PDA

View Full Version : Degree apostille, birth certificate apostille for Russia

tomasmartini12
15-03-2011, 00:24
I had to help my mom with apostille/translation with birth certificate. We found a place that provided certify translation and apostille - Apostille Pros. That's for my mom, she had to do something in Russia.

If I want to teach in Russia, do they require a degree apostille for russia or fbi check apostille for Russia. For other countries that's the requirement, but not sure about Russia.

cookbook13
15-03-2011, 01:28
I had to help my mom with apostille/translation with birth certificate. We found a place that provided certify translation and apostille - Apostille Pros. That's for my mom, she had to do something in Russia.

If I want to teach in Russia, do they require a degree apostille for russia or fbi check apostille for Russia. For other countries that's the requirement, but not sure about Russia.

If you want to teach in Russia, all you need for the visa is a degree apostille. I'm trying to get mine taken care of right now :) so I know this is current information.

tomasmartini12
15-03-2011, 09:34
Someone said both and someone said only one, Oy....

Usually both

tomasmartini12
15-03-2011, 09:36
In this forum, there was a discussion about FBI check apostille, so now I really don't know if we need the FBI check apostille for russia.

The FBI check takes forever to get, but the apostille I can expedite through the same apostille service, so that's not a problem 'cause they provide same day service.

I'm going to ask around for sure.

If you want to teach in Russia, all you need for the visa is a degree apostille. I'm trying to get mine taken care of right now :) so I know this is current information.

DavidB
15-03-2011, 09:56
Police certificates are only required for residence permits (temporary or permanent residence). They expire 90 days after the date that the certificate was issued, so there is no point in getting one unless you're sure that you can apply for a residence permit in the expected timeframe.

For a visa, you may need an apostille on your education documents. You will also need an HIV test, but it doesn't need to be apostilled. Make sure that the hospital prints your full name and as many details as possible.

If you're planning on living in Russia for a long time, it's worth getting an apostille on important documents such as your birth certificate, marriage/divorce certificates, degrees, etc. These documents never expire, so you will only have to do this once, and it's much easier to do in your home country than when you're already in Russia.

It's also a good idea to get an international driving permit.