PDA

View Full Version : Business Visa

kauaijim
17-08-2007, 12:39
I would appreciate any Info. regarding Business Visa. What are difficulties, if any, different from the Tourist Visa? I would like to travel to and from Russia frequently during the course of a year. I have been issued a tourist Visa 6 months ago.
Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Kauaijim

Bels
17-08-2007, 20:21
More info about yourself would help. Your nationality and where you are going to apply for your visa would be good for starters. Whats the purpose of your visit or what are you going to tell them what your purpose is ? It can vary from person to person and from country to country.

kauaijim
19-08-2007, 11:56
Thanks for the start. I'm American hoping to find a way to be able to travel to and from Russia at will. I live in Hawaii and the closest Russian Counsel is in San Francisco.
I guess part of my question is, what should I say my reason for travel is. My lady friend has a Shop in Moscow, and I would like to become involved in the business.
I was hoping to find the easiest possible way to secure a business Visa. For example I read in thread, that applying in Hong Kong was a good idea. Few questions, no lines, and same day service.

Would it be to my advantage to use Visa Service in Russia? They provide the business paper work and all affidavits required for the Russian Government. From there it is up to me, to take affidavits and Visa forms to my local Counsel, in San Fran.
I guess what I'm asking is what is the difference in applying for a Tourist Visa and a Business Visa? Requirements?
Thanks, I would appreciate any suggestions and help.

Bels
19-08-2007, 16:32
Application for business visa can vary from your nationality or even where you get your visa. Hopefully there will be eventually some americans who will
discuss with you their experiences.

But you will need an invitation. One option is to get a personal invitation from your lady friend. I believe the office where she gets this application is ovir, or just say the office where she gets her local passport. she will send you the invitation and you will go to your local Russian Embassy in the USA with her invitation and other necessary documents to make your application. The visa will be for 3 months.

For a business visa you will need an invitation which may be purchased from a Russian agency such as Liga consultants. I think it costs about $70.

For reliable information it would best to find your local Russian embassies website. For the time being and with general info about the different types of visas you can look at the one I use from London. rusemblon.org

James22
22-08-2007, 14:15
I am going to get my 14th ME Business Visa and have never needed to show any medical insurance certificate in the past. I guess this time I will get a visa in Prague so called today to see what I need and they said starting June this year a ME visa require a insurance card or certificate and I do not know where to get this or how long it need to be valid for.

I do not really need the insurance -

Digenis Akritas
22-08-2007, 14:59
The above posters are correct.

As an American citizen, you probably won't have much difficulty in getting a one-year multi-entry business visa. That is, as long as you don't have any strange circumstances (criminal record, prior overstayed visas, affiliations with wacko cults or terrorist groups, etc.).

You can get your invitation through many different companies for around $75. Liga was mentioned above. I've used Business Travel Group (Приветствие - BTGI (http://btgi.ru)) and Nicko Tour (http://nicko.ru) myself in the past. Your friend probably cannot get the business invitation for you; and if she were able it would be a great deal more work than doing in through an agency. Save yourself the trouble.

It probably doesn't make a huge difference for you at which Russian Consulate you apply, as an American citizen. There's no reason at all to go to Hong Kong or anything like that. Just apply for your invitation from a registered Russian organization (this process takes at least 3 weeks) then send your passport and invitation to the Russian Consulate or visit them personally (SF or NYC). You can pay for expedited service (1-day, 3-days, etc.) or wait longer and pay less if you're in no hurry.

Good luck!

Bels
22-08-2007, 15:42
The above posters are correct.

As an American citizen, you probably won't have much difficulty in getting a one-year multi-entry business visa. That is, as long as you don't have any strange circumstances (criminal record, prior overstayed visas, affiliations with wacko cults or terrorist groups, etc.).

You can get your invitation through many different companies for around $75. Liga was mentioned above. I've used Business Travel Group (Приветствие - BTGI (http://btgi.ru)) and Nicko Tour (http://nicko.ru) myself in the past. Your friend probably cannot get the business invitation for you; and if she were able it would be a great deal more work than doing in through an agency. Save yourself the trouble.

It probably doesn't make a huge difference for you at which Russian Consulate you apply, as an American citizen. There's no reason at all to go to Hong Kong or anything like that. Just apply for your invitation from a registered Russian organization (this process takes at least 3 weeks) then send your passport and invitation to the Russian Consulate or visit them personally (SF or NYC). You can pay for expedited service (1-day, 3-days, etc.) or wait longer and pay less if you're in no hurry.

Good luck!

I was talking about the personal invitation visa which lasts 3 months. Which if you are coming to Russia to visit a friend that is the proper one to use, and only the friend can get this invitation, no one else.

However the business visa is the best option, a longer period.

Len Ganley Stance
22-08-2007, 17:55
For a business visa you will need an invitation which may be purchased from a Russian agency such as Liga consultants. I think it costs about $70.

I got an Invitation for a Business Visa in July from Liga and it cost $ 150 and I've used them for the past couple of years.

Liga can organize most - if not all - types of invitations. There may be (slightly) cheaper options out there but Liga are excellent and wll get the job done.

Bels
22-08-2007, 18:24
I can confirm it now, my invitation cost me $90 in July. I suppose costs can vary upon circumstances. I also recommend Liga

Bels
22-08-2007, 23:22
I am going to get my 14th ME Business Visa and have never needed to show any medical insurance certificate in the past. I guess this time I will get a visa in Prague so called today to see what I need and they said starting June this year a ME visa require a insurance card or certificate and I do not know where to get this or how long it need to be valid for.

I do not really need the insurance -

As a British citizen you don't need any medical insurance, as there is an agreement between both countries. How this applies to Americans or Australians I don't know.

Probably the Russians are getting a better deal comparing British National Health and Russian.

James22
23-08-2007, 21:50
I am an American and will be getting the ME Visa in Prague and they said they require the proof of insurance - as I wrote - I have never needed this before so have no idea where to get it

Bels
23-08-2007, 22:00
Would a travel agency do and buy avoucher? Experienced Americans. Where are you?

tgma
24-08-2007, 10:19
The year before last, I needed to buy a medical insurance certificate in London when I was renewing my visa. This year didn't. You just buy a standard one-year travel insurance policy from the Post Office, which has the added benefit of actually insuring you!

Bels - what do you mean about buying a voucher - for insurance?

Bels
24-08-2007, 13:15
Yes, somethiing like you have mentioned. An insurance travel voucher or document which some travel agencies may ask you to purchase with your flight to another country. So if Americans can't get insurance from post offices where can they get it?

kauaijim
26-08-2007, 09:05
I would like to give thanks to every one out there, for your generous help, regarding the Business Visa. After weighing all options, Liga sounds like the best.
My lady friend will be happy to hear this.

By the way, I was just reading about registration the first 3 days in Russia, and how important it is. I've got to tell you, I went to 3 different police stations, regarding registration. I was told by each one, forget it, don't worry about, and they just laughed it off.
No problems on departure. What's the real story about registration?

Thanks Again!

Bels
26-08-2007, 14:38
First three days is very important. Go to your local OVIR or is it IVER or the local post office and fill in a form. Not the police.

Maxim
26-08-2007, 14:51
No problems on departure. What's the real story about registration?1st, do not listen to police, listen to FMS - Federal migration service. They register everybody.

2nd - do not go to post office if you want to make everything 100% correct.

3rd - no problems on departure anyway. But better register youself. You need 1 application form filled, 1 copy of a passport, 1 copy of a migration card and sometimes copy of a russian passport (flat's owner).

James22
27-08-2007, 01:54
Yes for sure register your visa. I use IntelServcie http://www.visatorussia.com/

for my invitation and for registration - registration costs $20 I think and you need to do it for a multi entry visa every 6 months

About the needed health insurance certificate or card I will need to get a new multi entry in Prague - as I am not British of course it does not come from a post office - it is medical. Has no one here ever needed such a document for getting a visa?

kauaijim
28-08-2007, 08:08
Now that I'm back home, what are the consequences of me not registering?

DDT
31-08-2007, 01:11
I am an American and will be getting the ME Visa in Prague and they said they require the proof of insurance - as I wrote - I have never needed this before so have no idea where to get it
I was told just the other day by the Russian Embassy in San Fransisco that I could use the travel insurance that you can buy at a travel agency where I am buying my tickets, STA Travel, as long as it comes with health and medical. That is $240 for 3 months.

tokenscouser
04-09-2007, 03:38
Basically, I think you just need to prove you have insurance, so buy travel insurance from wherever you like, internet, post office (UK - lol), travel agency or hell even an insurance company and then they will give you a policy certificate or something of the like. They want proof you're insured and that they won't be paying for anything that happens to you!

Kakashka
17-12-2007, 06:25
Anyone know an affordable agency for One Year Multi Entry Visa Invitations?

I have used Andrews Travel House since 2003 to arrange all of my Invitations.
But every year it seems to go up in price by 1500 Roubles! this year they quoted me 11,000 Roubles and well thats just a little to much for me to swallow! when my first cost me 5800 Roubles back in 2003 I know there is inflation here in Moscow but holy shit!

I am not looking for supper fast service even 30 Business days would be great! my current visa doesnt expire until April so I am not in much of a hurry.

But I am not paying 11,000 Roubles for just the Invitation than another $450 USD for the Visa at the Embassy. I like living in Moscow and all but Its getting more and more expensive dealing with these agencies...

If anyone can give me the name of an affordable agency that is reliable and
is not based in the US of A! I have a real problem dealing with American companies to arrange Russian Visa's! I have already had my Fun with Visa House back in 2002!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Kakashka!

VladSkywolf
17-12-2007, 07:49
Anyone know an affordable agency for One Year Multi Entry Visa Invitations?

I have used Andrews Travel House since 2003 to arrange all of my Invitations.
But every year it seems to go up in price by 1500 Roubles! this year they quoted me 11,000 Roubles and well thats just a little to much for me to swallow! when my first cost me 5800 Roubles back in 2003 I know there is inflation here in Moscow but holy shit!

I am not looking for supper fast service even 30 Business days would be great! my current visa doesnt expire until April so I am not in much of a hurry.

But I am not paying 11,000 Roubles for just the Invitation than another $450 USD for the Visa at the Embassy. I like living in Moscow and all but Its getting more and more expensive dealing with these agencies...

If anyone can give me the name of an affordable agency that is reliable and
is not based in the US of A! I have a real problem dealing with American companies to arrange Russian Visa's! I have already had my Fun with Visa House back in 2002!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Kakashka!

I know you don't want to deal with U.S. companies, but if you're unable to find anything else which is acceptable, I can recommend Goto Russia Travel (http://gotorussia.net/). I've used them before to my satisfaction and they can do the whole thing for a reasonable price. They will also arrange just the invitation if that's all you need/want. Check 'em out, currently the invitation with visa is $340 for 26 day processing. Btw, since they are partnered with a Moscow company for the invitations, you may be able to arrange picking up the invitation yourself (or having it delivered locally) for a reduced cost if you're still in Moscow at the time.

As an aside, they are run by Russians and are located in Atlanta, GA. Again, I've had nothing but positive experiences with them, both for visas and good prices on airfare to Russia.

Kakashka
17-12-2007, 21:14
But what I was really looking for is an affordable agency the actual Invitation should not cost more than $200 USD I dont know why these agencies seem to think if you are applying for the Invitation they are entitled to a 500% Mark up its really quite foolish but what to do? Its Russia! :cussing:

James22
20-12-2007, 04:30
As I posted earlier - Russian Visa Online (http://visatorussia.com/)

It costs $200

make sure you read the new rules on their site as the 90 day rule and where you must get a visa etc

They have office here and in the USA