PDA

View Full Version : You can't help laughing at Leeds United

Len Ganley Stance
09-08-2007, 17:23
I came across the following on a website called Unofficial Leeds United and I thought it was rather amusing.

The link to the forum on this website is -

Boycott Pies n Pints at Away Grounds || Unofficial Leeds United - Unofficial Leeds United news and views (http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s277.htm?447,8174052)

As the footie fans on here have probably heard Leeds United have lost their appeal against their fifteen point deduction and will start the new season on minus fifteen points. Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Anyway, the following was a thread on the forum of this website -

Boycott Pies n Pints at Away Grounds

Posted by: wearedirtyleeds (IP Logged)

Date: 08 August, 2007 10:02

Not my idea, posted on another forum, but worth spreading the word innit.

Been posted elsewhere that if the other clubs don't remove the points reduction, then we don't give the f**kers a penny of our money (cept for buying the tickets of course).

Buy a pie for half time at a local shop, get a bellyfull of ale before the game at a pub. BUT DON'T SPEND ANY MONEY IN THE GROUND

Who's up fer it?

First of all the login name of the poster wearedirtyleeds just about sums up the neanderthal types who support Leeds United.

It's all very well having a boycott of sorts but there are a few flaws in what is being proposed in the above -

1) While Leeds supporters enroute to away games are wreaking havoc in towns they've never probably never visited before - Cheltenham, Yeovil, Walsall and Hartlepool for example - they're hardly going to stop off and 'buy a pie' enroute to the ground. F*cking hell, the Vikings didn't stop off on their rampages and they were better mannered than your average Leeds supporter.

2) How many Pubs near the away grounds Leeds will play at this coming season do these idiots think will open their doors with open arms to them on matchdays.

Finally, further on down on the same thread, some other moron came up with the following suggestion -

Re: Boycott Pies n Pints at Away Grounds
Posted by: Tuscan Paul (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2007 11:44

Lets take it to the next level then, why stop there. You could always start pinching things from the ground like chairs, door handles etc which would then be expensive to replace. In fact just nobody go to away games full stop.

And Leeds supporters wonder why they are disliked so much.

They are a bunch of cretins.

Judge
09-08-2007, 22:17
Coming from Yorkshire myself i'm not that bothered about Leeds ,it's one hell of a rough hole,i never liked going there but i have some good mates from Leeds.Not all Leeds fans are cretins but they do have their share of idiots.One thing i'll miss is games against Leeds.And Man U vs Leeds was always a good game.

Garrik
09-08-2007, 22:48
This guy obviously is a twit, but every team has there share.... as I'm sure yours does.

Its the sort of small guys like you, who pigeon whole every fan from a club in the sameway... are you a bright a spark are you

I'm a Leeds fan as you can gather, as it my 10 year old son, you think we are Cretins?

Judge
09-08-2007, 23:14
It was a bit harsh by Len to label all followers of a team cretins,but like you say every team has them,some of my good mates are Leeds through and through and it's a shame to see them suffer because of bad management.All teams have idiots from Liverpool to non league teams.Some of things that went on between Liverpool fans at last season Champions League final was a disgrace.

Len Ganley Stance
09-08-2007, 23:26
This guy obviously is a twit, but every team has there share.... as I'm sure yours does.

Its the sort of small guys like you, who pigeon whole every fan from a club in the sameway... are you a bright a spark are you

I'm a Leeds fan as you can gather, as it my 10 year old son, you think we are Cretins?

Garrik,

Sorry if I offended you and I'm sure that you and your son aren't cretins. You are of course correct in saying that every team has its fair share of twits supporting them. Unfortunately Leeds United seem to have more than its fair share.

In some ways I feel sorry for Leeds United fans as the way your club has been mismanaged has been disgraceful.

Here's an interesting article from the Guardian on questions that should be asked about the situation at Leeds United. It's well worth your time to read it.

Guardian Unlimited: Sport blog: Leeds United: the unanswered questions (http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/07/27/leeds_united_the_unanswered_qu.html)

In other ways though, I don't feel sorry for Leeds fans at all. The fact is that I have never liked Leeds United as a football team. Under Don Revie you had a very good side who could play excellent football and beat any team on their day. Instead of relying on their footballing ability though, more-often-than-not they resorted to kicking the opposition off the park.

Returning to your original point, my own team has its fair share of idiots. My own team is the one that Leeds fas sing that nice little ditty about. You know the one that goes -

'Who's that dying on the runway?
Who's that dying in the snow?
It's Matt Busby and his boys
making such a f*cking noise
coz they can't get their aeroplane to go!'

Sorry but I can't remember the verse that mentions Duncan Edwards' head

Yes, you're probably right afterall. Leeds supporters aren't cretins at all.

Garrik
11-08-2007, 01:02
Fair enough mate... thought you might of been Manu :) Does bug me a bit how fickle my lot can be, especially getting on the players back to quickly doesn't actually end up getting the right result....

Funny story was at one game a while back my mrs had noticed how much of a lazy fatty Viduka was, he came to take a throw-in, we were sat next to the touchline, she shouted something along the line of, "do some f*ckin work you fat aussie lump", and I sware he worked his socks of for the last 10 mins :)

anyway your lot look s*it hot this year

Len Ganley Stance
11-08-2007, 09:58
Garrik,

Here's an article from today's Guardian. Quite a good read.

Fans fight against the dying of the light as Leeds face up to life at a new low | News | Guardian Unlimited Football (http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2146499,00.html)

A mate of mine asked me last night 'If Colchester United were drawn against Leeds United in the FA Cup, and Leeds won. Would that be considered a giant killing?'

As they say, Football is a funny old game. Our lot do look in good shape for the coming season, particularly now that the Tevez saga has been finally sorted. It's difficult enough to win a Championship but even more difficult to defend it. I reckon that Chelsea will win it back this year.

Good luck against Tranmere today and for the season. With the fifteen point deduction you're going to need a bit of luck.

DJ Biscuit
11-08-2007, 19:23
Probably been posted before, and bear in mind this is a vocal joke, so spelling is irrelevant - I believe posh geezers call it word play...

Q: What's the similarity between The Championship and cordless power tools?

A: No Leeds.

As a Spurs fan I suppose I should keep my north and south shut after todays result!!

Judge
11-08-2007, 21:10
Probably been posted before, and bear in mind this is a vocal joke, so spelling is irrelevant - I believe posh geezers call it word play...

Q: What's the similarity between The Championship and cordless power tools?

A: No Leeds.

As a Spurs fan I suppose I should keep my north and south shut after todays result!!

Unlucky today, kinda a kick in the teeth when your team concede in the 94th min..

DJ Biscuit
12-08-2007, 03:04
Unlucky today, kinda a kick in the teeth when your team concede in the 94th min..

Happens a lot to us. Martin Jol is all for new, more dynamic rules in which a game lasts 54 minutes or until Ledley King gets injured - whichever is the first.