!!!!!!!!!

Judge
22-08-2007, 18:42
True, the 2 points are lost and styles will be back in action in a week or so.Refs should get yellow/red cards or even better fined ,maybe this will help them from cheating.

thewanderer
22-08-2007, 23:53
My weekend was definitely ruined by the result last Sunday. Having now watched the penalty call a number of times, there's no way anyone could look at that again and think it was a good call. That's what makes Mourinho's comments look even worse - they were after he had the opportunity to think about it a bit. On the other hand, I'm glad to be saying that I wasn't happy with a draw. Last few years I probably would have been satisfied with that result against Chelsea.

Slightly off topic, I'm excited to hear that there are other Liverpool fans here in Moscow! My usual interaction with fellow Reds comes on occasional visits to the lfc website forums. Where do you watch the game, Judge (and kste)? I've been settling for Chinese streams when my high-speed is functioning, gamecast when it's not, and I'm getting frustrated. Where could I go to catch the Sunderland game, for example?

Judge
23-08-2007, 00:11
Mourinho could have saved face a little with Liverpool fans,if he came out with something like, Liverpool were hard done by,he would have gained a bit of respect.
I usually watch Liverpool games at the Boarhouse,our next game is an early kick off,which buggers me,because i thought it was the usual 6 pm kick off and shifted a few lessons to fit in the game.

Next time i have the chance to watch Liverpool ,i'll drop you a pm.

By the way, on this site Liverpool has the most fans,there's one or two Man U fans and the odd one or two who follows other prem teams.

kste22
23-08-2007, 09:21
Hiya Wanderer, Im a new resident in moscow, been here about 2 months, there are a few places i tend to catch the footy, either home, Jigsaw or Boarhouse depending on the mood im in!

I have NTV+ so most of the games shown on sky and setanta are shown there! Boarhouse is good when the happy hour is on, 6-10 (i think) but for quality of TV and availability of the games Jigsaw is the best, although i personally think the service is shocking!

Got home for the Chavski game, which would have been great bar Styles! Still Sunderland game should be interesting hope we go for the jugular! Let us know if you want to go watch the game, i tell ya where im thinking of going! Are you from Liverpool?

thewanderer
23-08-2007, 11:48
Actually, I have an extremely complicated personal history, but the short answer is, no, I'm not from Liverpool. Born in Brasil, grew up in Bolivia, lived in America for a while and in between spent a year living in England (that's when I became a Reds fan). Also new to Moscow (been here about 3 months).

And yes, I'd love to catch a game every now and again. My problem is that the unbelievable rent prices have made me a poor man, and I can't afford to buy a 1000 ruble hamburger just so I can watch the game every week. Where is the Boarhouse, and can I get away with just drinking a Coke there to watch the game, or will I get frowned at?

kste22
23-08-2007, 11:51
Boarhouse is very cheap especially in happy hour, around 200 rub's for meal and drink maybe less ! Jigsaw is more expensive although not 1000 rub's a burger, more like 250! As for rent, moving away from the centre if indeed that is where you can save you money on rent!

Judge
23-08-2007, 13:12
Before happy hour at the boarrhouse Bazooka's are worth getting but you might get a headache after a drinking a few of them.

Len Ganley Stance
23-08-2007, 13:58
By the way, on this site Liverpool has the most fans,there's one or two Man U fans and the odd one or two who follows other prem teams.

TheWanderer,

Welcome to the Forum. I am NOT a Liverpool supporter, by the way.

Judge,

Including TheWanderer, I count three Liverpool supporters on here. Who are the rest of them?

Judge
23-08-2007, 14:10
TheWanderer,

Judge,

Including TheWanderer, I count three Liverpool supporters on here. Who are the rest of them?

Scouser,comes on now and again,and a few others who i can't remember right now.

Len Ganley Stance
23-08-2007, 14:41
Scouser hasn't posted on here for months. If he had done, I would have thought he would definitely have put a team into the Fantasy footie.

I can't think of any other Scousers that post on here, not that it really matters. Having three Scousers on here is more than enough :nut:.

Sidney Bliss
23-08-2007, 14:57
I think Stan Boardman and Jimmy Tarbuck used to be moderators here before defecting to another site.

Judge
23-08-2007, 15:32
We can't forget the gorgeous Cilla Black , i miss her sooo much.:gorgeous::gorgeous:

thewanderer
25-08-2007, 00:50
TheWanderer,

Sorry about that. Your loss, I guess! :eek: :cool:

jl74
25-08-2007, 09:24
Len, are you sure your not a scouse mouse in disguise? you like to talk about Liverpool a lot... that really would make Judge happy!:vomit:
SO SUNDERLAND for a win today, 2-1...... pity Andy Cole isn't playing, as he scores lot's of goals...

Actually I think it's Sunderland Reds, as their are so many ex Man Utd players playing, it will be like a Cup Final for Liverpool!:D

Judge
25-08-2007, 11:20
Len, are you sure your not a scouse mouse in disguise? you like to talk about Liverpool a lot... that really would make Judge happy!:vomit:
SO SUNDERLAND for a win today, 2-1...... pity Andy Cole isn't playing, as he scores lot's of goals...

Actually I think it's Sunderland Reds, as their are so many ex Man Utd players playing, it will be like a Cup Final for Liverpool!:D

For sure it wont feel like champs league final because not many reds know about this.
Away to Sunderland will be tough,i predict a tight game,might end up a draw 0 0,or Liverpool might sneak it.Liverpool haven't let in any goals yet from open play.With Liverpool you never know,after lasts weeks shambles ,we might kill off Sunderalnd early,Sunderland have never seen a player like Torres.