PDA

View Full Version : Money transfer to Euro-Zone ?

MrTravkin
17-04-2011, 18:07
Maybe stupid question again and somebody can give quick answer. When I worked before in Russia this was a big problem: If I get my salary (or big part of it) in roubles to my account in a Russian bank is it easy to convert roubles to Euros and send them to homeland to local bank ? Are there some general and monthly restrictions and what are the costs ? All money will be legally earned and taxed in Russia.

FatAndy
17-04-2011, 21:23
It seems to me every bank can do it for you, at least there were positive feedbacks about Alfa and VTB24. Only restriction I heard (but can't prove, because never sent such sums) is that not more than 1K or 1.5K bucks per day...
But I think it will be your employer who defines which bank you'll use for salary...

MrTravkin
19-04-2011, 21:00
Thx Andy. I will be in position having influence which bank we select for our Russian company or branch office. Any recommendations about a Russian bank that works well with Scandinavian Nordea Bank and has good service for small foreign owned company and it's expat personnel ?

ilya25
23-04-2011, 13:30
Thx Andy. I will be in position having influence which bank we select for our Russian company or branch office. Any recommendations about a Russian bank that works well with Scandinavian Nordea Bank and has good service for small foreign owned company and it's expat personnel ?

Nordea bank has presence in Russia
http://www.nordea.ru/

otherwise go for any Russian large bank (Alfa-Bank, VTB, Gazprombank , etc)
check which service youd like more anfd go for it

AndreyS
23-04-2011, 14:14
Maybe stupid question again and somebody can give quick answer. When I worked before in Russia this was a big problem: If I get my salary (or big part of it) in roubles to my account in a Russian bank is it easy to convert roubles to Euros and send them to homeland to local bank ? Are there some general and monthly restrictions and what are the costs ? All money will be legally earned and taxed in Russia.
You can do it. No restrictions for foreigners. There are restrictiions on the amounts for Russian citizens.
Any big or small bank can make money transfers for you. Nothing to discuss. Commissions can vary though - it's the only thing you should check out.

MrTravkin
23-04-2011, 17:02
I feel myself really stupid. Just browsed Nordeas Russian web-pages. Everything in banking system looks very simple now compared what was situation when I worked before in Russia. I have totally missed information that Nordea has own branches and even credit cards in Russia.

This is great forum, I have found here lot of usefull information about working and living Moscow.

KseniaW
15-08-2011, 15:32
Citi is very good for such purpose, visit branch or call CitiPhone