PDA

View Full Version : Registration problems

Chris
20-08-2007, 01:15
My brother is coming to Moscow on a tourist visa and will be staying with me while he registers his visa legally with a special agency. Only problem is we're going to Riga (he has a dual entry) and then St. Pete, and will be back in Moscow 1 day before he departs.

He'll need to get a new registration, and won't have time to do it in Moscow. The agency we work with is closed Sundays.

Are there still hotels where you can pay them $30 to register you without staying there?
Or can someone recommend a place that offers quick trustworthy registration service 24/7?
Or does anyone know that if you register in St. Pete, is it a problem if you depart from Moscow? (There's a chance we may get a hotel there)

Thank you for your help.

traveller
20-08-2007, 07:17
If you are staying in Moscow <3 days then you don't need to register. Just show cops your ticket if you are stopped.

Plus the worse case scenario is pay a bribe which is less than registration.

Andy B
20-08-2007, 07:24
As I understand it, it is 3 working days anyway. If he is back for one day, on a Sunday, he should not require registration.

Chris
20-08-2007, 08:42
Thank you for your thoughts.

1. I was thinking in terms of his departure from the airport, not being stopped on the street. Bribing is something I'd like to steer clear of, particularly at the airport. But, I understand your response.

2. The catch is he will have been in Russia for three business days by then, but not in Moscow for three days - business or otherwise. I mentioned we're coming from St. Petersburg. Is it three days for the city or the country?

Is there a government/embassy site that explains all this?