PDA

View Full Version : recommendations please oh please

polly
03-11-2003, 09:23
help me brainstorm!

where in Moscow would *you* hold a wedding party?
inclinations:
Budget: leaning towards 'modest' but not overly so
Atmosphere: fun and not too sappy, low wood factor pleeease; doesn't have to be all fru-fru, could be a club (-- but somehow i can't picture my parents sitting comfortably in Karma bar and its low smooshy chairs)
Food: good tasting
Service: not surly

any ideas?

Ledka
03-11-2003, 10:32
Polly! are u getting married?
My congratulations and best wishes!

uninformed
03-11-2003, 10:39
Find a dacha at Serebryanni Bor either through a rental agent or some friend wiht Embassy connections. The Danes have a nice (though small) one, Brits, Americans, etc. Gives you a homey feeling, some outdoor space, quiet, but still convenient to the city. There is a nice park somewhere over there as well as the water feature itself. Depends a bit on what time of year but could be nice, regardless. Certainly beats a hotel.

Maine Surfer
04-11-2003, 06:45
Congarts Polly!!!

polly
04-11-2003, 08:34
thanks for the congrats =)

but uninformed, i don't get it -- i ask for low-wood factor and you recommend a dacha! hahahaha
but thanks for the rec, it's an interesting idea. although since my own embassy won't help me when i've been physically assaulted (unless i actually work at the embassy...), i doubt they'll let me hang out at their dacha. ;) i must have proletariat cooties or something. :rolleyes:

vatalia
04-11-2003, 11:02
How many people are you planning to invite?

vaska
04-11-2003, 13:17
The Rytsarsky Club restaurant at MGU has a nice terrace with a great view of Moscow and good Georgian food. They have a dance floor, too, although the band leaves something to be desired...

cheers and congrats!
vaska

Fa-Q!
04-11-2003, 14:08
There's a restaurant on Prospect Mira, near metro Prospect Mira where I think the decor, service, and food might would suffice for such a function. It's called like the Garden or smthg. I'll try to remember the name of that joint and let ya know. It's 2-story with a really "open" and light atmosphere.