PDA

View Full Version : So what is the best way for a spouse now?

Distiller2
08-08-2007, 18:12
After this new July 1st piece of "legislation" between EU and the RF, what is the best way for spouses to live here? Especially if the way via the work visa is not an option since one is self employed/freelancer?

1Y/ME Biz doesn't seem to work any more, who wants to be separated half the year? Ain't no marriage no more. No special regulations for spouses? That treaty mentions them but they still fall under the count-till-90 rule. Worthless. And the best thing non-EU citizens can still live here under the old 180 days scheme. Sure didn't ask my Govt to sign that!

Really. What shall we do next year, when the visa runs out?

Clean32
08-08-2007, 19:06
Temp res visa, is also a work visa so no problems and no visa runs

Bels
10-08-2007, 21:35
What EU nationality are you? If your British, Irish, or Danish you are OK. Otherwise I am afraid its the Temporary residential visa. Its a pain now , especially since many ex soviets are now under pressure to get it to work legally. It will be a lot of leg work and it will take some time to process.

Bels
10-08-2007, 21:39
What EU nationality are you? If your British, Irish, or Danish you are OK. Otherwise I am afraid its the Temporary residential visa. Its a pain now , especially since many ex soviets are now under pressure to get it to work legally. It will be a lot of leg work and it will take some time to process.

I'm married to a Russian and I have children in Moscow. I am so glad Britain didn't sign this stupid agreement. Although I believe they refused not for the same reason. It was more of an immigration fear of Russians into Britain.

Clean32
10-08-2007, 21:43

Ok im not from a EU country, it is a bit of a pain but i wiuld say a hell of a lot less of a pain than a visa run?
the hole point is i think ! is that the bussness visa thing was being used / abused by non russians who were in efect setteld in russia. so fair Cop
and the russian prossess is a lot easyer than most othere countrys anyway ( excluding EU etc)

Bels
10-08-2007, 22:55
I should have said it's a nightmare in application of a residential visa, a lot of leg work, lots of papers to get,all to be translated and apostiled. Along with a very poor service where no one picks up the phone or knows what an email is. the application will take a lot of your personal time, with long queus of people at government departments and clinics.

It will take a long time to get the temporary residential visa so there is no alternative but to get either a business visa or a 3 month personal invitation visa in the meantime. How many people will put up with a three month personal invitation visa.

Yes I do agree with you , once you get through all the horrific barriers of the application of a temporary residential visa it will be much better than going through the countless visa trips required for a business visa.

I have been told that application for a residential temporary visa for married couples was very simple and a matter of procedure about four years ago, but not anymore. It has become much more complicated.

Clean32
11-08-2007, 13:40
no nothing has changed.
I would say that the expats inside the moscow city have it hard, with the traveling for all the medical tests. STP it all seems to be in the same building.
and i beleve only only im moscow do you have to que, no where else.

Just a quck out line
Hedical tests
Hiv, std, drugs, nut house
its the medical tests that take the longest, with traveling though out moscow.
Rap sheet from your home country, apposseld
about 47 K usd in the bank, or proof of income.
a permanit registration.
some one to vouch for you.
thats about it
simple realy, just the running around doing the meds thats a hassel.

on the down side, temp res, if you wish to leave russia, you will need an exit visa, about 200 rubles. if you doint have this visa when leaving russia, you temp res will be canceld, and you can never apply again.

Bels
11-08-2007, 14:15
I believe Expats just outside the Moscow city have it worse. If your local ovir office is in Odentsova for example. Being in Moscow is supposedly much better. The queus are getting worse, especially since the ex soviets are now under pressure to get this visa. Otherwise they can't work legally. Ex soviets have preference to other foreigners.

Bels
11-08-2007, 14:25
However to sum it all up, yes I do agree that married couples who wish to settle in Russia do go through the nightmare of the application for Temp residential visa. It's the only way to go if you wish to freely work anywhere or be self employed. and not have the inconvenience and expense of travelling backwards and forth every three to six months.

I'll let you know of the results of my application later. It's still pending. More questions no doubt. One I fear is a request for my birth certificate, tranlated and apostiled no doubt.

Bels
11-08-2007, 14:28
I still don't know where you got this 47,000 US dollars in your bank account from. It's nowhere near that figure.

Bels
11-08-2007, 15:11
Also for me personally all the medicals were in different areas and towns, with long queus and not sure if yould have to do it another day. Each place took return visits. Everybody seemed to be after money for a lousy service.

Yes, Moscow centre is better if all the medicals are in one place and you are guaranteed to be seen on the day. However since I don't live in centre I have to put up with another local government establishment.

I was looking for some sort of refreshment in these clinics whilst enduring these long all day waits. All I could find was kiosk shops selling plants, fresh meat and raw sausages.

Still I do hope it will all work out for the better in the end. Was it worth it? Hopefully I will soon be able to let you know.

raydg
20-08-2007, 21:02
Where is the link for the new law regarding visas. I want to read it. And hope that there will not be similar laws for us US citizens. My wife is Russian and that is why I am here.

Bels
20-08-2007, 21:29
I saw a sticky somewhere, but now I cant find it now. Its at the top somewhere.

However it doesn't apply to Brits or Americans unless the embassy of that country has made a mistake. Perhaps it's best that Brits get their visas in London for the time being.

In regards to Americans I think it's best that you check the Russian Embassy or consulate in your country or nearest city that they have one. The website should give you up to date information about application of all visas just like they do at russemblon.org for London.

Bels
20-08-2007, 22:13
Where is the link for the new law regarding visas. I want to read it. And hope that there will not be similar laws for us US citizens. My wife is Russian and that is why I am here.

As I said I don't think there are such laws for Americans, but laws are changing frequently for all of us.

Perhaps it might be a good idea for you to what I am doing, since you are married, apply for temporary residency, and you won't have all this hassle. You will also have the right to work as and where you please or run your own business without so many restrictions.

Maxim
25-08-2007, 23:31
I got an answer from Russian ministry of foreign affairs few days ago.

There are no special regulations for spouses:

В настоящий момент законодательство Российской Федерации не предусматривает возможности оформления пятилетних виз
для граждан Норвегии. Это станет возможным после ратификации соответствующего двустороннего соглашения, подписанного
нашими странами в начале с.г.
С уважением,
В.Марчуков,
отдел въезда иностранцев

Its about Norway but it works at least for all Shengen countries also.

Bels
26-08-2007, 14:10
Can we have the above in English? Or maybe it's not important for us spouses in Russia. It appears unanimous now, spouses are best to apply for temporary Residency or suffer a difficult and inconvenient time trying to settle with their famil and earning a decent income LEGALLY

Bels
26-08-2007, 14:18
Hang on a minute. Norway? I pasted the Russian Embassy site in London. Norway was mentioned as being excluded from the Russian list as either not being an EU member or refusing to sign the agreement. Just like Britain, Denmark and Southern Ireland.

THE RUSSIAN EMBASSY-London
rusemblon.org

Maxim
26-08-2007, 14:22
Hang on a minute. Norway? I pasted the Russian Embassy site in London. Norway was mentioned as being excluded from the Russian list as either not being an EU member or refusing to sign the agreement. They are not EU members, but they signed the same agreement separately. So conditions are the same.