PDA

View Full Version : It's time again, change the clock

Benedikt
26-03-2011, 13:17
and apparently for the last time, :whisper:in Russia that is, as our powers to be have decided.
so tonight at 2 in the morning, don't forget to set the alarm, we move the clock forward one hour, to 3.
and if you don't care or just plain forget, well tomorrow is Sunday anyway, no harm done. and during the day you will find out one way or the other, that time is ticking differently.

Willy
26-03-2011, 13:27
Already a thread on this.

http://www.expat.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=819950&postcount=1

So we could say your timing is off?

Your a little late?

You didn't time it right?

You zigged when you should have zag?

Here a little diddy for ya so you don't go home empty minded.

YouTube - The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side

chartreuse
26-03-2011, 15:35
This is such a made-up issue. I never had a problem adjusting to the new schedule. My schedule is all messed up anyway. They should concentrate on real issues, like resurrecting the GULAG and sending all trash there to do something. I know, "be careful what you wish for", but Russia needs GULAG or there will be no Russia (prediction: if it goes the way it does right now, Russian Empire will cease to exist in 40-50 years, or earlier).

robertmf
26-03-2011, 18:25
:question: Russia is eliminating the daylight savings time change asof next year :question:

robertmf
26-03-2011, 18:28
... (prediction: if it goes the way it does right now, Russian Empire will cease to exist in 40-50 years, or earlier).

The primary causes of Russia's population decrease and loss of about 700,000 to 800,000 citizens each year are a :AngelPray: high death rate, low birth rate, high rate of abortions, and a low level of immigration.

http://geography.about.com/od/obtainpopulationdata/a/russiapop.htm

Dicorp
27-03-2011, 17:11
I think car clocks, wall clocks and wrist watches are the only things nowdays that don't adjust DST automatically. But who uses those anyways?

oh and btw, I think the clocks went backwards 2 weekends ago and no one noticed. So now they've gone forward so essentially nothing has changed.

franzewich
27-03-2011, 21:01
Should have read your post yesterday. After our first inline skate this year in beautiful spring weather we were 20 min. too late for a large breakfast at an American diner since we forgot to change our watches! :( So we settled for BBQ-ribs. I'm still feeling sick! :sick:

Willy
28-03-2011, 02:21
I think car clocks, wall clocks and wrist watches are the only things nowdays that don't adjust DST automatically. But who uses those anyways?

oh and btw, I think the clocks went backwards 2 weekends ago and no one noticed. So now they've gone forward so essentially nothing has changed.

YouTube - Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? (with lyrics)