PDA

View Full Version : Wed-Expat/Russian business mixer

Runaway
14-08-2007, 15:59
Expat Wednesdays
This week at the Shamrock Bar
(Expat/Russian business mixer)
Wed Drinks

Wednesdays have long been a traditional night in Moscow, well in fact a lot of places around the world, to meet with fellow business people over drinks to socialize and make new contacts. The idea started here in the mid nineties, but only really took off staff of the "Meeting Point" started with it's venue at Planet Hollywood (Giving credit where credit is due). In the early part of 2000 the group split into a couple of areas because of venues and "Meeting Point" as well as the "Alternative" night (Sponsored by Runaway Promotions) continued well into 2005. Since that time there has been an absence of such get togethers other then those thrown together by those of you on the site.

I decided to revive those nights about three weeks ago and the first night we had about 40-45 in attendance and the second around 25-30. The crowd seemed to enjoy and there were a few newcomers which is always good giving them an introduction into our community.
We are arranging to start out with Hemingway's next week (by request of their management) and then every second Wednesday after that depending on how things go. This week we will return to the Shamrock and it will be nice to see a lot of you turn out. Since the heat will be turn up a few notches it might not be a bad thing to do it inside tomorrow anyway.

What's the worse thing can happen? You could have a little fun?

PS, ZIYOD is on vacation so there will be no live loud music :-)

Hope to see you there!

The Specials will be as follows:

From 7-9pm:

2 for 1's

Corona and Heineken bottles
Bacardi and Coke
Jack and coke

10% off Heineken Draft

Please pass this along to your friends and if you have an idea for an event or maybe a new location for future events let me know.

Hope to see you there!

Address: 13 Novy Arbat
Moscow Russia
Telephone: 291-7681

Regards,

Don

Runaway
15-08-2007, 10:22
I will have about 25 tickets with me tonight for this weekends Stramash event if anyone is interested let me know:D

smiley
15-08-2007, 23:33
I wish to join, but is too late now...

Runaway
16-08-2007, 09:26
I would like to give a big thank you to all of you who showed up last night. We had a good turn out and there were a lot of new faces. The only complaint was from the ladies side because out of the 50 some people in attendance there were only 6 ladies?
Next week I hope to see you all again and those of you who didn't make please join in.

Regards,

Runaway:verycool:

hot jock
16-08-2007, 13:55
I would like to give a big thank you to all of you who showed up last night. We had a good turn out and there were a lot of new faces. The only complaint was from the ladies side because out of the 50 some people in attendance there were only 6 ladies?
Next week I hope to see you all again and those of you who didn't make please join in.

Regards,

Runaway:verycool:

Thanks for organising the night, was good to meet new people , and get a good deal at the bar.:thumbsup:

romanmiami
07-09-2007, 16:20
Hi Don
this is Jay-Chesterfeild
You know???
I need to talk to you
How can we exchange tel numbers
Urgent