PDA

View Full Version : Rechnoy vokzal ?

virginiemialon
16-04-2011, 19:31
Hi,

I probably will move and live near Rechnoy vokzal metro station wich will be closer to my office. Is anyone living there ? How is it ? Is it a safe, nice place to live ?

FatAndy
16-04-2011, 19:47
Well, it is far from the center and I can't say that it is super-puper area, but not bad IMHO.
It is green enough in sidestreets and yards and if you like river cruises at summertime, you will have ship station handy;) Being far from the center means less expenses for accomodation, and if you plan to fly often, SVO airport is close.
Metro station has a lot of shops/malls around it, so very probably you'll have no problems with this side of life.

I can't say anything about safety, because I'm not living there, just visited our warehouse several times on business needs, and the route was via this area.

Ulrika
16-04-2011, 21:16
Hey!
I'd been living in that area a couple of years ago. In my view if you have some options just don't go for Rechnoy for sure. It's ever-crowded and mostly dirty place with thousands of people waiting for the regional buses commuting back home till late p.m...

AndreyS
16-04-2011, 21:33
Hey!
I'd been living in that area a couple of years ago. In my view if you have some options just don't go for Rechnoy for sure. It's ever-crowded and mostly dirty place with thousands of people waiting for the regional buses commuting back home till late p.m...
20 years ago the place was green and kinda upmarket. ;-)

tvadim133
16-04-2011, 22:11
I do not know, if it is safety, but what I see from my friends' experience (they bought a flat there). the area is occupied (flats are rented) by people from different CIS countries.

Though the friends live in Flotskaya street and the district there is quite OK, but next to Metro, it is horrible, as they say.

Btw, I would choose M. Voikovskaya (the right side of Leningradksy shosse, direction from the centre).

I will be back
19-04-2011, 17:07
I'm living there, as tvadim133 said the district there is quite OK, but next to Metro, it is horrible, as they say.
You should choose flat farther then 200 meters from metro

Dicorp
21-04-2011, 17:10
If you have the means to live close then by all means yes, do it.

But if not, Rechnoy Vokzal is one of the better end stations in the city.

Moscowmido
21-04-2011, 18:00
Yep !! i live in Rechnoy vokzal , already for three months PM if you want more details .
Always ready to help.
Best regards
Mido

Inola
22-04-2011, 21:04
Hi,
I've been living near Rehnoi Vokzal for the last 2 years and like the area very much. Shops, park, river. Never had any safety problems.

fleurov
03-05-2011, 02:48
Completely safe. Not too nice though.

Alexandere
04-05-2011, 20:11
Safe, as far as I know. And the beach is like 40 minutes walk, really nice place.

Nvard
29-05-2011, 17:57
Rechnoy area is nice and quite!

marus
05-06-2011, 23:50
Quiet and cosy in the sidestreets but awful near the metro station!

Pixiestar
10-06-2011, 21:37
It's a bit far and traffic is horrendous. Industrial in parts, just don't live near the leningradsky prospekt.

PeteTheMeat
15-06-2011, 23:38
Hi, I had a friend whom I visited regularly in Rychnoy Vokzal, he lived there with his wife and two young children for about 8yrs, he and his family loved it there, especially as his eldest son suffered from asthma and he moved there from the centre, his son's health improved greatly. It has some nice beaches right on your door and it takes not much more than 30mins on the metro to get into the centre.

Anatoly Ivanov
18-06-2011, 02:38
The main attraction there is the Rechnoi Vokzal itself. It is quite a nice park all along the wharf, and, in summer, boats are coming and going. The station building deserves attention - the star on the spire is one of the first generation Kremlin stars of 1935, the ceramic medalions on facades are unique.