PDA

View Full Version : Renewing Tekhpassport--Where, How?

motoreiter
23-05-2011, 13:42
Hi, I've got a Russian-registered motorcycle and just realized that the tekhpassport is about to expire. I renewed the tekhosmotr last month but didn't realize the tekhpassport also has to be renewed.

Can anyone tell me where and how to renew it? Any helpful contacts?

mrzuzzo
23-05-2011, 15:40
What is the difference between the two? Do motorcycles have something extra that cars don't?

motoreiter
23-05-2011, 16:13
No motos are no different from cars. The Tekhpassport is like a title/registration, and the Tekhosmotr is the technical inspection (lights work, etc.).

mrzuzzo
23-05-2011, 16:24
No motos are no different from cars. The Tekhpassport is like a title/registration, and the Tekhosmotr is the technical inspection (lights work, etc.).

You mean the STS? The pink one that says Certificat d'Immatriculation?

It doesn't have to be renewed for as long as you own the vehicle as far as I'm aware... just checked, I don't see an expiry date on mine..

motoreiter
24-05-2011, 17:07
Mine has an expiration date, and as far as I am aware, all vehicles registered in the name of a foreigner have an expiration date, which cannot be longer than the date or your registration (not your visa, your registration).

The expiration date is in rather small print near the stamp, it is very easy to miss. Again, as far as I am aware, vehicles registered in the name of Russians do not have an expiration date.

mrzuzzo
24-05-2011, 17:54
The expiration date is in rather small print near the stamp, it is very easy to miss. Again, as far as I am aware, vehicles registered in the name of Russians do not have an expiration date.

I see. Mine is registered to a Russian citizen and I am driving it using a doverennost'..

MREO/MOTOTRER hands out the registrations otherwise... http://www.riavto.ru/mreo.html