PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid people

shurale
26-04-2011, 09:06
Anybody thinks that Russians in general are more paranoid than people from other countries?

Viola
26-04-2011, 11:21
Anybody thinks that Russians in general are more paranoid than people from other countries?

No.

Lady Lana
26-04-2011, 11:31

No

Babygirl
26-04-2011, 11:44
Not really.No.When I lived in the United States I used to meet many more paranoid people than here.Most Americans are used to comfort and everything working in certain way, makes thems spoiled and unable to deal with real life challenges.Once ABC situation becomes XYZ they become paranoid and helpless.( In most cases,there are always exceptions of course) .
Russianz are different .Paranoia is very often a norm here,so we are more adaptable and resilient as a nation in general.

Lady Lana
26-04-2011, 12:27
Not really.No.When I lived in the United States I used to meet many more paranoid people than here.

:iagree:

AstarD
26-04-2011, 12:44
What do you mean by paranoid?

par•a•noid
adjective
1. Relating to, characteristic of, or affected with paranoia.
2. Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others: a paranoid suspicion that the phone might be bugged. Exhibiting undue suspicion, fear of persecution, etc.

noun
One affected with paranoia.

Thesaurus
paranoid
adjective
1. (Informal) suspicious, worried, nervous, fearful, apprehensive, antsy (informal)
We live in an increasingly paranoid and fearful society.

2. obsessive, disturbed, unstable, manic, neurotic, mentally ill, psychotic, deluded, paranoiac his increasingly paranoid delusions

Korotky Gennady
26-04-2011, 16:09

Do you mean old russians or new ones ?

If you mean the new russian, they are not paranoid, they are only oligophrenic.

Korotky Gennady
26-04-2011, 16:13
we are more adaptable and resilient as a nation in general.

I hope we two are not members of the same nation.

Ian G
26-04-2011, 16:24
In answer to shurale's question, No. Most governments are paranoid, and most people , all over the world, are intelligent enough not to take what their government says too seriously.

Dicorp
26-04-2011, 17:57
Yes and No.

Russians are more concerned with things such as how you got home, did you get paid at work, why is the bus late. Small and medium size worries. This is mostly explained by this countries general lack of proper law enforcement, high crime rates, working conditions and general peace and civil order.

Westerners are definitely more concerned with who's following me on the street/in traffic/Facebook privacy/afraid of people approaching them

Don't which one is more correct.

Matt24
26-04-2011, 19:20
What do you mean by paranoid?

Who is asking the question?

MickeyTong
26-04-2011, 19:25

A loyal citizen with nothing to hide wouldn't ask that Matt. Your days are numbered, mate. Watch your back, and check under your car before you switch on the ignition.

Korotky Gennady
26-04-2011, 19:33
check under your car before you switch on the ignition.

He has no ignition in his auto.

Babygirl
26-04-2011, 21:23

FSB:watching:

robertmf
27-04-2011, 00:20

:11629: Ask moustaches about that.

robertmf
27-04-2011, 00:23
Not really.No.When I lived in the United States I used to meet many more paranoid people than here.Most Americans are used to comfort and everything working in certain way, makes thems spoiled and unable to deal with real life challenges.Once ABC situation becomes XYZ they become paranoid and helpless.( In most cases,there are always exceptions of course) .
Russianz are different .Paranoia is very often a norm here,so we are more adaptable and resilient as a nation in general.

:fudd: What you mean "we" Kemosabe ?

:smurf:

Ulyana.de.fine
27-04-2011, 00:50
Do you mean old russians or new ones ?

If you mean the new russian, they are not paranoid, they are only oligophrenic.

haha ... you mean oligarchenic...the new russians that is :thumbsup:
hmm is there such word Bells? :confused:

MickeyTong
27-04-2011, 00:57
haha ... you mean oligarchenic...the new russians that is :thumbsup:
hmm is there such word Bells? :confused:

OH YES, of which DR Who said when when he was at Only Fools And Horses (a GREAT British classic, which his Russian wife agrees): "oligarchenics are plonkers", oh yes.

Sadarr
27-04-2011, 20:06

Anybody thinks that Russians in general are more gullible than people from other countries?

Anybody thinks that Russians in general believe the news from official sources is the truth as presented?