PDA

View Full Version : I've just got a job! Woohoo!!!!

Willy
20-04-2011, 18:09
From next Thursday Willy will be the house drummer at Double Bourbon for the Thursday night open jam.

The band leader who wasn't there last week must have heard about what I did, (rock the house) and just called and offered me the job every week. This is a Russian biker bar and pretty cool too. It's run by the Pirates of Wind biker club or gang take your pick.

So not this week but next, come see the best drummer you've ever seen. I will be there this Thursday but don't know how much playing time I will get.

SpinaPubica
20-04-2011, 18:12
From next Thursday Willy will be the house drummer at Double Bourbon for the Thursday night open jam.

The band leader who wasn't there last week must have heard about what I did, (rock the house) and just called and offered me the job every week. This is a Russian biker bar and pretty cool too. It's run by the Pirates of Wind biker club or gang take your pick.

So not this week but next, come see the best drummer you've ever seen. I will be there this Thursday but don't know how much playing time I will get.

Congrats man..
i hope things will get better soon.

ezik
20-04-2011, 18:13
Congratulations!!!
Actually, I saw the audition that was quite impressive.
Ladies and Gents, this is a very nice Blues Bar, by the way...
Willy, good luck, well done!

AndreyS
20-04-2011, 18:13
Congratulations!

Willy
20-04-2011, 18:30
Congratulations!!!
Actually, I saw the audition that was quite impressive.
Ladies and Gents, this is a very nice Blues Bar, by the way...
Willy, good luck, well done!

No dude you missed it, it wasn't the time we met but the week after. I got up on the second set and stayed for the rest of the night. At the end they paid me and only gave a little money to the drummer who had the job. That never happens!

I rock!

It is a cool bar, you right about that.

Willy
20-04-2011, 18:31
Congrats man..
i hope things will get better soon.

Thanks come by and see me.

franzewich
20-04-2011, 18:47
Congratulations! :fireworks:

No more sleeping with the winos or begging girls for a stay (not the worst choice, though! ;) )

Willy
20-04-2011, 19:00
Congratulations! :fireworks:

No more sleeping with the winos or begging girls for a stay (not the worst choice, though! ;) )

I ain't gonna stop asking (not begging as I don't beg, well unless they're super fine) girls for a place to stay.

As for winos, some of my best friends drink like fish. Doesn't make them bad people.

franzewich
20-04-2011, 19:09
... Doesn't make them bad people.

That's not what I meant to convey! :( Anybody can crack and wind up on the streets. Happened to a good friend from school.

Ever seen the Japanese comedy "Tampopo, or The Art of Noodle Soup Making"? Includes some gourmet winos! Great movie!

Lady Lana
20-04-2011, 19:15
Congratulations, Willy! Well done! :applause:

SpinaPubica
20-04-2011, 19:21
That's not what I meant to convey! :( Anybody can crack and wind up on the streets. Happened to a good friend from school.

Ever seen the Japanese comedy "Tampopo, or The Art of Noodle Soup Making"? Includes some gourmet winos! Great movie!

Tampopo rulezz

YouTube - Tampopo - The Art of Noodle Appreciation

Babygirl
20-04-2011, 19:33
Wohooo!
Super,good for you.
Keep on rocking, man!
Rock and roll is all we need.

vovik01
20-04-2011, 19:49

You are the man! :-)))

FatAndy
20-04-2011, 20:26
Cool! Congratulations!:beerbros:

MickeyTong
20-04-2011, 20:41
Well done, Willy. Life can become sweet.

BrandonL
20-04-2011, 21:21
Congrats man, I'll come and see you play.

Willy
20-04-2011, 21:39
Congrats man, I'll come and see you play.

I'm at Papa's right now, come on down if you can.

I know the band playing tonight, maybe just maybe they'll let me play a few songs.

Really good band called Beverly Hills.

tasel
20-04-2011, 21:39
Congrats Willy. Hope to visit there soon :)

BrandonL
20-04-2011, 21:41
I'm at Papa's right now, come on down if you can.

I know the band playing tonight, maybe just maybe they'll let me play a few songs.

Really good band called Beverly Hills.

If I didn't have to get up early tomorrow, I'd join you.

Ulyana.de.fine
20-04-2011, 21:44
Congratulations and good luck with this job!
Really happy for you.
:applause:

Willy
20-04-2011, 22:10
Congrats Willy. Hope to visit there soon :)

Great your welcome.

Just can you take that mask off before you do, man that thing gives me the creeps.

Willy
20-04-2011, 22:13
Congratulations and good luck with this job!
Really happy for you.
:applause:

Thank you, but you can't be as happy as I am.

Willy
21-04-2011, 02:55
Nicely done, Willy! If I am off that night I will be there!

I thought you were always going off about something.

But thanks man it would be good to see ya.

Benedikt
21-04-2011, 06:12
from the kit set up i can see that you actually play and not just hit a few buttons and let the electronics do the rest. :Dmost probably i never wil lsee you, (i also work when others play,not drums that is..) but have a grat time and all the best!

shurale
21-04-2011, 10:36

Buddy, can you spare a dime?
YouTube - brother can you spare a dime, bing crosby 0001

shurale
21-04-2011, 10:37
YouTube - Al Jolson - Brother can you spare a Dime

Brother, can you spare a dime!!!?

Viola
21-04-2011, 12:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k5T-WaIIogo

TGP
21-04-2011, 13:52
Conratulations! Getting a job is always a nice thing in life :10518: