PDA

View Full Version : Rooney fractures foot

Judge
13-08-2007, 00:19
Bad news for Utd fans.Such a shame, right at the beginning of the season,looks like Rooney will miss a few games for England.

Judge
13-08-2007, 14:03
Rooney will be out for 2 months, so no Rooney in Moscow.

snow&music
13-08-2007, 16:02
As a Liverpool fan, who's grandfather used to work for Man City, I somehow managed to retain zen like calm on hearing Man U's tragic news. :)

Major bummer for England though, and not good to see decent sportspeople laid up, no matter who they play for :(

Judge
13-08-2007, 16:13
Very bad news for England, it would have been good to see him over here in Moscow..

snow&music, we are doing a fantasy footy league,you can still sign up if you like.

snow&music
13-08-2007, 16:39
Cool, would love to have a crack at fantasy league! Please can you let me know how to hook up with it.

Cheers!

Judge
13-08-2007, 17:21
Here you go..

http://www.expat.ru/forum/sports/30060-times-new-fantasy-footie-league-who-up.html

At first it's hard to get your head around it but once you do it's a fun,more control over your team..If you have any questions PM Len Ganley Stance ,he's the guy who knows most about it.There's only 5 teams but not to worry,some had a slow start,like Len.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Len Ganley Stance
14-08-2007, 09:22
As a Liverpool fan, who's grandfather used to work for Man City……. :(

You must have really messed up in a previous life:ignore:

Here you go..

http://www.expat.ru/forum/sports/30060-times-new-fantasy-footie-league-who-up.html

At first it's hard to get your head around it but once you do it's a fun,more control over your team..If you have any questions PM Len Ganley Stance ,he's the guy who knows most about it.There's only 5 teams but not to worry,some had a slow start,like Len.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Obviously I have no objections to any one else entering a team, but considering that the player allocation was done last Friday, most of the top players have already been snapped up, so anyone entering now will start at a disadvantage.

Judge, my team may have not had a particularly start over the weekend, but considering that half of them are returning from injury (Drogba for example) and some (Tevez for example) will only start playing over the next two weeks or so, you will soon see my team making a Lazarus-like recovery.

oandd
14-08-2007, 13:57
As a Liverpool fan, who's grandfather used to work for Man City, I somehow managed to retain zen like calm on hearing Man U's tragic news. :)

Major bummer for England though, and not good to see decent sportspeople laid up, no matter who they play for :(

Why is it a bummer for England - the lad hasn't scored in internaitional football for something like 3 years

snow&music
14-08-2007, 14:03
Exactly! he has obviously been building up a major reserve of goal scoring steam, ready to unleash any day now in a deadly barrage of net ripping volleys .....er......

snow&music
14-08-2007, 14:05
Obviously I have no objections to any one else entering a team, but considering that the player allocation was done last Friday, most of the top players have already been snapped up, so anyone entering now will start at a disadvantage.

Good point. I'll skip it, so it's not too messy and/or I end up with Donkey FC. :)

Len Ganley Stance
14-08-2007, 14:23
Good point. I'll skip it, so it's not too messy and/or I end up with Donkey FC. :)

You probably wouldn't have too much trouble catching Judge. Since his post earlier on this thread pointing out that some teams - mine in other words - had a slow start, the League table was updated to include Sunday's games and Judge is now languishing second from bottom. My team on the other hand has zoomed up into second place. Sometimes it appears that Judge opens his mouth just to change feet.

Len Ganley Stance
14-08-2007, 14:27
Why is it a bummer for England - the lad hasn't scored in internaitional football for something like 3 years

England will be ok as I see that Michael Owen has declared himself fit. Any whiff of an international appearance and Owen can be relied upon to be available. It's a shame that Newcastle can't rely on him on a regular basis.

Judge
14-08-2007, 20:50

Good point, i've always thought that Rooney was a little flash in the pan..
They guy can't make it against some of the top defenders in the world in the Champs League..